D 3 softball

Started by oldNorse, April 10, 2009, 06:34:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

7express

LEC updates:

Keene state cuts the deficit to 3-1 over Plattsburgh state, but they only have 6 more outs to work with, and they've been outscored 18-1 by Cardinals pitchers the last 2 days and 13 innings.  Do they have a run in them??
Tufts adds on a run to their lead over Eastern, now lead 4-0 top 6.  Allyson Fournier has a no hitter going for the Jumbos.  Do the Warriors have a run in them to save their season (this is my championship team on the ropes here)??  After Ratburn pitched the first game today for Eastern, this is the game Tufts has to have.  After facing Eastern off an elimination game and having a 4-0 lead through 5.5 you really don't want to let Eastern back in this game, give them the rest of the day off, and face Ratburn fresh tomorrow.
Plattsburgh adds on 3 in the 6th to go up 6-1 heading to the 7th; Tufts adds 1 in the 6th to go up 5-0 in the bottom half of the 6th.
Not a good day for the LEC.
Haley Chandler strikes out to end the season for the Owls; Plattsburgh is the 2nd team to advance to Salem.
Stephanie Johnson grounds out to SS to end a dissapointing day for the Warriors who just got shut down by Jumbos starter Allyson Fourmier.  Fourmier struck out 8 and allowed only 3 baserunners on the day, none advancing past 2nd base (a single, double and a walk were all the Warriors that got on base).  Too bad for the Warriors because had they made it to Salem I really think they would've won it.  Tufts joins Montclair & Plattsburgh in Salem.

wildcat11

Quote from: playball on April 29, 2012, 10:44:01 PM
Quote from: Phred on April 20, 2012, 06:05:09 PM
Really....is Linfield all that good?

Yes, they are.  Probably one of the most dynamic offenses in the country (obvious statement since they are #3 right now.)

Like Playball said....the result Linfield has put up in recent years makes it hard to believe the question has to be asked.  Yes, they lost 4 of 7 games to PLU, but that's a credit to just how darn good the 'Lutes are this year too. 

ECSUalum

Quote from: 7express on May 13, 2012, 04:14:37 PM
LEC updates:

Keene state cuts the deficit to 3-1 over Plattsburgh state, but they only have 6 more outs to work with, and they've been outscored 18-1 by Cardinals pitchers the last 2 days and 13 innings.  Do they have a run in them??
Tufts adds on a run to their lead over Eastern, now lead 4-0 top 6.  Allyson Fournier has a no hitter going for the Jumbos.  Do the Warriors have a run in them to save their season (this is my championship team on the ropes here)??  After Ratburn pitched the first game today for Eastern, this is the game Tufts has to have.  After facing Eastern off an elimination game and having a 4-0 lead through 5.5 you really don't want to let Eastern back in this game, give them the rest of the day off, and face Ratburn fresh tomorrow.
Plattsburgh adds on 3 in the 6th to go up 6-1 heading to the 7th; Tufts adds 1 in the 6th to go up 5-0 in the bottom half of the 6th.
Not a good day for the LEC.
Haley Chandler strikes out to end the season for the Owls; Plattsburgh is the 2nd team to advance to Salem.
Stephanie Johnson grounds out to SS to end a dissapointing day for the Warriors who just got shut down by Jumbos starter Allyson Fourmier.  Fourmier struck out 8 and allowed only 3 baserunners on the day, none advancing past 2nd base (a single, double and a walk were all the Warriors that got on base).  Too bad for the Warriors because had they made it to Salem I really think they would've won it.  Tufts joins Montclair & Plattsburgh in Salem.

Congratulations to Coach Pepin and the Warriors for another outstanding season.  Feel bad for Molly and the other ECSU Seniors as they  will not see Salem VA this year :(  Molly Rathbun, what a superb young athlete!!!!!!!!!!!

