NESCAC 2015

Started by Giggs, August 30, 2015, 01:13:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amh63

Congrats to Williams for winning the National Title!  Well played and bringing honor to Williams and the Conference.  Good night for the Nescac!

All NESCAC

Quote from: amh63 on December 05, 2015, 08:51:48 PM
Congrats to Williams for winning the National Title!  Well played and bringing honor to Williams and the Conference.  Good night for the Nescac!

Spot on Amh63.  Congratulations Lady Ephraim!

nescac1

Four national titles (soccer, field hockey, women's cross country) and two second place finishes for NESCAC this fall.  That's incredible. 

jumpshot

The Williams College women's soccer National Championship win yesterday is one for the ages!

One of the most unselfish, tough-minded, disciplined group of student athletes ever to compete for Williams College ---led and developed as people by a great coach who has been doing so for a number of seasons.

Way to go, girls!

Ocean 1

No doubt...lot's of firsts.

Back to back Final Four's and first Women's Soccer National Championship at Williams and for NESCAC.

Way to go you EPHS!!!  ;D

Ocean 1

Interesting to also note that of the 5 Seniors leaving, only two were starters, though to be fair, each played an important role that came at opponents in waves.

Would appear the Ephs have plenty of firepower left in the tank.

Ocean 1

Williams Coach Michelyne Pinard...NSCAA D-III National Coach of the Year!!!

Congratulation Coach!!!

Jump4Joy

Yes, an exciting weekend capped the women's and men's NESCAC seasons. Fun to witness it all unfold.
Congrats to Williams and Pinard (did I just say that?!). Go NESCAC!

nescac1

Mention of a Williams recruit, Alison Lu, in this article: http://www.mercurynews.com/peninsula-sports/ci_29353204/girls-soccer-plenty-ncaa-talent-go-around

The Ephs will have a HUGE target on their back after winning the national title, but if anything next year's team is even more loaded thanks to the depth of talent in the rising senior class.  Everyone up front returns to what should be an even more dynamic attack (if the scoring threats stay healthier and the two frosh forwards make the typical sophomore leap), but there are some big shoes to fill in the center of the midfield and defense, so a talented frosh like Lu might have the opportunity to play some early on.  After two straight appearances in the national title game, the Ephs figure to be a strong draw for recruits. 

Purplegatorade

I just saw that the Colby job was reposted.  Anyone have any inside information on what happened with their first search?

remsleep

No inside info....but if I were to guess...they probably thought they had a deal with someone from first search and the chosen candidate got a better offer late...hence backed out....Colby needs someone who will be stable and a program builder....not someone who will leave as soon as the next better job comes open.  My sense is that new AD Tim Wheaton wants to win so that is a good sign.....current women's soccer situation is not good obviously...only won 4 conference games in the past three years or something like that.....what Colby needs to do is make sure that women's soccer gets at least two tips per year for a while and also settles on a vision that they actually want to compete for a NESCAC title...not just beat the mediocre types once in a while.

remsleep

not intending to reply to myself here....but do any of you nescac soccer geeks know what is happening with the current Colby HC search?

1970s NESCAC Player

Quote from: remsleep on February 18, 2016, 12:26:38 AM
not intending to reply to myself here....but do any of you nescac soccer geeks know what is happening with the current Colby HC search?

New Colby WSOC HC, Kristin Shaw, announced today:  http://www.colby.edu/athletics/2016/03/18/shaw-named-head-coach-of-womens-soccer-program/