FB: Southern Athletic Association

Started by Ron Boerger, October 25, 2011, 02:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kuiper and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Ron Boerger

Great day for the conference, congratulations Berry and Centre!

Kelly Boggs

Congratulations to Berry on the win today. CRU Nation looks forward the Vikings visit to the CRUthedral next week. Early forecast calls for beautiful weather - partly cloudy skies with highs in the 70s.
UMHB alumnus and proud supporter of The CRU. "UP with the PURPLE!" 

"If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas." - Darrell Royal

"Never make excuses. Your friends don't need them and your foes won't believe them." John Wooden

umhb2001

Congratulations, Berry, on the win. CruNation looks forward to hosting you next week. If you have any questions about the area, please let me or Kelly Boggs know. We look forward to hosting a new team. See you next week.
Watch out for the wreckingCRU defense!!

MUC57

Congrats Berry on the win today. You have the big guys next but just play your game. Hey! You won and Centre won. Hurray for your conference. Are we going to have to watch out for the SAA from now on? And congrats to Centre. For your reward you get to come to Alliance to play The Machine. But you're playing well so who knows? See you Saturday! 😃🏈
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

BerryCollegeFan

Two nice wins for the SAA.  An excellent season for the conference. 

Two opportunities to rock the world next Saturday.  The odds are long.  But who would have thought the Citadel would be tied with Alabama at halftime.  So you just never know. 

Go Vikings and Colonels.

umhb2001

Quote from: BerryCollegeFan on November 17, 2018, 06:45:00 PM

Two opportunities to rock the world next Saturday.  The odds are long.  But who would have thought the Citadel would be tied with Alabama at halftime.  So you just never know. 

Go Vikings and Colonels.

How well do the fans from Berry travel?

Ron Boerger

Quote from: umhb2001 on November 17, 2018, 08:43:09 PM

Go Vikings and Colonels.

There were a decent number (200-300) in San Antonio last weekend, some of whom were very vocal  :D.   Of course the cost of a last-second flight is much higher than one they could schedule months in advance ...

I checked to see if they have an alumni chapter in Texas but apparently not (https://www.berry.edu/alumni/groups/)

BerryCollegeFan

Quote from: Ron Boerger on November 18, 2018, 12:34:32 AM
Quote from: umhb2001 on November 17, 2018, 08:43:09 PM

Go Vikings and Colonels.

There were a decent number (200-300) in San Antonio last weekend, some of whom were very vocal  :D.   Of course the cost of a last-second flight is much higher than one they could schedule months in advance ...

I checked to see if they have an alumni chapter in Texas but apparently not (https://www.berry.edu/alumni/groups/)
We learned at that game there are about 60 Alumni living in southern Texas.

umhb2001

That's great. I hope a large number can show up. It makes for a better environment.

raiderpa

Was wondering about the status of the Centre QB.  The news article that I read said he went out and did not return. Mount Union QB  starter was on the sidelines wearing a boot on his ankle and it is believed that he will not be available this week either.  A shame for both squads if the worst occurs and both have to go with backups.  Mount has had three backups transfer to other schools for playing time and all were great when they got chances to play, so they were big losses for the program.
Current backups are untested, one is totally a runner who plays qb and the other is not too bad, but terribly inexperienced. Had great stats last week, but the receivers were the story.  Passes that went 10 yards or less in the air turned into long td passes because of the speed and talent of the receiving corps, which is as good as we have had. The defense is the story for Mount. They have scored as many TD's, 12, as they have given up.  Very fast, very physical, very opportunistic.  Would love to hear from Centre fans on this board or the Ohio Athletic Conference board. Good luck Colonels.

BerryViking92

Great weekend for the SAA, impressive wins by Berry and Centre.  The Berry defense looked really good on Saturday.

Here's hoping for a few healed bodies and a great week of practice.

Ron Boerger

Hey raiderpa, we'd like to hear from Centre fans too.   They have been absent all year.

