Liberty League

Started by Pat Cummings, March 01, 2005, 07:38:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caz Bombers

at Ithaca 87, Vassar 68; Riley Thompson 27 points on 5-7 from distance. IC up 22 at halftime and cruised in.

Bard 83, at RIT 58; Armando Dunn 21 and 9 to lead 4 in double figures. The Raptors...might actually be a thing.

RPI 96, at Clarkson 84; balanced scoring and 29-13 FTA disparity lead Engineers.

at Hobart 73, Union 66; Statesmen shake off cold night from three to finally get one over on the Dutchmen.

Skidmore 83, at St. Lawrence 67; Noah Meren 28 points/7 assists, as mentioned above Skid shot the lights out.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

You guys see them more than me - is my memory off or is Noah Meren significantly bigger this year than last?  They have him with the same height/weight numbers as last year, but we all know that means nothing.  It feels like he left campus a skinny freshman PG and returned a full-on power forward, but he's still got the handle.  If it weren't for the hair, I wouldn't have even known he was the same guy.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

Caz Bombers

Bard wins at Ithaca and Vassar wins at Hobart for a pair of surprising road results.

Bard 2-0
Skidmore 2-0
Hobart 1-1
Ithaca 1-1
RPI 1-1
St. Lawrence 1-1
Union 1-1
Vassar 1-1
Clarkson 0-2
RIT 0-2

jmcozenlaw

Who in the hell is this Riley Thompson tearing it up for Ithaca so far? Did he come out of nowhere or was this expected? He doesn't exactly impress physically but his scoring numbers and shooting percentages are insane. Any thoughts by those who have seen him this year or in the past?

Caz Bombers

Quote from: jmcozenlaw on December 03, 2018, 10:22:45 AM
Who in the hell is this Riley Thompson tearing it up for Ithaca so far? Did he come out of nowhere or was this expected? He doesn't exactly impress physically but his scoring numbers and shooting percentages are insane. Any thoughts by those who have seen him this year or in the past?

his numbers aren't far off what he did last year, he was 42 percent from three, dunno if he's gonna keep shooting over 50 percent from distance all year. What do I know, the one game I saw Thompson play in person last year, he missed every shot he took.

Ithaca always has some non-descript guard put up video game numbers on a .500 team. It's the Jim Mullins Way.

Caz Bombers

Ithaca beat Wells, RPI smashed UCLA wow holy sh- (listens to earpiece) I'm sorry, I'm being told it was MCLA

Hobart beat Brockport for I think the LL's first win over the SUNYAC this season, yikes, better late than never I guess

St. Lawrence gets a conference win over Cllllllllllarkson

d3d3d3

Geez. Union just lost to MCLA. That's the same MCLA that RPI hammered by 37 a couple of weeks ago.

d3d3d3

Ithaca really putting it on No. 13 Rochester ... up 18 with nine minutes left.

jmcozenlaw

Quote from: Caz Bombers on December 03, 2018, 09:14:10 PM
Quote from: jmcozenlaw on December 03, 2018, 10:22:45 AM

his numbers aren't far off what he did last year, he was 42 percent from three, dunno if he's gonna keep shooting over 50 percent from distance all year. What do I know, the one game I saw Thompson play in person last year, he missed every shot he took.

Ithaca always has some non-descript guard put up video game numbers on a .500 team. It's the Jim Mullins Way.

I looked at his numbers from last year......................far from "non-descript" as a sophomore....................... they made him a captain, as a junior, this season. He might just make one of the all league teams at this rate.

He also had 17 points (on 7-11 shooting against that very lengthy and supposedly tough Rochester defense) last night as Ithaca crushed the #13 team in the country, 85-70. I was not impressed by Rochester even a little bit. I need to go look at who they've beaten this year to justify the #13 ranking heading into the season.

Ice Bear

Quote from: d3d3d3 on December 10, 2018, 08:52:35 PM
Geez. Union just lost to MCLA. That's the same MCLA that RPI hammered by 37 a couple of weeks ago.

That certainly hurt...
A long time fan of DIII Football!

d3d3d3

The previews are over. The real Liberty League season starts this weekend. Who are the contenders? Pretenders? Here's a snapshot after first semester.

Skidmore 3-0  5-3
Bard        2-0  6-3
SLU         2-1  5-5
RPI          1-1  6-3
Union       1-1  4-3
Ithaca      1-1  5-4
Hobart     1-1  4-5
Vassar     1-2  5-5
RIT          0-2  2-6
Clarkson   0-3  1-9

stlawus

I really do not know how the league will shape out.  Skidmore and Hobart are literally the same teams from last year and they both had really disappointing finishes to their seasons,  and so far have not really impressed.  Bard is playing well but I'm not sure how they will hold up in the league, but I think they will compete for a playoff spot.  Union is always a threat but that atrocious loss to MCLA still has me scratching my head.     As for my alma mater, I really just don't know.   If Naclerio can stay consistent we'll compete for a playoff spot.  We have to shoot better as well.   

Ice Bear

Quote from: stlawus on January 02, 2019, 10:09:25 PM
I really do not know how the league will shape out.  Skidmore and Hobart are literally the same teams from last year and they both had really disappointing finishes to their seasons,  and so far have not really impressed.  Bard is playing well but I'm not sure how they will hold up in the league, but I think they will compete for a playoff spot.  Union is always a threat but that atrocious loss to MCLA still has me scratching my head.     As for my alma mater, I really just don't know.   If Naclerio can stay consistent we'll compete for a playoff spot.  We have to shoot better as well.

You and dlip both...hopefully the Dutch respond and don't let that poor loss define their season. Good for MCLA on that W. Going to be an interesting heart of the season coming up.
A long time fan of DIII Football!

d3d3d3

Friday's scoreboard

SLU 82, Bard 77
Clarkson 82, Vassar 74
Hobart 71, RIT 62
Ithaca 89, Union 74
Skidmore 70, RPI 69 (on a foul shot by Rupkus with zeroes on the clock)

Bartman

Thoroughbreds out of the chute fast, but still anyone's race. Hoping the Statesmen can defend at home against the Bombers today, if not ,the preseason hype as the favorite to win the LL could be just that, hype. Hobart went 3-19 from downtown last night but still beat RIT, they can't do that against the Bombers.
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath