FB: Middle Atlantic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:15:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedDragonFan

Well I tried to stike up a conversation with any Albright posters but looks like no takers.  If there are any seeing this and you are heading to Cortland, safe travels and look forward to seeing the two team battle.

kate

Holy smokes, Warren, what in the Harry brought that on?????   Can't you at least be for them in post season play????  And, to think i was bemoaning the fact that our DVC opening tourney isn't at Leb Val.  Hubby & i loved staying at Forty Winks, and we've always enjoyed our ride there (on 501), not to mention really liking your athletic complex!  Bold face, no less - that's painful!

kate

It's O.K., Warren, you're totally forgiven.  You KNOW what a homer i am  ::)  Still say, Mighty MAC!

kate

PS to the above post - especially right before the football post season, and the start of basketball season!!!

maAggie

Congrats Del Val! Quite an impressive second half! Keep it rolling!

Upstate

I'm we get a game half as exciting as the last 5 minutes of the last time SJF went to DVC it's going to be a good one...

Can't wait!!!
The views expressed in the above post do not represent the views of St. John Fisher College, their athletic department, their coaching staff or their players. I am an over zealous antagonist that does not have any current connection to the institution I attended.

kate

Amazing win today, Aggies!  Best luck with Saint John Fisher on next Saturday!

Lyco80

It would appear that Norwich was not as good a team as Lebanon Valley College - given their lack of output against DVC.  The MAC often has better teams who do not win the league than other league champions.  This does not take anything away from the Aggies but it does show the quirky construction of the current pairing system in D-3.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

ATB

kate

Just saw on the Del Val web site that the Aggies will host St. John Fisher at noon on Saturday.  GOOD LUCK!!!

Upstate

Quote from: kate on November 20, 2011, 12:44:01 PM
Just saw on the Del Val web site that the Aggies will host St. John Fisher at noon on Saturday.  GOOD LUCK!!!

How's the field holding up?
The views expressed in the above post do not represent the views of St. John Fisher College, their athletic department, their coaching staff or their players. I am an over zealous antagonist that does not have any current connection to the institution I attended.

Warren Thompson

Quote from: Lyco80 on November 20, 2011, 07:12:21 AM
The MAC often has better teams who do not win the league than other league champions. 

ATB

Yes. Good point. [And the key word is often.]

jmcozenlaw

Upstate - The field is in wonderful shape. The wealthy alum (Robert Lipinski) who donated the cash and manpower did a great job with drainage and keeping a grass field in great condition in the Northeast. The away teams have commented on how much they like the surface........vs. all of the pretty (but much harder) fake fields springing up all over the place.

Should be a great game in bucolic Doylestown next Saturday.

ATB - I'm thinking about getting up as high in the first (and subsequent rounds) as possible at this point for our wounded Birds:)

SUADC

Some years ago, I played against Delaware Valley on that field during wet conditions, however I can not recall any problems slipping. The only thing that was slippery was the quarterback they had a few years ago, great athlete. Overall, the field was never a issue when it was wet, but I still would love to see the game between St. John Fisher and Delware Valley played in great weather conditions on a dry field.

Upstate

Quote from: jmcozenlaw on November 20, 2011, 04:56:51 PM
Upstate - The field is in wonderful shape. The wealthy alum (Robert Lipinski) who donated the cash and manpower did a great job with drainage and keeping a grass field in great condition in the Northeast. The away teams have commented on how much they like the surface........vs. all of the pretty (but much harder) fake fields springing up all over the place.

Should be a great game in bucolic Doylestown next Saturday.

ATB - I'm thinking about getting up as high in the first (and subsequent rounds) as possible at this point for our wounded Birds:)

Great!

Hopefully the game is just as exciting as the last time they met!

kate

This is in response to Warren Thompson's post #5395 @ 4:51 pm, yes Warren what you're referring to has just happened four years in a row!  No more "trash talk" from me, i'll just let the Aggies do the talking on Saturday afternoon.  GO DEL VAL!!!!! PS: sorrry i don't know how to work the quote part of this site.