WBB: GSAC

Started by coachwgh, November 09, 2005, 07:30:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lady scots fan

Plemmons can be good I think she just needs a confidence builder or in place of of her put Whitney. The thing with Parton is she is a team player and her and Charise seem to play well together. They aren't selfish and they both look for the open shots. For what it is worth I think that line up makes more sense.Charise may not have the height but she plays like she has. She doesn't seem to be intimidated.

powerhour

this is fun some true feedback how refreshing...whitney is an excellent defender and I understand her attitude is improving, but I am not convinced she can score although she may be the best athlete on the team.  plemons has a ton of potential but it is just that potential she has not been there each night and she turns the ball over way too much...playing colleen and beth together may be a ticket worth punching

lady scots fan

I thought of that combo also but wasn't sure about a second team ball handler.I agree it's about time for some talk on this side. I have felt that the lady scots are overlooked. We haven't had a player of the week in our conference for since the 03-04 season. Charise got it right before the conference tournament. I know we have had some girls that deserved getting it last year: Charise,Uner and Jenny for starters. I still think that the scots have one of the best teams they have had in a while. Instead of one or two scorers you have quite a few and it's hard to know who to defend.

powerhour

You are very wise...Ican tell that you watch the Lady Scots on the regular.   Charise, Uner, Plemons, Munday, Saxe, Dalton all have the ability to score big numbers.   If Coach Bell could get them focused as one unit for the remainder of the season they won't be touched and will sneak up on teams in the post season.  Playing a tough schedule will also pan out for them in the long run.  I heard Bell has a new shooter what is the word on that!  Could that give him a 7th scoring option along with all the other role players.

lady scots fan

Yes I try to be at most games. You are correct about them playing as a unit they tend to be one dimensional. The outside shooters sometimes don't look in and see what is open.We will have wide open people right under the goal and they will jack up a three and miss.Sometimes they are bad about shooting from the outside when we have no one underneath to rebound. We are getting better about rebounding though. Saxe and Bain are both doing a great job pounding the boards. I agree the tough schedule will help them in the long run with the conference kinda weak. Koral is the new one she was 5-6 on Saturday but 1-7 on Sunday.

powerhour

Maryville beat LaGrange by 41
Maryville beat Huntingdon by 42
Huntingdon beat Fisk by 39
LaGrange beat Fisk by 59
Any prediction on how bad Maryville beats Fisk?

lady scots fan

I have a feeling that the starters will not get much playing time Wednesday night. will try to reign in his shooters on this one. He is not one to try to run up the score.I am not sure on a score though I think in the 100's for MC but I don't know about Fisk for some reason teams seem to play way above themselves when they play us.

powerhour

Running the score up is not Bell's style...if I remember correctly his third team played a number of minutes in each game last weekend...the margin of victory will be wide, but it will have a touch of class to it...

scottiedoug

I haven't made it to see the L Scots yet but did listen on the radio Sat. and Sunday.  If I remember, Koral was a pretty bigtime highschool player who signed DI.  Where'd she come from?   

lady scots fan

Koral came from UNC Pembroke. I am not sure about any other details. That just gives us another gun. With so many able to score it will be hard to stop the lady scots.

lady scots fan

okay what will be the score for fisk and the lady scots? What about this weekend with piedmont? 

powerhour

I think Bell will keep the score respectable i(n the 50's), but PC is a different story. The are well coached and have talent at each position.  The Scots are deeper and perhaps will be able to utilize its depth.   On a comment you made earlier about Bain.  One of my favorite Scots of all time in recent history...she is tough, gritty and seems to be extremely coachable.  I don't if you listen to the radio shows, but Coach Bell sings her praises often.  The word is PC's coach is really good looking so I guess Bell finally loses something in the conference already.  Late nite post get some sleep.

scottiedoug

Piedmont must have a new coach if he/she is "good looking!"

lady scots fan

I think the scots will have their hands full with PC they have height and talent. Fisk will play better against us than they do most teams. They always do but it still will be a run away. I also enjoy watching Bain she is all the things you said. I also enjoy watching Uner but sometimes Uner doesn't seem to give it her all. Bain seems to give everything all the time. She may not have a good offensive night but she will make up for it on the defensive side. I also think she has become a more rounded player this year. I also think that Jones has improved a lot also.

lady scots fan

What about the ladies games last night? I knew MC would be in the 100"s and it would have been a lot higher if Bell had not reigned in his players. His third team played most of the second half. I think that Bell should go with a starting line up of Reed,Uner,Parton, Bain and Dalton. His second should be Colleen,Plemmons,Saxe, Munday, and Jones. What's with Munday she lookslike she had rather be anywhere but on the court?