Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:08:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toby Taff

Quote from: crufootball on March 02, 2019, 01:20:42 PM
Quote from: cover2 on March 01, 2019, 05:55:57 PM
Quote from: UMHB03 on March 01, 2019, 05:15:34 PM
To answer my own question....  ;D

https://cruathletics.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=146

Odd that UHMB is playing HSU in Belton, and Sul Ross in Alpine, two years in a row.

Are we sure this is correct?  I thought Albright backed out of their trip down to Belton.

I think that was more of a rumor/speculation, anything is possible but in December they announced a fund raising campaign for the trip so it seems like the game is on.

It is odd about HSU and SRS though. HSU hasn't updated their schedule but SRS has and it confirms that the game is in Alpine again, have to think it was a request of one of the schools or some sort of by product of all the conference changes we have gone through the last few years.
I wonder if it was to split the Abilene games. before McM left, 1 was in abilene 1 in Belton each year.
My wife and I are Alumni of both UMHB and HSU.  You think you are confused, my kids don't know which Purple and Gold team to pull for.

umhb2001

Just checking in. I know there is a lot of talent out there and wins have to be earned, but dang, the recruits UMHB is getting look like they could have played last season. We reload, not rebuild.
Watch out for the wreckingCRU defense!!

MUC57

Quote from: umhb2001 on March 13, 2019, 11:38:12 PM
Just checking in. I know there is a lot of talent out there and wins have to be earned, but dang, the recruits UMHB is getting look like they could have played last season. We reload, not rebuild.

Talk like THAT makes me nervous! 😳
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

DFWCrufan

Loads of new talent coming in (as long as it holds) but there are some standouts, several All conference and state level recruits, and some buzz about Austin Rolan TE/OLB - has chose UMHB over Baylor and Brandon Smith, who is a very explosive in the run phase. And the last of the Miller family, Montana Miller is coming in. So with the existing Cru and the new talent rolling in, yeah I'd say this was an upgrade rather then a build.
Looking forward to the 2019 run
9 Year Member of the CRU-Nation! UMHB National Champions 2016 and 2018

MUC57

[/quote]

NOT looking forward to the 2019 run (I mean, UMHB's, not Mount Union)!  ;D

umhb2001

Quote from: MUC57 on March 14, 2019, 02:53:52 PM

NOT looking forward to the 2019 run (I mean, UMHB's, not Mount Union)!  ;D
[/quote]

I'm sure Mount is doing the same thing. Your string of Stagg Bowl appearances is a testimony to that.

MUC57

umhb2001

OK! How about Go Us? Go Cru and Go Raiders. Number 1 and number 2 in the country, in whatever order you want! Best on the season. See you in Texas? 🍺 ❗️

DFWCrufan

Pete Fredenburg to be named Gridiron Club of Dallas College Coach of the Year -https://twitter.com/crufootball/status/1106268899182608386

umhb2001

Quote from: MUC57 on March 15, 2019, 12:30:36 PM

umhb2001

OK! How about Go Us? Go Cru and Go Raiders. Number 1 and number 2 in the country, in whatever order you want! Best on the season. See you in Texas? 🍺 ❗️

Sounds good. St. John's will be a force. I believe they return a lot, including the grittiest QB I've seen. I think they have the greatest chance to dethrone either of us.

MUC57

Quote from: umhb2001 on March 17, 2019, 05:24:13 PM

umhb2001

Sounds good. St. John's will be a force. I believe they return a lot, including the grittiest QB I've seen. I think they have the greatest chance to dethrone either of us.

I agree on St. John's. And Whitewater came back a bit last year. Of course, St. Thomas is always around. Linfield had an off year but should be back. Johns Hopkins will still be a top team. And you can never count out Wesley. And then there's always...........!
Damn, it seems like a tough road between Game 1 and Game 15! Especially tough between Game 11 and Game 15!
As I stated in my last post, I'll take UMHB and UMU number 1 and number 2 in any order any one wishes. Let's get ready to rumble. OK, still early but Mount starts spring practice tomorrow.
At the risk of being repetitious, Go Raiders and Go Cru. 🏈  ;D

SaintsFAN

Quote from: MUC57 on March 17, 2019, 08:37:41 PM

umhb2001

I agree on St. John's. And Whitewater came back a bit last year. Of course, St. Thomas is always around. Linfield had an off year but should be back. Johns Hopkins will still be a top team. And you can never count out Wesley. And then there's always...........!
Damn, it seems like a tough road between Game 1 and Game 15! Especially tough between Game 11 and Game 15!
As I stated in my last post, I'll take UMHB and UMU number 1 and number 2 in any order any one wishes. Let's get ready to rumble. OK, still early but Mount starts spring practice tomorrow.

Both Linfield and Wesley need MUCH better QB play .... without it, they will repeat 2018's results. 
AMC Champs: 1991-1992-1993-1994-1995
HCAC Champs: 2000, 2001
PAC Champs:  2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
Bridge Bowl Champs:  1990-1991-1992-1993-1994-1995-2002-2003-2006-2008-2009-2010-2011-2012-2013 (SERIES OVER)
Undefeated: 1991, 1995, 2001, 2009, 2010, 2015
Instances where MSJ quit the Bridge Bowl:  2

crufootball

Quote from: SaintsFAN on March 18, 2019, 06:44:34 AM
Quote from: MUC57 on March 17, 2019, 08:37:41 PM

umhb2001

Both Linfield and Wesley need MUCH better QB play .... without it, they will repeat 2018's results.

I am very interested to see what impact the return of Brett Elliott will have at Linfield.

MUC57

SaintsFAN

You're right about Linfield and Wesley needing some improvement at QB. I mention them because they are traditionally good programs. My main point was that there are some really good teams around that could rise up to challenge UMHB and UMU. Is it September yet?  :o

DFWCrufan

The interesting thing I've seen is the recruiting battle between UMHb and HSU. When you check out these kids and their twitter accounts and facebook they all seem to have made the same circuit... it's "had a great visit with HSU" then "Had a  great visit to UMHB" some also to TLU or ETBU as well and then the commit. Point is HSU is working the recruiting deep in central/ South Texas. - Good strategy and I am really surprised not much in North Texas, for crying out loud that is some hallowed football ground and  I am really surprised there is not much pull from there, beside the Miller family. Powerhouse programs rest in the UIL, I would think they'd work heavily there too.
Just thought that was interesting, Coach Fred is dug in deep in the Central Texas pool.

Ralph Turner

Quote from: DFWCrufan on March 19, 2019, 10:03:32 AM
The interesting thing I've seen is the recruiting battle between UMHb and HSU. When you check out these kids and their twitter accounts and facebook they all seem to have made the same circuit... it's "had a great visit with HSU" then "Had a  great visit to UMHB" some also to TLU or ETBU as well and then the commit. Point is HSU is working the recruiting deep in central/ South Texas. - Good strategy and I am really surprised not much in North Texas, for crying out loud that is is some hallowed football ground and  I am really surprised there is not much pull from there, beside the Miller family. Powerhouse programs rest in the UIL, I would think they'd work heavily there too.
Just thought that was interesting, Coach Fred is dug in deep in the Central Texas pool.
Having lived in the DFW area more than 20 years, my thought is that it is a hard sell in those more prestigious high schools to com to a D3. It is almost more "admirable" among the peers to go to a major D-1 as a student/non-athlete.