East Region Rankings

Started by bamm, December 12, 2005, 10:48:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shooters

Ok so with NYU's loss today does Hamilton slip into the 3 spot? and if Hamilton wins the conference tournament do they go into the tournament as a 1 or 2 seed. Their schedule is weak due to the pathetic Liberty League this year so I understand if they don't but seriously if they end the season at 23-3 somebody has to take them seriously

bamm

Perhaps as important as NYU losing was Rochester winning.  Now, if they both hold serve, the UAA championship could come down to their last regular season game @ CMU.  Rochester might still find a way into the tournament via Pool A. 

gobombers15

Shooters, Hamilton won't get a #1 or #2 unless Fisher or Cortland lose at some point. That said, if Rochester wins the UAA and Cortland wins the SUNYAC, thus clinching the #1 seed, I think UR will be the #3 so they could matchup with Fisher and Hamilton would be the #4 so they'd play Cortland.

A 2004 graduate of the "almighty legendary" Ithaca College. Goooooo Bombers.

cstate19

Pat:

Will Cortland get an at-large if they do not win the SUNYAC's???? 

Caz Bombers

Quote from: cstate19 on February 18, 2006, 08:34:20 PM
Will Cortland get an at-large if they do not win the SUNYAC's???? 

Yeah, even if the field hadn't expanded this year I'd still have said Fisher and Cortland were locks.  They're in for sure and I bet they each get a home game or two.

thebear

Pat's Picks (& not too far from my thoughts)

QuoteEAST
1. St. John Fisher
2. Cortland State
3. Baldwin-Wallace
4. Trinity (Conn.)
5. Hamilton
6. Norwich
7. Plattsburgh State
8. Endicott

This scenario would suggest a regional at Fisher with Endicott (8) and Hamilton(5)/Trinity(7) and a

Regional at Cortland with Plattsburgh(7) and Norwich(6)/BW(3)

Past history would work against pairing conference rivals in the first round.  I could see a flip flop between Plattsburgh and Norwich.

The last time that SUNYAC had split champions, the upset tourney champ (Potsdam) got sent out of region, and the Reg Season Champ (Brockport) got to host, but it was a team from another conference.

Hopefully with Rochester out of the tournament, Fisher might seek out a decent gym (RIT or the Palestra) to host this.
"Just the Facts, Ma'am, Just the Facts"
- Sgt. Joe Friday

superman57

Fisher might do that for the sweet 16 in order to gaurentee it being in rochester, but the small gym works to Fisher's favor in anygame
Quote from: Tags on October 10, 2007, 10:59:38 PM
You're the only dood on the board that doesn't know & accept that '57 can't spell.

Poor grammar and horrible spelling... it's just how he rolls.

gobombers15

ECAC's are out. Here are the 1st round matchups:

Wednesday

#8 RIT @ #1 Oswego
#7 Ithaca  @ #2 Union
#6 Brockport @ #3 SUNYIT
#5 Keuka @ #4 Potsdam

Semi-finals will be held Friday night.
A 2004 graduate of the "almighty legendary" Ithaca College. Goooooo Bombers.

Knightstalker

"In the end we will survive rather than perish not because we accumulate comfort and luxury but because we accumulate wisdom"  Colonel Jack Jacobs US Army (Ret).

FisherDynasty

Predictions for the Upcoming Year:  NYU, UofR, Fisher, Hamilton, and whatever Suny team gets the best transfers (surpriser team of the year in the SUNYAC is Geneseo)

met_fan

Just to spark something, off the top of my head without looking at records or any criteria, my top five would be (in order) NYU, Rochester, and then any combination of Hamilton, Fisher, Brockport, Geneseo, Utica, and St. Lawrence.  There don't appear to be any East teams ready to seriously contend past the sweet 16 this year so far.  Thoughts?

b4the3isme

Humor me and throw in Clarkson who has wins against Hamilton & Utica however tainted they may be (ie: Utica without Ray Bryant and Hamilton probably a little flat and looking towards SLU). Without question in my mind the team to beat in the east is Brockport. Tomorrows game between SLU and Clarkson will probably help determine if I should be humored or not!?

bamm

Quote from: b4the3isme on January 15, 2007, 01:18:06 PM
Without question in my mind the team to beat in the east is Brockport.

Well, apparently Geneseo and Fisher considered them the team to beat, as well.  Brockport has lost two in a row and doesn't look like the class of the East like they did a week ago.

b4the3isme

Bamm  u r most certainly correct.  I didn't look at the Chase results b4 I posted to get toasted!!!  I am in shock that b-port lost twice, especially after the thrashings they gave to Hamilton & SLU?!

FisherDynasty

NYU
UofR
Fisher
Utica
Geneseo
Bport
Hamilton

Utica TBD with Ray Bryant we'll find out when they play Fisher.  UofR did beat NYU but it was an OT home win, they will lose at NYU.