WBB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by wheatonc, March 03, 2005, 06:18:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoPerry

Final from Van Male at Carroll U

Carroll 75
Millikin 73

Congrats to the Lady Pios who get off the schneid with their first win on a 10 foot jumper by Morgan Lund with 1.2 secs left.  A tight back and forth game all the way where neither team led by more than 3 or 4 pts practically the entire game it seemed.  Carroll's Sara Hartl led the way with 19 pts, 5-8 from three, 4 assts. Brittney Wald chipped in 18 pts, 10 rebs, 6 assts,-- Lund also with 18 including the game winner.

The Big Blue were led by Yanni Sadler and Devin Curry with 15 pts apiece – Curry with 3 clutch free throws with 15 secs left to tie the game.  Lauren Moses and Emily Schultz each had 10 pts with both adding 6 and 11 rebs respectively.

iwu70

IWU over WC 25-22 at the half.  Neither team shooting it well, so a scrappy defensive affair so far.

More to come.

'70

iwu70

IWU over WC at The Shirk, 66-65, in a great DIII women's game.

Amanda Kelly hits the game winning trey with 25 seconds to go, for the win. 

For IWU:

McGraw 23
Merritt again a very strong game, 21
Ehresman 10 rebounds
Amanda Kelley gets the gold ring!

Titans win whilst still shooting it poorly -- 33%, 18% from three, but 80% from the FT line, making 20-25. 

For WC:
Zeller 19
Lawson 13
McDaniels held to 4 pts. and 0-12 shooting from the field.  You won't see that ever again this season. 

Titans win on TO margin, and shooting a high % from the FT line.  Of course, they almost let this one get away, leading by nine with 7 or so to go, WC coming all the back to take the lead in the last 2 minutes.  IWU getting the winner on the trey from the left corner. 

Great game, both teams very deserving.

IWU'70

Titan Q

Quote from: iwu70 on January 07, 2017, 07:49:00 PM
IWU over WC at The Shirk, 66-65, in a great DIII women's game.

Amanda Kelly hits the game winning trey with 25 seconds to go, for the win. 

For IWU:

McGraw 23
Merritt again a very strong game, 21
Ehresman 10 rebounds
Amanda Kelley gets the gold ring!

Titans win whilst still shooting it poorly -- 33%, 18% from three, but 80% from the FT line, making 20-25. 

For WC:
Zeller 19
Lawson 13
McDaniels held to 4 pts. and 0-12 shooting from the field.  You won't see that ever again this season. 

Titans win on TO margin, and shooting a high % from the FT line.  Of course, they almost let this one get away, leading by nine with 7 or so to go, WC coming all the back to take the lead in the last 2 minutes.  IWU getting the winner on the trey from the left corner. 

Great game, both teams very deserving.

IWU'70

Very sad to see Rebekah Ehresman carried off the floor in the 4th Q.  I couldn't tell what happened but looked like a knee.  Hope she is OK, but fear that was a bad one.  Ehresman is the heart and soul of that IWU team and just a tremendous perimeter player.

iwu70

That would be a devastating loss for the Titans.  Hope she's OK. 

IWU'70

lmitzel

NCC edged out North Park 88-87. North Central had that one point lead with 2 seconds to go, but knocked them all out of bounds with 7.8 ticks left, and Jamie Cuny sealed the win with a block after hitting what turned out to be the game winning three with just under 2 minutes left. She finished with 6 points and 5 blocks, Paula Zerante and Natali Dimitrova each scored 14, and Caroline Heimerdinger added 12. Emmy Gryna paced the Vikings with 21, Liz Rehberger was held to a modest (compared to last year) 14, Brie Lippert scored 13, and Gabby Sandoval chipped in 12.
Official D-III Championship BeltTM Cartographer
2022 CCIW Football Pick 'Em Co-Champion
#THREEEEEEEEE

iwu70

Pgraph reports that the injury for Ehresman is an ankle injury.

Let's hope for the best.  Really so hope the Titans don't lose another key player for the rest of the season. 

Rebekah has just been playing so superbly. 

'70

RogK

Yeah, good wishes to Ehresman; playing outstanding and smart ball.
Speaking of injured players, after the game in Naperville, NCC's Mayson Whipple was slowly making her way across the court toward the locker room. North Park head coach Amanda Crockett, who had just endured a tough one-point loss, went out her way to go say a few pleasant things to Mayson. That was a nice example of kindheartedness and very good sportsmanship by Coach Crockett, and was clearly appreciated by Mayson.

