BB: MACF: MAC-Freedom

Started by Ralph Turner, June 27, 2008, 12:51:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heat23

Desales pounds Misericordia while eastern upsets FDU.  Eastern and Manhattanville are really battling it out for that 4th playoff spot. With King's right in the top and a series with FDU still to play don't count them out for a 1 or 2 seed.

lordcharles

Freshman Drinks pitches another fine game today for Desales and is now 6-0

Heat23

That kid is good. You see him get on the mound and don't think anything special is going to come out until he starts. He will be one of the better pitchers in the country if he stays on pace that he is now.

Heat23

I have now seen all of the teams in the Freedom play twice. Desales should do very well in the tournament. FDU will let things go to their head with all of the horsecrap yelling that they do. Like any other year they will win a a game but don't expect much more than that. King's has a decent program that is either on or off. When they don't make errors they win games when they make errors they make a lot of them: 7 in one game against desales, 4 in 1 game against misericordia, 3 in one game against fdu, but I can see championship sunday being between Desales and King's with Desales coming out on top 8-3

lordcharles

As i dont see any live updates for the FDU-DeSales game today,if anyone will be attending I would be grateful for any game score updates!  Thanks!

lordcharles

Congrats to the DeSales Bulldogs on their Freedom Regular Season Championship.  For a team that wasn't even mentioned in the Mid Atlantic Freedom Conference Preview, they did pretty well!

Two exciting wins yesterday against FDU !

Heat23

LordCharles..Is anyone going to give your Bulldog boys any competition this year :D....Did they bring in any transfers or quality young guys that you know? I see King's made a ton of errors in their first game but thats expected early on. Is this the year Eastern breaks into the conference playoffs and makes some noise? Guess we shall see!

lordcharles

Quote from: Heat23 on February 25, 2011, 10:35:39 AM
LordCharles..Is anyone going to give your Bulldog boys any competition this year :D....Did they bring in any transfers or quality young guys that you know? I see King's made a ton of errors in their first game but thats expected early on. Is this the year Eastern breaks into the conference playoffs and makes some noise? Guess we shall see!

i havent gotten a chance to see any practices but I do know they are pretty much intact from last year.  And last year they had several freshman who now have had a year of college baseball and college workouts.  They will have a real test out of the gate playing Kean next week and then down to Texas to play Trinity and a few other Tx squads.  Trinity will have about 15 games under their belt while these guys are outside for the first full week of games!   Trinity has a video feed so although I cant go to San Antonio this year I will watch that on video as well as the game this week with Kean which should have a video feed.   Just happy to watch the snow melt and get started! Good luck to the Dogs and everyone else out here this season! Play Ball!

Ralph Turner

Welcome back to the boards since the long off-season!

We are finally getting some spring weather here in Texas.  It hit 81 in Dallas today, and the wind was blowing straight in from right field at UTD.

lordcharles

MAC Pre-season poll has good things to say about Desales! Hope they are on the mark with the predictions!

http://gomacsports.com/news/2011/2/28/BSB_0228113016.aspx

lordcharles

Desales Bulldogs win opener in Texas vrs. TCU 5-2!!!   David Drinks pitches a complete game for the win.

Good start to the week of games in San Antonio!

Ralph Turner

Quote from: lordcharles on March 06, 2011, 11:34:34 PM
Desales Bulldogs win opener in Texas vrs. TCU 5-2!!!   David Drinks pitches a complete game for the win.

Good start to the week of games in San Antonio!
That is a split with Texas Lutheran, not Texas Christian.

Ralph Turner

Misericorida vs FDU-Florham in Game #6.  If Misericordia wins there will be a Game #7.

lordcharles

On the D3 MAC Freedom standings, they list Arcadia as being in that division which i believe is in error .
Thanks

uabaseball9

Hi everyone out there!
Any people from MAC Freedom  - Mid Atlantic Conference?
New to this and new to D3- Baseball and new to East Coast Baseball :-)