BB: HCAC: Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference

Started by rwr125, February 29, 2008, 05:21:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KYGrizzly

But you got to admit compared to the last five years of posts you would have to call this year busy.

Congratulations to Franklins freshman pitcher Hayden Cleveland for breaking the schools single game strikeout record by recording 15 K's in nine innings against Mount St. Joseph this past weekend.

His 15 stikeouts broke Franklin College's previous strikeout record of 14 posted by David Verdeyen in 2003 and matched by Andy Clark in 2008.

dc_has_been

Quote from: KYGrizzly on April 24, 2013, 07:50:58 AM
But you got to admit compared to the last five years of posts you would have to call this year busy.

Congratulations to Franklins freshman pitcher Hayden Cleveland for breaking the schools single game strikeout record by recording 15 K's in nine innings against Mount St. Joseph this past weekend.

His 15 stikeouts broke Franklin College's previous strikeout record of 14 posted by David Verdeyen in 2003 and matched by Andy Clark in 2008.

Very busy ;D

15 strikeouts for a freshman!  Wow, that is impressive!
"If you find yourself in a hole, stop digging."
Will Rogers
"If God had wanted man to play soccer, he wouldn't have given us arms."
Mike Ditka

HCACgrad11

A couple of huge series this weekend between Defiance/Rose and Transy/Franklin.  A few splits this weekend could set up an exciting final weekend in the race for the final two tourney spots.

Rose-Hulman has been aided in the last few weekends by the addition of two freshman to the weekend rotation in Karson Nixon and Andrew Stull.  They need to get the bats going if they want to compete with a team like Manchester - the team is only hitting .271 with a team SLG of .334.

dc_has_been

Tough loss to RHIT for DC yesterday.  Was an exciting game though!
Will Rogers
Mike Ditka

KYGrizzly

Franklins tough loss to RHIT yesterday with a score of 6 - 5 may have hurt their chances of making the conference tournament.

With conference playing ending this week it looks like Manchester and Anderson are in. Leaving RHIT, Transy, Defiance and Franklin battling it out for the last two spots with only 1 1/2 games separating the 3rd place to 6th place teams.

It looks like Franklin's only chance to get in would be to sweep Anderson and then would need Defiance to win two of the three games against Transy.

I like RHIT's chances of getting in by finishing conference against Earlham.

Good Luck Grizzlies this weekend.

dc_has_been

Well, Defiance took the two out of three from Transy, but I am hoping you don't take two out of three from Anderson! ;D
Will Rogers
Mike Ditka

HCACgrad11

It's going to come down to the Sunday doubleheader at Earlham (against RHIT) for the final spot in the HCAC tourney with Franklin's impressive sweep of Anderson to lock up a bid.  Earlham pounded RHIT 10-3 today.

Scenarios:

If Earlham sweeps both games:
1 vs 4: Manchester vs. Defiance
2 vs 3: Anderson vs. Franklin

If they split the DH:
1 vs 4: Manchester vs. RHIT
2 vs 3: Anderson vs. Franklin

If RHIT sweeps the doubleheader:
1 vs 4: Manchester vs. Franklin
2 vs 3: Anderson vs. RHIT

Obviously, I'll be pulling for the Engineers tomorrow.  But kudos either way to Defiance this year.  They've been improving each year and took a big step during this one.

dc_has_been

Yes I'd love for Earlham to sweep RHIT, but the odds of that are not very good.  Either way, I agree that Defiance has improved and has done much better than they were predicted to do this year.  I  hope that they can continue to put together more winning seasons.  This is their first winning season season 1999 and their first 20 win season since 1995, so keep it going.

Good luck to Earlham and RHIT tomorrow and hopefully it will be an exciting two games. 
Will Rogers
Mike Ditka

HCACgrad11

The Quakers take the first game of the doubleheader 8-7 in a wild game.  It's now win or go home for RHIT.

dc_has_been

Will Rogers
Mike Ditka

HCACgrad11

Crazy end of the season in the HCAC.  Rose misses the conference tourney for the first time since 2008 after being swept by Earlham.

Congrats to Defiance!  I'll be rooting for them in the tourney!

(Keep in mind that the regular season champs have not won the conference tournament in quite a few years....)

KYGrizzly

WOW!!!

What a conference finish. No way I thought RHIT would get swept. Congrats to both Franklin and Defiance for making the tournament.

It looks like the jinx of the regular season champion not winning the conference tournament may be coming to an end the way Manchester has been playing, but that is why they play the game.

Good Luck Grizzlies and also to Defiance dc_has_been even after this post. (Well, Defiance took the two out of three from Transy, but I am hoping you don't take two out of three from Anderson!) ;D

dc_has_been

Congrats to Defiance for making it to the final four and two tough games.
Will Rogers
Mike Ditka

dc_has_been

Congrats to Manchester winning the Mid-east region! 
Will Rogers
Mike Ditka

KYGrizzly