MBB: University Athletic Association

Started by Allen M. Karon, February 21, 2005, 08:19:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ethelred the Unready

Quote from: WUH on January 13, 2013, 12:18:18 PM
Rochester leads Washington University 42-39 at the half in Rochester.  DiBartolomeo leads all scores and is well on his way to the season average with 18 points.  Add in two rebounds, three assists and two steals.  Klimek leads the Bears with 15.

Rochester started quick, but a 10-2 run by the Bears made for a tie game at 18-18.

An entertaining contest for sure with the highlight being the Alan Aboona overhead pass to Klimek that splashed in for three.

CORRECTION: 43-39. The Live Stats have been quasi-live.

My son just sent me a text from the game.  Said it was a shootout.
"Your mind is on vacation but your mouth is working overtime" - Mose Allison

WUPHF

Quote from: Ethelred the Unready on January 13, 2013, 12:27:46 PM

I paid the $6.95 to watch. Well worth it.

Ethelred the Unready

Quote from: WUH on January 13, 2013, 12:30:58 PM
Quote from: Ethelred the Unready on January 13, 2013, 12:27:46 PM

I paid the $6.95 to watch. Well worth it.

After paying four years of tuition at UofR, I'm keeping my $6.95.....

WUPHF

NYU and Carnegie Mellon tied at the half, 31-31.

WUPHF

Rochester pushes the lead to 10 with a big run.  64-54.  Rochester very upset about a foul on Hoener, but DiBartolomeo constantly gets the benefit of the doubt and the foul call.

WUPHF

Having said that, the officiating is good today.  Rochester is the better team today.

hopefan

haven't seen any of the game, but my attitude is win with the 3 pointer when you're on, lose with the 3 pointer when you're off..... don't know if it applies to Wash U's weekend or not.....
The only thing not to be liked in Florida is no D3 hoops!!!

hopefan

Quote from: hopefan on January 13, 2013, 12:56:45 PM
haven't seen any of the game, but my attitude is win with the 3 pointer when you're on, lose with the 3 pointer when you're off..... don't know if it applies to Wash U's weekend or not.....

just checked live stats... it applies
The only thing not to be liked in Florida is no D3 hoops!!!

Ethelred the Unready

Quote from: WUH on January 13, 2013, 12:52:29 PM
Having said that, the officiating is good today.  Rochester is the better team today.
I saw Rochester play at Hamilton earlier this year and was impressed with the number of weapons they have.  And come to think of it, that game was the first time I've seen them play in person since the Rochester/WashU game in 2009 - my sons last game.

Ethelred the Unready

DiBartolomeo had 21 turnovers for the season before today.  He has 7 today.

WUPHF

Washington University mounting a comeback with great outside shooting, but probably too little, too late.  Rochester leads 85-77 with 1:33. DiBartolomeo fouls out.

howardjp

Brandeis up 13 on Case with about ten left, close first half, but Judges broke it open via Kalilou, Retos and Moten. Retos took inside on a couple of plays showing new dimension to his game. Still drilling it from outside. Just fouled taking a 3. Oops.

WUPHF

Rochester wins 93-81.  DiBartolomeo with 29 points, 4 rebounds, 6 assists and credited with 4 steals.  Seidman with 11, Vernon with 16, Sankes with 13 and Reid with 10 and Sheehy with 9. 

Rochester wins the battle of the boards by 1, 32-31.  Both teams shoot an identical 51% from the field, but Rochester shot significantly better from three point range and way better from the charity stripe.  The Yellowjackets with the clear edge on defense as well, though lots of steals and turnovers on both ends.

Klimek with 19, Bischoff, Aboona and Hoener with 11 each, Burt and Palucki with 10 each.

WUPHF

The live stats suggest we have a tight game in NYC.  NYU leads Carnegie Mellon 56-53 with 0:35 seconds in the game.

howardjp

Brandeis wins 77-58, 3-0 in UAA with next two weekends on the road.  Retos, Moten, Kalilou and Bartoldus all in double figures.