All-SAA teams are out.   Centre had nine first-team selections, Berry six; no other school had more than two.    CoTY goes to Berry's Kunczewski.  https://www.saa-sports.com/sports/fball/2018-19/files/2018_Football_All-SAA.pdf

BerryCollegeFan

Congratulations to all the SAA honorees, well deserved.

https://www.saa-sports.com/sports/fball/2018-19/files/2018_Football_All-SAA.pdf

2018 SAA Football All-Conference Awards
SAA Offensive Player of the Year - Tanner Young - Centre
SAA Defensive Player of the Year - Bryson Lamboy - Berry
SAA Special Teams Player of the Year - CJ Stone - Berry
SAA Newcomer of the Year - Gentry Neese - Birmingham-Southern
SAA Coach of the Year - Tony Kunczewski - Berry

All-SAA First Team Offense
Name School Position
Tanner Young Centre QB
Colin Burnam Centre RB
Joey Connors Berry RB
Jaylon Hibbs Centre WR
Mason Kinsey Berry WR
Davis Kannapell Centre TE
DJ Coker Rhodes OL
Nick McGee Berry OL
Drew Yeager Centre OL
Joel Holmes Trinity OL
Xavion Gardner Hendrix OL
Ben Logsdon Centre K

First Team Defense
Name School Position
Bryson Lamboy Berry DL
D'On Coofer Rhodes DL
Zach Berger Centre DL
Liam Vincifora Millsaps DL
Andrew Busby Centre LB
Sy Butler BSC LB
Lee Menefee Sewanee LB
Jack Carroll Berry LB
Cal Lewellyn Centre CB
TJ Melontree Austin CB
Kevin Grier Berry S
Nic Hover Trinity S
Garrett Wolf Hendrix P

All-SAA Second Team Offense
Name School Position
P.J. Settles Rhodes QB
Evan McDowell Trinity RB
Kip Vanhoose Hendrix RB
Tommy Lavine Trinity WR
Chris Stewart Trinity WR
Hayden Murphy Berry TE
Austin Lewter BSC OL
James Meckey Centre OL
Jonathan Cox Berry OL
Andrew Murphy Rhodes OL
Brad Long Trinity OL
Trey Gregory Berry K

All-SAA Second Team Defense
Name School Position
Connor John Centre DL
Kale Ridge Trinity DL
Karim Antoine Sewanee DL
Trent Holt Rhodes DL
Chandler Coleman Millsaps LB
Kievan Boudreaux-Bostic Trinity LB
Myles Myers BSC LB
Alex Kirkendoll Berry LB
John Wilson Centre CB
Mark Sommervill II Berry CB
William Phillips Sewanee S
Nate Johnson Centre S
Ryder Andrews BSC P

Ron Boerger

We found a Centre football fan - one who doesn't understand SOS, apparently - on Twitter.  https://twitter.com/martin_r_taylor/status/1064599627041787911

Silence_Is_Golden (‏@martin_r_taylor)

Mt. Union vs Centre will likely be a lot closer than most think.

@martin_r_taylor
Replying to @Michael56533172 @d3football

Mt. Union has a 53rd ranked strength of schedule vs Centre having 7th. However, Mt. Union does put up big numbers & there is no way I would argue against that. I've seen film of both teams. They look almost identical on both sides of the ball. Athletes everywhere & great coaches.

@martin_r_taylor

It's perfectly fine. I hope your wrong concerning the score. Analytically, the final should be within 10 points. The teams numbers are EXTREMELY close across the board. When considering SOS between the two, the game will be close.

raiderpa

Quote from: Ron Boerger on November 19, 2018, 03:56:57 PM
We found a Centre football fan - one who doesn't understand SOS, apparently - on Twitter.  https://twitter.com/martin_r_taylor/status/1064599627041787911

Silence_Is_Golden (‏@martin_r_taylor)

Mt. Union vs Centre will likely be a lot closer than most think.

@martin_r_taylor
Replying to @Michael56533172 @d3football

Mt. Union has a 53rd ranked strength of schedule vs Centre having 7th. However, Mt. Union does put up big numbers & there is no way I would argue against that. I've seen film of both teams. They look almost identical on both sides of the ball. Athletes everywhere & great coaches.

@martin_r_taylor

It's perfectly fine. I hope your wrong concerning the score. Analytically, the final should be within 10 points. The teams numbers are EXTREMELY close across the board. When considering SOS between the two, the game will be close.

These predictions have never proven accurate, however, there is a first time for everything.