FB: Empire 8

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 04:58:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Upstate

Quote from: ITH radio on April 25, 2018, 09:13:28 AM
Quote from: bports on April 25, 2018, 06:45:31 AM
Brockport has inked another flat out stud for the secondary. Cedric Campbell out if Georgia who played at Birmingham southern will grad transfer for a year at the Port. Paired up with Jake O'Connell I can't imagine a better pair of safeties in the country. Defense is shaping up to be pretty sick!!

His stats say he's a good, but probably not great, player. Certainly earning 2nd team all conf bears mentioning but he may not be All-American caliber like O'Connell. Time will tell.

http://www.bscsports.net/sports/fball/2017-18/bios/campbell_cedric_u1zc

Not sure where the "stud" part came from...

Maybe bports thought Birmingham Southern was a higher level of football like a FCS or D-II school?
The views expressed in the above post do not represent the views of St. John Fisher College, their athletic department, their coaching staff or their players. I am an over zealous antagonist that does not have any current connection to the institution I attended.

jmcozenlaw

Quote from: Upstate on May 05, 2018, 10:12:57 AM
Quote from: ITH radio on April 25, 2018, 09:13:28 AM
Quote from: bports on April 25, 2018, 06:45:31 AM
Brockport has inked another flat out stud for the secondary. Cedric Campbell out if Georgia who played at Birmingham southern will grad transfer for a year at the Port. Paired up with Jake O'Connell I can't imagine a better pair of safeties in the country. Defense is shaping up to be pretty sick!!

His stats say he's a good, but probably not great, player. Certainly earning 2nd team all conf bears mentioning but he may not be All-American caliber like O'Connell. Time will tell.

http://www.bscsports.net/sports/fball/2017-18/bios/campbell_cedric_u1zc

Not sure where the "stud" part came from...

Maybe bports thought Birmingham Southern was a higher level of football like a FCS or D-II school?

They've got several incoming transfers from "higher levels of football" coming in for next season.....................this guy doesn't happen to be one of them. ;)

AUPepBand

AU played a Quebec Junior League All-Star team in Montreal and came away with a 19-6 win Saterday night. Saxons had a couple days to tour Montreal on the excursion. As for now, it's back home for these Saxons....hit the gym and be ready for camp in August! Will be here before you know it.

On Saxon Warriors!
On Saxon Warriors! On to Victory!
...Fight, fight for Alfred, A-L-F, R-E-D!

AUPepBand

My heart is heavy. We just lost a great one. RIP #32 All-American Saxon LB Nick Clark. Shot and killed while responding, as a NYS Trooper, to a domestic incident involving a suicidal person near Corning. Nick was a 2010 D3football.com All-American All-Purpose Player.

https://gosaxons.com/news/2018/7/2/alfred-university-mourns-loss-of-alumnus-and-former-football-player-nick-clark-11.aspx

A finer young man you would be hard pressed to find.

On Saxon Warriors! On to Victory!
...Fight, fight for Alfred, A-L-F, R-E-D!

D3viewer

Wow. Pep I was literally logging on this board to ask you if this was the same Nick Clark. I remembered a Nick Clark  at Canisteo HS and then at Alfred. This trooper was a southern tier boy. The articles mentioned he had an NFL tryout. I started to think if this was the same person. RIP. Truly sad to show up to work and meaning to help someone then meet such a terrible fate. These domestic calls are often the most dangerous parts of an officer's job.

saxontad

My heart is broken over this.  Saxon Nation is in mourning!!

Bartman

Very sad to read the news about this brave young man and former Saxon. Condolences to the family, the extended Saxon family and respectful thanks to our NY State law enforcement who take risks every day to protect us.
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

ITH radio

Here's the AU PR:

https://gosaxons.com/news/2018/7/2/alfred-university-mourns-loss-of-alumnus-and-former-football-player-nick-clark-11.aspx

There were other stories on Twitter sent out by Coach Rankl and others.

RIP Nick and thank you for your service.
Follow us on twitter @D3FBHuddle

D3viewer

Brockport's schedule is out. They would probably have let last year's schedule stay on the schedule page forever if allowed.

www.gobrockport.com/schedule.aspx?path=football

Pretty straightforward. 3 out the first 4 games at home. Good flow, 3 LL opponents...bye week...E8 schedule.

Home : Hobart, SLU, SJF, Buff St, Cort

Away : Ith, Boltus, AU, Utica, Morr

Gone are the days when Brockport had to travel to North Jersey on Labor Day weekend and then back again a few weeks later. No more long trips to Maryland, Delaware and Virginia. All NY State these last few years.
We're talking regular season of course.

bports

Schedule has been out for well over a month or so.

D3viewer

"Schedule has been out for well over a month or so".

Not on their website tho. Kinda the first place outsiders look to see the schedule.

Pat Coleman

Quote from: D3viewer on July 06, 2018, 06:28:38 PM
Kinda the first place outsiders look to see the schedule.

They should consider looking on a site like D3football.com.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

D3viewer

Yeah, it's weird the college would wait till now to put the schedule up on the official team page when everyone already seems to know it. I wonder what the delay was.