FB: Massachusetts State College Athletic Conference

Started by joecct, February 09, 2012, 01:50:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattvsmith

I think West Conn's solution is obvious. They need a dood with blazing speed.
Or maybe an incoming freshman who is HUGE.

AUPepBand

Quote from: Rt Rev J.H. Hobart on June 10, 2013, 07:19:09 PM
I think West Conn's solution is obvious. They need a dood with blazing speed.
Or maybe an incoming freshman who is HUGE.

+K for the blazing speed...and HUGE!
On Saxon Warriors! On to Victory!
...Fight, fight for Alfred, A-L-F, R-E-D!

D3MAFAN

Anyone think that the MASCAC can get a playoff win in their first year of inception or atleast make some noise with their OOC schedule games?

AUKaz00

Quote from: D3MAFAN on June 21, 2013, 10:34:00 AM
Anyone think that the MASCAC can get a playoff win in their first year of inception or atleast make some noise with their OOC schedule games?

I think the former is more likely than the latter, but there really isn't much OOC outside of the other New England conferences.  Bridgewater could beat Willy P and Worcester State may hang with WPI, but neither opponent is a typically strong team.  Framingham at least scheduled a game at Rowan, so a quality result in Glassboro seems about the only thing that will raise expectations for the MASCAC this year.

Now, if someone like Husson makes the dance and ends up playing the MASCAC champ due to travel restrictions, then chances of winning a playoff game increase dramatically.
Check out the official card game of the AU Pep Band - Str8 Eight!

Pat Coleman

I'd be surprised if the MASCAC even got a playoff team this year, actually.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

D3MAFAN

Quote from: Pat Coleman on June 21, 2013, 09:50:42 PM

With that being said, when would the MASCAC have an automatic qualifier?

AUKaz00

Quote from: D3MAFAN on June 24, 2013, 09:11:29 AM

I think there's a 2 year wait, so it would be for 2015 season.

I could see a MASCAC team finishing with 1 loss and getting a Pool C (or a Pool B if the threshold for 2 Bs is met).
Check out the official card game of the AU Pep Band - Str8 Eight!

AUPepBand

Quote from: AUKaz00 on June 24, 2013, 10:15:47 AM
Quote from: D3MAFAN on June 24, 2013, 09:11:29 AM

I think there's a 2 year wait, so it would be for 2015 season.

I could see a MASCAC team finishing with 1 loss and getting a Pool C (or a Pool B if the threshold for 2 Bs is met).

Leave it to the Kaz00 to beat Pep to the answer.....he took the kazoo right out of Pep's mouth! Two-year wait period, so it does appear the MASCAC will get the AQ in 2015.

Get the fight song ready!

ECoastFootball

Quote from: AUKaz00 on June 21, 2013, 01:43:49 PM
I think the former is more likely than the latter, but there really isn't much OOC outside of the other New England conferences.  Bridgewater could beat Willy P and Worcester State may hang with WPI, but neither opponent is a typically strong team.  Framingham at least scheduled a game at Rowan, so a quality result in Glassboro seems about the only thing that will raise expectations for the MASCAC this year.

Now, if someone like Husson makes the dance and ends up playing the MASCAC champ due to travel restrictions, then chances of winning a playoff game increase dramatically.

Obviously not the quality of Rowan, but Framingham has also scheduled Endicott out of league, a pretty strong team the last 5 years. Also, Bridgewater has to play, probably the best team in the nation, Salve. Not a team I can remember Bridgewater playing anytime in recent history, so that is a HUGE OOC game.

D3MAFAN

Quote from: ECoastFootball on June 26, 2013, 09:11:49 AM

Obviously not the quality of Rowan, but Framingham has also scheduled Endicott out of league, a pretty strong team the last 5 years. Also, Bridgewater has to play, probably the best team in the nation, Salve. Not a team I can remember Bridgewater playing anytime in recent history, so that is a HUGE OOC game.

I think the MASCAC has done a good job with what they can, granted this year they aren't playing anybody from the E8, LL or MAC (contract with NJAC), but they have games against the other eastern conferences. Maybe if some of the ECFC games were substituted for E8 or LL games...idk feel free to comment and edit.

E 8 OOC opponents : Lewis & Clark, Cortland St., Husson, Moravian, Otterbein, CNU, Geneva, Waynesburg, W&J, Wesley, Brockport St., RPI, Morrisville, Union, UW-Whitewater, NCWC, Case, Montclair State, Becker, and Hobart

NJAC OOC opponents: Buffalo State, Wilkes, Lycoming, Delaware Valley, Kings, Lebanon Valley, Albright, FDU-Florham, Nichols, Salve Regina, Bridgewater State, UMHB, Framingham State, Hartwick, Plymouth State, St. Lawrence, Alfred, Endicott, SVU, SUNY-Maritime, SJF, Massachusetts Maritime, Wesley, Fitchburg State, Worcester State, Mass-Dartmouth, Ithaca, and Westfield State

LL OOC opponents: Curry, Norwich, Coast Guard, Dickinson, Western New England, Susquehanna, Worcester State, Husson, Alfred, Norwich, Thiel, Coast Guard, Castleton State, Gallaudet, Mount Ida, Morrisville State, Ithaca, SUNY-Maritime, and  Utica

ECFC OOC opponents: Fitchburg State, Mass-Dartmouth, RPI, Hartwick, Worcester State, Plymouth State, Shenandoah, Massachusetts Maritime, MIT, Maine Maritime, Springfield, Endicott, Apprentice School, Plymouth State, St. Lawrence, Alfred State, RPI, Rochester, Merchant Marine, WPI, Hartwick, Catholic, and William Patterson

MAC OOC opponents: Wesley, NCWC, Morrisville State, Brockport St., William Patterson, Gettysburg, Rowan, Montclair State, Kean , and TCNJ

NEFC OOC opponents: WPI, Westfield State, St. Lawrence, Bridgewater State, Springfield, Framingham State, Pomona-Pitzer, Western Connecticut, Becker, Anna Maria, Montclair State, Castleton State, Fitchburg State, Merchant Marine, Massachusetts Maritime, Hampden Sydney, Kean,  and Union

NESCAC: None ???

bman

Quote from: D3MAFAN on June 26, 2013, 11:29:36 AM
Quote from: ECoastFootball on June 26, 2013, 09:11:49 AM

I think the MASCAC has done a good job with what they can, granted this year they aren't playing anybody from the E8, LL or MAC (contract with NJAC), but they have games against the other eastern conferences. Maybe if some of the ECFC games were substituted for E8 or LL games...idk feel free to comment and edit.

E 8 OOC opponents : Lewis & Clark, Cortland St., Husson, Moravian, Otterbein, CNU, Geneva, Waynesburg, W&J, Wesley, Brockport St., RPI, Morrisville, Union, UW-Whitewater, NCWC, Case, Montclair State, Becker, and Hobart

NJAC OOC opponents: Buffalo State, Wilkes, Lycoming, Delaware Valley, Kings, Lebanon Valley, Albright, FDU-Florham, Nichols, Salve Regina, Bridgewater State, UMHB, Framingham State, Hartwick, Plymouth State, St. Lawrence, Alfred, Endicott, SVU, SUNY-Maritime, SJF, Massachusetts Maritime, Wesley, Fitchburg State, Worcester State, Mass-Dartmouth, Ithaca, and Westfield State

LL OOC opponents: Curry, Norwich, Coast Guard, Dickinson, Western New England, Susquehanna, Worcester State, Husson, Alfred, Norwich, Thiel, Coast Guard, Castleton State, Gallaudet, Mount Ida, Morrisville State, Ithaca, SUNY-Maritime, and  Utica

ECFC OOC opponents: Fitchburg State, Mass-Dartmouth, RPI, Hartwick, Worcester State, Plymouth State, Shenandoah, Massachusetts Maritime, MIT, Maine Maritime, Springfield, Endicott, Apprentice School, Plymouth State, St. Lawrence, Alfred State, RPI, Rochester, Merchant Marine, WPI, Hartwick, Catholic, and William Patterson

MAC OOC opponents: Wesley, NCWC, Morrisville State, Brockport St., William Patterson, Gettysburg, Rowan, Montclair State, Kean , and TCNJ

NEFC OOC opponents: WPI, Westfield State, St. Lawrence, Bridgewater State, Springfield, Framingham State, Pomona-Pitzer, Western Connecticut, Becker, Anna Maria, Montclair State, Castleton State, Fitchburg State, Merchant Marine, Massachusetts Maritime, Hampden Sydney, Kean,  and Union

NESCAC: None ???

Have to admit and I am not overly impressed with the LL OOC schedule..

+K for a nice analysis!

dlippiel

LL OOC schedule is poorous at best...

pumkinattack

It's been that way for a while. 

Hobart is now finally making a 10th game more permanent for the first time in 15 odd years (couple of times they've done it by accident in the last decade) and they're probably not dropping Dickinson, who went from a regular 30-75th type team (competitive, regularly winning the CC) to being middle of the pack in that conference.  They've mixed it up in the past with some decent teams like AU, CMU & SJF, but with only still carrying 9 games and hanging onto the opening game with Dickinson, which has happened for 25 or 30yrs running, that's only leaving them one other game - currently UC. 

RPI - OOC = Garbage, it's science. 

Union - Consistently plays IC, but that's worth less these days and Springfield is now in conference. 

UofR used to play a brutal OOC, but I think they're lightening that up these days. 

I don't thin SLU, MMA or WPI have ever really played many OOC games outside of New England.  Springfield appears to also keep many of their games close to home. 

dlippiel

Dlip would love to see an LL vs. E8 challenge each year. Better yet an LL vs. ODAC (input any other out of region conference) take place. Dlip knows there are/would be financial challenges, prior commitments regarding scheduling, etc. However unrealistic these thoughts are dlip would love to see more games pitting regions against each other. With Buff St and UDub doing it and SJF and UMU having done it dlip has an tiny bit of hope that someday we'll see more of this.

AUPepBand

Quote from: pumkinattack on June 26, 2013, 07:32:51 PM
It's been that way for a while. 

Hobart is now finally making a 10th game more permanent for the first time in 15 odd years (couple of times they've done it by accident in the last decade) and they're probably not dropping Dickinson, who went from a regular 30-75th type team (competitive, regularly winning the CC) to being middle of the pack in that conference.  They've mixed it up in the past with some decent teams like AU, CMU & SJF, but with only still carrying 9 games and hanging onto the opening game with Dickinson, which has happened for 25 or 30yrs running, that's only leaving them one other game - currently UC. 

RPI - OOC = Garbage, it's science. 

Union - Consistently plays IC, but that's worth less these days and Springfield is now in conference. 

UofR used to play a brutal OOC, but I think they're lightening that up these days. 

I don't thin SLU, MMA or WPI have ever really played many OOC games outside of New England.  Springfield appears to also keep many of their games close to home.

Pep has it from a reliable source that the Yellowjackets have scheduled Alfred State for 2014. Pep was sorry when the interesting AU-UR series was not renewed last year. Had some great games with UR. And while Alfred is "on the outside looking in" at the ROC regarding media coverage, whenever the Saxons play in the Rochester area, they get a hefty following, as AU gets a lot of its students from the Rochester area schools.

On Saxon Warriors!