FB: Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OzJohnnie

It is interesting, though, that the Saints are stymied two years in a row in the playoffs. First by the worst blown tackle in history and second by the worst blown call in history.  Their karma register is full. They will win the SuperBowl next year in a Drew Brees retirement game.
[  

BDB

I don't know Oz. I think they are still underwater in the karma department with the whole "bounty gate" nonsense.

OzJohnnie

Quote from: BlueDevil Bob on January 21, 2019, 06:15:13 PM
I don't know Oz. I think they are still underwater in the karma department with the whole "bounty gate" nonsense.

They are who we thought they were.
[  

OzJohnnie

A little off-season Australiana?  Here is the legendary 1988 arrest of a chronic restaurant bill skipper.  Mild (although very funny) content warning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbVJU1CuM0Q

(Not quite as good as the Cash Call but it has it's moments.)
[  

OzJohnnie

@Pat

My sent items folder won't load and displays an error message.  Everything else works but that fails and a message says I should let you know.

"Database error: Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator."

The link is: http://www.d3boards.com/index.php?action=pm;f=sent
[  

OzJohnnie

Ooooh, fireworks.  Saints player files suit demanding the NFL replay the end of LA/NO game.

https://twitter.com/TraversWDSU/status/1087738002607140864

How crazy would that be if a player wins a suit to force review of a bad call in court?  Pretty much the end of pro-sport, no?
[  

repete

BDB

The NFL just can't stop pissing on itself.
Which is nice.  ;D

OzJohnnie

A colleague in Sydney just sent a photo from his home which backs up onto some bush land. He's got a Sydney Funnel Web spider, the world's deadliest arachnid, making a nest in his back yard.  It's been a summer of deadly critters this year.

And I looked up scorpions in Australia because someone mentioned them a few pages ago and I said there weren't any here. Turns out I was wrong. There are some but they aren't dangerous unlike elsewhere, go figure, so no one thinks about them. I've never seen one so I assume they live out in the arid areas.
[  

MiacMan

Oz,

Yikes! That would be enough to get me to move the heck out of there and maybe even back to Stearns County, well maybe I won't go that far.

OzJohnnie

Quote from: MiacMan on January 24, 2019, 05:24:13 PM
Oz,

Yikes! That would be enough to get me to move the heck out of there and maybe even back to Stearns County, well maybe I won't go that far.

Yeah, it's some special species of funnel web that lives only within 50 miles of Sydney.

It's another cooker today expected to hit 111 at 3pm and then the cool change sometime thereafter where it is supposed to drop to 78 and the overnight low will be 66.  The heat is oppressive but I sure do enjoy the cool changes.

(Also, I am aware that it has been well below zero back home, at least up north, but I've got my own problems to deal with.)
[  

BDB

Oz, if I ever make my way down under it will be during the Australian Open. Watching now.

OzJohnnie

Quote from: BlueDevil Bob on January 24, 2019, 08:29:15 PM
Oz, if I ever make my way down under it will be during the Australian Open. Watching now.

I'd be very happy to go with you, BDB.  It's a fun event.  They have not only the tennis but concerts on the lawns as well.  #'s 1 & 2 have gone to those and had day passes checking the outer courts and the whole village vibe.  Mrs Oz was invited via work earlier in the tournament so was sitting the the fancy seats drinking bubbly with her pinky waving in the air.

I have to say it's a good thing they have two retractable roof main courts.  It's a cooker today.  They used to play with the roofs open (old school hockey!)  and only paused when it hit 39 celsius.  Damned hot.  The tennis (not to mention player safety) is much better now.  But they don't stop play until it hits a wet bulb temp of 32 celsius.  Melbourne being so dry, it's possible for it to get extremely hot but still have a low WBGT.  For example, it's low humidity today and the air temp on the Bureau of Meteorology website is 41.5 (107) while the WGBT is only 29.1 (84) in the shade.  Keep sweating and all is good. :)
[  

57Johnnie

Quote from: OzJohnnie on January 24, 2019, 05:34:52 PM
Quote from: MiacMan on January 24, 2019, 05:24:13 PM
Oz,

Yeah, it's some special species of funnel web that lives only within 50 miles of Sydney.

It's another cooker today expected to hit 111 at 3pm and then the cool change sometime thereafter where it is supposed to drop to 78 and the overnight low will be 66.  The heat is oppressive but I sure do enjoy the cool changes.

(Also, I am aware that it has been well below zero back home, at least up north, but I've got my own problems to deal with.)
Oz,
Did you see where the woman in Brisbane got bit by a python while sitting on a toilet. The reporter claimed  that snakes like to take refuge in toilets during hot spells down under.
I might get in trouble if I made further comment. :)
The older the violin - the sweeter the music!

OzJohnnie

Ha!  No I hadn't heard of that.  So I had to google it.  Belly laugh.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/01/25/australian-woman-bitten-snake-toilet-punishing-heatwave-drives/

"When you've got your nickers and long pants around your ankles it's pretty hard to go far, and to be honest it was like running a three-legged race without a friend."

The snake was also left unhappy. "He didn't appreciate that shower under the full moon," Mrs Richards said.
[