2) NYU
3)Fisher
4)Brockport
5)St. Lawrence
6)Hamilton
7)Utica
8)Clarkson

That is how I see it.

Well, Clarkson beat Hamilton this weekend, then lost to Hobart. St. Lawrence, meanwhile, beat Hobart, then lost to Hamilton.

Not sure if you were aware of that, but from discussion of LL topics, it seems the rankings may be Clarkson, Hamilton, St. Lawrence.

rjcarter8

Quote from: rjcarter8 on January 16, 2007, 10:54:41 AM
Quote from: sjfcards on January 15, 2007, 04:23:23 PM
So far this year I think the rankings should look like this:

1) U of R
2) NYU
3)Fisher
4)Brockport
5)St. Lawrence
6)Hamilton
7)Utica
8)Clarkson

That is how I see it.

Well, Clarkson beat Hamilton this weekend, then lost to Hobart. St. Lawrence, meanwhile, beat Hobart, then lost to Hamilton.

Not sure if you were aware of that, but from discussion of LL topics, it seems the rankings may be Clarkson, Hamilton, St. Lawrence.

I just want to make it clear I don't think those should be the top three teams, just the order for any LL teams.

I don't disagree with the top four, but I'd elevate Utica to No. 5, followed by Clarkson, Hamilton and St. Lawrence.

b4the3isme

What is up with b-port they seem to be in a free fall- having lost to Oswego for their third loss in a row??   That being said St Law beat Clarkson who has victories or Hamilton and Utica.  After the top 3 of NYU, Roch & Fisher it looks wide open.  I guess too we should probaly throw Geneseo into the mix now too.  Losses are to pretty tough teams (Roch & Fisher - by 1 point) and second day of that long Potsadam/Plattsburg trip and Lake Erie which I know nothing about and they have a win over b-port now.

FisherDynasty

I would definatly throw geneseo in the mix they are very solid.

thebear

SLU is a good team, deep and talented.  I saw them at Clarkson last night, and they were impressive.  They have size, length, quickness, good shooters, wide bodies, and people who can finish.  They will be very tough at home.

Clarkson is also a good team, but suffered a tough loss when one of their two senior guards went down, and appears to be lost for a while.  He was on the bench in civvies.  Again, they will be tough at home, but are now a step below the Saints. I think that they beat Utica sans Ray Bryant, which is an entirely different team. Beating Hamilton was a grudge thing, since TA recruited many of the seniors on this team, then bailed a year later, and took a couple of prize players with him. 

The SUNYAC is wide open, anyone could beat anyone.  If you look at the scores, there are very few blow outs, most games are decided by single digits - 3 to 4 possessions.  That said, the conference lost a boat load of talent (Bellucci, Barton, Ranieri, Skrelja, Taggart, Mims, Gibbs-Smith . . .)in last year's senior class, and seems to be down a little this year.

We shall see

"Just the Facts, Ma'am, Just the Facts"
- Sgt. Joe Friday

sjfcards

Quote from: rjcarter8 on January 16, 2007, 11:03:58 AM

1) U of R
2) NYU
3)Fisher
4)Brockport
5)St. Lawrence
6)Hamilton
7)Utica
8)Clarkson

That is how I see it.

I just want to make it clear I don't think those should be the top three teams, just the order for any LL teams.

I don't disagree with the top four, but I'd elevate Utica to No. 5, followed by Clarkson, Hamilton and St. Lawrence.

Like I said that is how I see it...I am sure any three people would look at the LL teams and shake up the teams as to how they would see it. It is possible you could see three different orders of the teams from three seperate people. I think the LL may be the most balanced at the top of the league of any of the three major leagues in NY. I think that league could go any number of ways for that league. I think Hamilton will survive and win the league but that is an uneducated guess.
GO FISHER!!!

Hoaf

Shouldn't Vassar be on the this list?

They are looking like the best team in the Liberty League right now with a record of (11-4) and a conference record of (4-1). Also, 3 of their four losses were to teams with more than 10 wins right now and one of them only has one loss. One!
Hoaf

rjcarter8

Quote from: rjcarter8 on January 16, 2007, 11:03:58 AM

1) U of R
2) NYU
3)Fisher
4)Brockport
5)St. Lawrence
6)Hamilton
7)Utica
8)Clarkson

That is how I see it.

I guess Clarkson has decided that a win over Hamilton is enough for its LL season, they are now 1-4 in the league. This team belongs nowhere near a top teams list for the East Region.

Hoaf

Who cares about Clarkson. They are a two man team. EJ Harrison and Youngmann are all they have. If those two are on. They are a hard team to beat. If not, they don't do much with the ball besides playing some decent defense.

.... Hopefully, this won't bite me in the butt when they come around again.
Hoaf

FisherDynasty

Sorry to say it but I dont think anyone in the East Region besides the to UAA teams (NYU & UofR) can make it past the 2nd round in the NCAA tourny this year.

slickyquick

Didn't Brockport beat Fisher, how can you rank them ahead of them? That will change now that Fisher lost to Alfred.

FisherDynasty

Top teams in the East Region in my opinion:

1) UofR
2) Bport
3) Plattsburgh
4) Fisher
5) Nazareth
6) St. Lawrence
7) NYU
8) Stevens
9) Vassar
10) Hamilton

Cards7580

1) UofR - don't know.
2) Plattsburgh < baring injury with 12 returners which 2 are pre season All Americans
                          it is difficult to rate them lower, because they beat both
                          U of R and Brockport (at their gym) last season in BIG games on the road.
                          Every season is a new adventure, and repeating as SUNYAC champs for the
                          third time will not be easy.  I believe this group is ready to make the impossible
                          become reality.  They had their taste last March and were ready for this season
                          getting on the bus for that looooong trip back to campus. 

3) Bport - or lower
4) Fisher

Jacketfan2011

Props to Plattsburg for their year last year, but they probably should not count on too many wins like the one against UR in the NCAA's.  That was the most improbable shot I have ever witnessed in person.