RogK

Liz Rehberger wasn't at full strength Saturday. Early in the game, one of her knees was being tended to. Her customary quickness was affected. Not sure if this was a carry-over injury from a prior game? Best wishes to her, of course.
Hey lmitzel, nice to meet you today. Your spellcheck messed up Lippert's name in your recent post. And Gryna would be the best  spelling for Emmy.
IWU, Augie and Wheaton are now tied for 1st at 3-1, followed by Carthage and NCC at 3-2.

Gregory Sager

Tough loss for the Vikings, but I'm proud of the way that they fought to stay alive and take the game down to the wire on a night when Liz Rehberger was both hampered by a sore knee and saddled with foul trouble. As I told Rog afterwards, if they were one rotation-caliber guard deeper they might've won that game; as it is, they just wore down to the point where they couldn't get to any loose balls or long rebounds. They also need to improve their endgame performances, as this is twice now on the road in the CCIW in which they've been unable to manufacture a good shot in a final-possession scenario.

Emmy Gryna really turned a corner tonight. I think that she's going to be a terrific player for the Park.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

Titan Q

Rebekah Ehresman tweeted the following to me last night...

@IWUhoopscom thank you! I'll be fine - just a bad ankle sprain!! Thankful it's nothing worse!

Hoping she's right.  I believe Mia Smith told WJBC Ehresman has X-rays today. 

Ehresman is averaging 13.5 ppg, 6.8 rpg, 3.9 apg and is shooting .447 from 3.  Above all else, she's a great leader and someone who plays with 100% effort every minute she's on the floor.

lmitzel

Quote from: RogK on January 08, 2017, 01:05:46 AM
Hey lmitzel, nice to meet you today. Your spellcheck messed up Lippert's name in your recent post. And Gryna would be the best  spelling for Emmy.
IWU, Augie and Wheaton are now tied for 1st at 3-1, followed by Carthage and NCC at 3-2.

Posting on a phone is hard.  ;) (also, fixed)

Good to meet you (and Greg) last night too! Glad we got a couple of classics in.
Official D-III Championship BeltTM Cartographer
2022 CCIW Football Pick 'Em Co-Champion
#THREEEEEEEEE

RogK

I didn't stay for the men's game, lmitzel. My brain was already full from the women's action and the 121-71 game I attended a few hours earlier at Roosevelt.
Prior to last night, NCC had not allowed more than 6 made threes in a game. North Park made 13. I think NCC decided to prevent layups and North Park moved the ball quite well to find 3FG opportunities, making a good pct, 36.
Michaela Kumer scored the go-ahead basket for Elmhurst as they edged Carthage 59-56. Also for the Bluejays, Mikaela Eppard made 7/13 FG and 8/10 FT for 22 pts and added 13 rebs.
Elmhurst (2-2, 10-3) has now beaten two pretty strong teams (Carthage and Illinois Wesleyan) in conf play.
As GoPerry reported, Carroll won. I doubt if they want my sympathy, but we know it's unpleasant to continuously lose, so I'll say, good for them to finally register a W.

RogK

If a player has a five-letter first name and a last name starting with Ze, she did pretty well this past week.
Ellie Zeller played a total of 37:00, scored 33 very efficiently (.750 eFG% 13.5/18, plus 6/8 FT) and had 3 steals, an assist and 4 rebs. She's back.
Paula Zerante played a total of 33:00, scored 36 efficiently (.560 eFG% 14/25, plus 8/12 FT) and had 5 steals, 8 rebs and 8 assists.
Nice work by both.

GoPerry

Congratulations to the Titans yesterday on a big home win to pull into the 3way tie for first.  Maddie Merritt really had her way in the paint and she, along with Molly McGraw, really carried the team.  The Green didn't shoot particularly well on the stat sheet, but I really thought they came out much more aggressively than Wheaton did and played that way all game.   Hats off to Amanda Kelly on the clutch game winning trey.

Offensively, WC didn't seem to get much offensive rhythm and IWU's defense probably had a lot to do with that.  Katie McDaniels never looked comfortable the whole game.  The Thunder were -6 on turnovers and -4 on the offensive glass resulting in 9 less FGAs.  Ellie Zeller continues to contribute in her 4th game back.

Wheaton finally gets to play at home again having not played at King since Dec 7.  Overall, a 1-1 week on the road vs Augie and IWU is a solid result for now with lots of CCIW ball to be played.