WLCALUM83

5/14 updates:

Alma Regional:  ONU 7, Trine 5   ONU moves on
CNU Regional:  Roanoke 3, CNU 1    Roanoke moves on
Tyler Regional:  PLU 4, Tyler 0       PLU moves on
Pella Regional:  Luther 3, UW-River Falls 2   Luther moves on

Phred

CONGRATS TO  Renae Hartl and the Norse for moving on to the Championship Series for the third time in a row !!!  Tenacity is the word for them and their coaches.  Becca Girvan deserves the regional MVP.
He who laughs last.......thinks slowest

7express

After having Emory, Tyler, Messiah, Newport & Eastern all eliminated, I'd say Linfield and Luther are at the front of the field this weekend in Salem.

fbgcat

Being a Linfield alum, it pains me to say watch out for the Lutes.  The Lutes have handed Linfield 4 or their 5 loses on the season.  The top half of the bracket looks tough with the #3, #4 and #6 teams seeded.  It would be cool to have an All-NWC final.  Go Linfield.

Trincoll14

I was able to attend the Amherst region on saturday and clearly Plattsburgh was the best team in the region. They had the best pitcher and they pounded everyone else's pitching. I also got caught a couple of games at ECSU and that region ended up exactly the way I thought it would with Tufts coming out on top. Fournier is the real deal and everyone else found out this weekend. Four games pitched..0 ER. A huge call in Tufts/USCGA game when the 3rd base umpire called an illegal pitch with runners on second and third with 2 outs in 0-0 game. Mr Tom Boston(the umpire) should be barred from ever working another NCAA game..EVER!!

D O.C.

Whatever.  I want to solute the nolutes. The Northwest Conference shines brtighter with them in the mix. The LINFIELD WILDCATS will handle what they have to when they have to.

7express

NCAA updates, Friday action:

Linfield over Ohio Northern 9-5
Pac Lutheran in 5 over Luther 8-0
Montclair 1-0 over Plattsburgh
Roanoke 1-0 over Tufts

Saturday:
Luther 2-1 over Ohio Northern (ONU eliminated)
Tufts 7-1 over Plattsburgh (Plattsburgh eliminated)
Pac Lutheran over Linfield 5-3
Montclair state beat Roanoke 2-0

Sunday:
Pac Lutheran in 12 over Montclair 2-1 (Pac Lutheran goes onto championship round)
Roanoke 2-0 over Luther (Luther eliminated)
Linfield over Tufts 4-1 (Tufts eliminated)
Linfield leads Roanoke 2-1 top 4 (Loser eliminated, winner faces Montclair in final elimination game Monday).
Linfield eliminates Roanoke with a 6-1 win.

hoopstermom

Congratulations to the Roanoke softball team.  Impressive run down the stretch with only 11 players on their roster (I was counting up to 18! on a few other teams in the final. BTW, what is the limit?).

They swept the ODAC tourney with must wins over Virginia Wesleyan to even make the regional tourney. They they beat #1 Emory and #10 CNU (twice) to make the final Championship round of 8.  Two more top ten wins over Tufts (#8) and Luther (#6) showed that, once again, a little team from Virginia can play with the powerhouses.

Their streak of perfect defense finally collapsed last night against Linfield exposing their playoff inexperience and lack of depth, but they have nothing to be ashamed of. 

Best wishes to the remaining teams.  Personally I hope to see Linfield and PLU in the finals, but really a good game between any of these teams should be fun to watch.

7express

Monday results:

Linfield beats Montclair 2-0 (Montclair eliminated)
Linfield vs. Pac Lutheran for championship; Linfield must beat Pac Lutheran twice to win
Pac Lutheran beats Linfield 3-0.  Pac Lutheran wins championship 3-0

Congrats to Pacific Lutheran on the championship!

D O.C.

C0ongratulations to the Lutinas.
Talk about having LINFIELD's number...

sbparent

I hear that NCAA is looking at going to a super regional format for D3 next year. Anyone else heard this. 

sflzman

Quote from: sbparent on May 27, 2012, 10:43:32 PM
I hear that NCAA is looking at going to a super regional format for D3 next year. Anyone else heard this.

I don't think that will work since they don't have a pool of 64 teams.
Be not afraid of greatness - Shakespeare