FB: Liberty League

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 04:58:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UfanBill

Both team's defenses exposed. Reminds me of an arena game.
"You don't stop playing because you got old, you got old because you stopped playing" 🏈🏀⚾🎿⛳

Jonny Utah

Salisbury has some great slow motion close up replays.  I've noticed 3-4 Salisbury players grabbing jerseys and letting go quick.  Probably not enough to even be technically holding calls but they are very noticeable. 

AUPepBand

Mind you, Salisbury's personnel is different and they pass more this year, but Alfred was able to shut down the Sea Gulls' offense last year in the ECAC bowl game. AU switched it up and went to a 3-man front, allowing LBs to see the play development and the DBs to come up quick (Raeqwon Greer) to make tackles.

Union may need to switch up its defensive game plan at halftime.
On Saxon Warriors! On to Victory!
...Fight, fight for Alfred, A-L-F, R-E-D!

Machiavelli

Scoreboard aside, Union's TOP came up a little short there in the first half. If they can figure that out, everything else will be cream cheese

UfanBill

Got them right where we want them...only down 2 scores with the ball...Seriously, Union D is not playing a perfect game. Far from it. More Behrman miracle adjustments to come?

Very impressed with Salisbury's stable of skill position players...their blocking is what stands out.
"You don't stop playing because you got old, you got old because you stopped playing" 🏈🏀⚾🎿⛳

Jonny Utah

Quote from: AUPepBand on November 30, 2019, 12:57:30 PM
Mind you, Salisbury's personnel is different and they pass more this year, but Alfred was able to shut down the Sea Gulls' offense last year in the ECAC bowl game. AU switched it up and went to a 3-man front, allowing LBs to see the play development and the DBs to come up quick (Raeqwon Greer) to make tackles.

Union may need to switch up its defensive game plan at halftime.

Yea this Salisbury Offense is running on all cylinders.  Quick glance looks like Union needs to switch up their outside assignment responsibility.  I'm just not sure if teams can even do that when you gameplan against an option team though.  It seems like Union is playing option assignment defense instead of slow playing the option (they are assigning players to the QB and pitch man)  But the QB defender is always a step too late and the pitch man is either blocked or is also a step too late.  Then when the play action comes it seems like everyone is out of position and no one is prepared.

I'm sure they will make some adjustment and Union is obviously a team that can adjust and win this game.

Machiavelli

Union is scoring way too fast. They need to slow it down if they have any chance winning the TOP battle.

Caz Bombers

it might be cold outside but this game has no chill at all

is that how that expression is used, I think that's right

UfanBill

Andre Ross Jr. appears to have pulled a hamstring.  :'(

Back in there...just a cramp?

jmcozenlaw

DelVal destroying Wesley. Now how many folks called that????? ;)

UfanBill

Very proud of the Dutchmen today...They never quit. That Salisbury offense is a hand full to say the least. Congratulations to the Seagulls.

Great season by the Liberty league champs. They lose a few stalwarts as always but will return strong next year.

Caz Bombers

the upstate New York duo got it in the neck today, mama mia.

Meanwhile, here's the best game of the day, NCC just hit a 45-yard FG to go up 7 at Mount Union (!!!) with 8 minutes left.

https://boxcast.tv/view/football-mount-union-vs-north-central-779240

Bartman

Congrats to Union on a great season. Salisbury was too strong and Union needed to tackle better to win this one. Salisbury defense was vulnerable and Bellamy took advantage. Should be a great game against Muhlenberg with an offense that picked apart Brockport.
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

MRMIKESMITH

Congrats to Union on a successful season,  had me in the edge of seat the whole game.  I was expecting a close game and it definitely was regardless of final score. 

Machiavelli

Any idea what happened at the end of the Union game? I saw the video but am curious if anyone knows what started it all. Have to imagine Union players were running their mouths at some point to start it. If there was no catalyst, it's an embarrassing look for Salisbury. Couldn't not feel embarrassed for the goofy out of shape kid jumping up and down waving like a total loser. He looked like an extra in Varsity Blues acting like a tough guy. But again, I have to imagine something caused that reaction in the first place.