MBB: Northwest Conference

Started by The Show, March 06, 2005, 08:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cawcdad

I went over to Santa Cruz yesterday and took in a few games. In the first Lewis & Clarks and Redlands played an evenly matched back and forth game with the Pios forcing the Dogs to foul and hitting their free throws at the end of the game to win 66-62. #11 for the Pios was lights out from 3 point land. Nobody else was able to connect from long range for L&C. Images- http://blog.d3photography.com/2015/11/slideshow-men-s-basketball-redlands-vs-lewis-and-clark-november-21-2015/

In game two, Pacific and UC Santa Cruz, the Boxers used a barrage of three point baskets from a bunch of players to overcome a 7 point halftime deficit to win 69-54. The slugs lost their point guard in the first half to an injured ankle shortly before the half and that affected their play a bunch. Images- http://blog.d3photography.com/2015/11/slideshow-men-s-basketball-uc-santa-cruz-vs-pacific-november-21-2015/

D O.C.

cawcdad

Cal Lutheran and Whitman played a very entertaining game after almost an hour delay when the power went out on the UC Santa Cruz campus. The first half was back and forth with the teams exchanging the lead and tied at the half 30-30. The Missionaries jumped out in the lead in the second half, getting up by as many as 8, but the Kingsmen chipped away to tie the score just before the end of regulation. CLU scored the first points in OT but couldn't hold on. Does Bridgeland always whine and complain about every call that goes against Whitman?
Images of the game at http://blog.d3photography.com/2015/11/slideshow-men-s-basketball-cal-lutheran-vs-whitman-november-28-2015/

blackhawks4

NWC, don't see this Whitman OT win as a sign of weakness; this was actually a very GOOD Cal Lu team.  Great guards, good defense. I reckon to say that Cal Lu is a top 20-25 team nationally.  They should win their terrible little league.

Though Whitman is better than them,  there was one area where Cal Lu was far superior: Spirit fingers. Seriously, if you're playing Cal Lu this year, no need for any cheerleaders. There is so much Ra-Ra from the bench that I thought they were going to break out Pom-poms, or at least do a dance routine during the timeouts. Perhaps instead of carrying on, if they had saved some energy, they may have been able to hang in OT.

Best WMN team I've seen. They really play like a team, and have changed their style a bit this year--playing more like the masses with not quite as much "gambling."

On a separate note, at this point i couldn't be more bored with the WW/WMN schedules. Can they please take a trip to Wisconsin each year?

Both teams win 20+ games this year

D O.C.

Hey! Lookit me!
LINFIELD @Redlands.
First basketball game in 44 years.

cawcdad

Quote from: D O.C. on November 29, 2015, 05:32:10 PM
Hey! Lookit me!
LINFIELD @Redlands.
Go Cats! Go D O.C.!  :D

cawcdad

Quote from: D O.C. on November 29, 2015, 05:32:10 PM
Hey! Lookit me!
LINFIELD @Redlands.
Is that you in a red sweatshirt standing by yourself behind the Linfield bench?

D O.C.

If it said LINFIELD FOOTBALL you know it was!
Yes. Long vacation road trip they ran out of enthusiasm. Evenly matched teams.

Pinecone_Curtain

New poll is out: http://www.d3hoops.com/top25/men/2015-16/week1

Whitworth up to #2, Whitman & PLU both receive votes.

wildcat11

A Buc Forever

Does anyone know why kenny love didn't play the last two games?

PirateDaddy

This is off subject but does anyone know who a person speaks to about problems with this site?

As a long time senior level IT professional, I have to say this site has serious problems.  It has literally taken 5 years for me to even get an account because the account creation logic is so badly flawed it almost invariably throws an error that says something like "Sorry, we are not accepting spam at this time." 

I have spoken with several other people who have had similar experiences in trying to create an account and have just plain given up.  It's pretty safe to assume this frustration has something to do with the lack of activity on this board and the limited number of users posting. 

Today's experience while checking the board from my phone as takes the cake. Here is the message I received:

"Sorry PirateDaddy, you are banned from using this forum! simply(sic) changing your name doesn't make it all better(sic) This ban is not set to expire."

Not only is this message "banning" me bogus and absurd, if any of my staff ever were to program a message as juvenile and insulting as this their job would be in jeopardy.

This lack of professionalism is disappointing to say the least and far below what D3hooops deserves.  Who can I speak to about this?

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Contact Pat... I suspect the automatic filter systems have kicked in based on problems over the course of the years with these boards. There is a track record that certain domains have been the source of plenty of spam for these pages and site. It isn't because of an effort to squash conversation as you will find on many of these boards which are lively, but an effort to keep the boards from being bombarded by spam.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

PirateDaddy

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

By the way, I also don't think it is a lack of professionalism, either... just an effort to keep the boards clean. That last item you got per changing your name does indicate there could be a problem with your domain or IP address per a blocked account from my experience.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.