FB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:04:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bluejay9710

Quote from: Bluejay9710 on December 31, 2019, 10:00:00 PM
Some interesting news that Mike Lafleur an Elmhurst College graduate and brother of the packers head coach is getting an interview for the Cleveland Browns head job. He is currently the passing game coordinator for the 49ers. He was a player while I coached and really was a terrific person and kid. Brilliant mind. Hope he gets it!! Good Luck to him!

shepherd

Quote from: robertgoulet on December 29, 2019, 03:31:02 PM
Quote from: New Tradition on December 29, 2019, 03:18:53 PM
Quote from: BigRedScots on December 29, 2019, 02:30:48 PM
Who is next in line to be QB at NCC? What happened to the QB from ISU last year?

They need a transfer right?
Conor Joyce left. Jake Johnson, high school teammate of Greenfield, will compete for the job. I'll be interesting to see what freshmen or transfers come in and throw their hats in the ring.

Will be interesting. Johnson seemed to be on the same level as a couple of the other freshman (the kid from De La Salle and the kid from Rolling Meadows) but separated himself a bit. Joyce would have been the odds on favorite before the season. Competition is wide open.

BREAKING NEWS!  NCC to get transfer QB. :o
This is huge, colossal, massive news.  A transfer from a far-far off place. What an arm.
What legs? No thats not it. What a Tail. Yep thats it. :P
40 yard dash: 1 min 10 seconds
Can throw a fb: 4 yards
https://i0.wp.com/townofcoma.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/jabba-thumbnail.jpg?resize=200%2C200
;D

AndOne

Quote from: Go Thunder on January 01, 2020, 10:31:41 PM
Quote from: robertgoulet on December 29, 2019, 03:31:02 PM
Quote from: New Tradition on December 29, 2019, 03:18:53 PM
Quote from: BigRedScots on December 29, 2019, 02:30:48 PM
Who is next in line to be QB at NCC? What happened to the QB from ISU last year?

They need a transfer right?
Conor Joyce left. Jake Johnson, high school teammate of Greenfield, will compete for the job. I'll be interesting to see what freshmen or transfers come in and throw their hats in the ring.

Will be interesting. Johnson seemed to be on the same level as a couple of the other freshman (the kid from De La Salle and the kid from Rolling Meadows) but separated himself a bit. Joyce would have been the odds on favorite before the season. Competition is wide open.

BREAKING NEWS!  NCC to get transfer QB. :o
This is huge, colossal, massive news.  A transfer from a far-far off place. What an arm.
What legs? No thats not it. What a Tail. Yep thats it. :P
40 yard dash: 1 min 10 seconds
Can throw a fb: 4 yards
https://i0.wp.com/townofcoma.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/jabba-thumbnail.jpg?resize=200%2C200
;D

Lets see Luke Anthony try to keep up with THAT!  ;D

WUPHF

GoIrish7

Quote from: WUPHF on January 06, 2020, 09:49:49 AM
It looks like Washington University football has a new head coach: https://washubears.com/sports/fball/2019-20/releases/20200106ekuf1a

A+ Hire. His offenses at EMU really allowed them to be competitive with less talent than other schools in the MAC. I think he will have WashU as a top 3 CCIW team for years to come.

New Tradition

I know we don't have many Caroll supporters, but the news of their new head coach is a few days old now, too:

https://cciw.org/news/2020/1/3/carroll-names-mike-budziszewski-head-football-coach.aspx
I am a NATIONAL Champion, and I refuse to lose!

2015 CCIW Pickem Champ
2015 WIAC Playoff Pickem Champ

New Tradition

Quote from: GoIrish7 on January 06, 2020, 11:27:30 AM
It looks like Washington University football has a new head coach: https://washubears.com/sports/fball/2019-20/releases/20200106ekuf1a

A+ Hire. His offenses at EMU really allowed them to be competitive with less talent than other schools in the MAC. I think he will have WashU as a top 3 CCIW team for years to come.

Should be exciting!  A new era of CCIW dominance sounds both tantalizing and attainable.

2015 CCIW Pickem Champ

GoIrish7

Quote from: New Tradition on January 06, 2020, 11:38:09 AM

Should be exciting!  A new era of CCIW dominance sounds both tantalizing and attainable.

By no means does dominance come into play...... When I was at Elmhurst all our coaches talked about early on was getting into the top third of the league. Beating Augustana for the 1st time in 30+ years was the first step. And then it became how could we find a way to upset either NCC/Wheaton/IWU.

NCC/Wheaton/IWU

WashU/Augustana/Carthage

Millikin/Elmhurst/Carroll/NPU

I think WashU could make a run to knock a IWU out of that top 3. NCC/Wheaton arent going anywhere any time soon.

Gregory Sager

Quote from: New Tradition on January 06, 2020, 11:36:53 AM
I know we don't have many Caroll supporters, but the news of their new head coach is a few days old now, too:

https://cciw.org/news/2020/1/3/carroll-names-mike-budziszewski-head-football-coach.aspx

Speaking as a broadcaster, I hope that Carroll is not trying to establish a tradition of hiring football head coaches with difficult-to-pronounce Polish surnames. ;)

He appears to be a good hire, too. The Millikin offense really thrived during his tenure there as OC, and as a Milwaukee-area native who played QB for UW-Oshkosh he knows his new recruiting terrain.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

Mugsy

Not sure of the possibility, but we did highlight how the DC for EMU is former Wheaton College football player - Neal Neathery.   Wouldn't it be crazy if the CCIW poached both coordinators from EMU?
Wheaton Football: CCIW Champs: 1950, 1953-1959, 1995, 2000, 2002-2004, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2019

New Tradition

Quote from: GoIrish7 on January 06, 2020, 12:19:59 PM
Quote from: New Tradition on January 06, 2020, 11:38:09 AM

By no means does dominance come into play...... When I was at Elmhurst all our coaches talked about early on was getting into the top third of the league. Beating Augustana for the 1st time in 30+ years was the first step. And then it became how could we find a way to upset either NCC/Wheaton/IWU.

NCC/Wheaton/IWU

WashU/Augustana/Carthage

Millikin/Elmhurst/Carroll/NPU

I think WashU could make a run to knock a IWU out of that top 3. NCC/Wheaton arent going anywhere any time soon.
Oh, I meant dominance from the league in general against other leagues.  Not Wash U dominance within the league.  And I remember similar steps that we took at North Central when John Thorne took over in order to establish our New Tradition (oooooh...he said it!)  ;) ;D

2015 CCIW Pickem Champ

Gregory Sager

"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

lmitzel

I was waiting for something like this to get announced, but the Stagg Bowl champs will be honored at halftime of the men's basketball game tomorrow night against Illinois Wesleyan at Gregory Arena.
Official D-III Championship BeltTM Cartographer
2022 CCIW Football Pick 'Em Co-Champion
#THREEEEEEEEE

formerd3db

Quote from: Gregory Sager on January 06, 2020, 02:59:18 PM
Quote from: Mugsy on January 06, 2020, 02:12:26 PMWouldn't it be crazy if the CCIW poached both coordinators from EMU?

That would be a big happening.  Yet, where would he possibly go at this time, i.e. aren't all the open HC positions in the CCIW now filled?
"When the Great Scorer comes To mark against your name, He'll write not 'won' or 'lost', But how you played the game." - Grantland Rice