Shirts, and stickers and decals oh my!

Started by cawcdad, November 01, 2007, 05:28:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Forgotten Man

At the UMHB-Washington Jefferson game I saw a Wartburg sweatshirt and of course my LaGrange College Football cap.

"The soldier, above all others, prays for peace, for it is he who must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war."
Douglas MacArthur, General, U.S. Army, (1880-1964)

AF4

loading  on to a plane in San Antone  bound for the ATL (after visiting a farm somewhere between Uvalde and Del Rio off hiway 90) i saw a young man wearing a' Trinity' ball cap

back in 'the ATL', off loading from the plane i saw a 2 college age girls (?) working on lap tops, one wearing a 'Catholic' pull over ("yall beat HSC'...."yes sir" )

(note to folks from Tejas... no disrespect... i do not believe del rio is on the edge of the world...but am sure u can see the edge from there)

keep the faith
"Have laparoscope, Will travel"

Ralph Turner

Saw a guy wearing an Oberlin sweatshirt in the 7-Eleven in Dallas yesterday.

AF4, you can understand how those of us who grew up in Texas west of I-35 came to love the horizon and the sky.  Traveling west of San Antonio, you can see the next ridge of hills 25 miles away.  I recommend a drive to Sul Ross State in Alpine sometime.  At night, there is very little "light pollution" so we can "millions" of stars.  In the spring and summer, the joy is watching the "thunderheads' build to 70,000 feet as the thunderstorms come in.  And year around, especially in winter, we get the beautiful sunsets!

I get claustrophobic in the pine forests of the southeast US.   :)

K-Mack

Saw a St. Thomas pull over last week in downtown D.C., but it was dark, so wasn't sure if it was the official MIAC school, or just some random St. Thomas HS.

Thought I'd mention anyway!
Former author, Around the Nation ('01-'13)
Managing Editor, Kickoff
Voter, Top 25/Play of the Week/Gagliardi Trophy/Liberty Mutual Coach of the Year
Nastradamus, Triple Take
and one of the two voices behind the sonic #d3fb nerdery that is the ATN Podcast.

Ryan Tipps

Not sure if this counts, but I meant to mention about two weeks ago:

It brought a smile to my face to see the Stagg Bowl billboards first appear in the Roanoke Valley. I've seen them in three different spots so far and am greeted by one every time I drive into work. Yay! :)
D3football.com Senior Editor and Around the Nation columnist. On Twitter: @NewsTipps

2.7 seconds. An average football player may need more time to score; a great one finds a way. I've seen greatness happen.

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: Ralph Turner on December 13, 2008, 09:11:01 AM
Saw a guy wearing an Oberlin sweatshirt in the 7-Eleven in Dallas yesterday.

AF4, you can understand how those of us who grew up in Texas west of I-35 came to love the horizon and the sky.  Traveling west of San Antonio, you can see the next ridge of hills 25 miles away.  I recommend a drive to Sul Ross State in Alpine sometime.  At night, there is very little "light pollution" so we can "millions" of stars.  In the spring and summer, the joy is watching the "thunderheads' build to 70,000 feet as the thunderstorms come in.  And year around, especially in winter, we get the beautiful sunsets!

I get claustrophobic in the pine forests of the southeast US.   :)

Ralph and AF4,

I understand both your feelings, but I dearly love both the 'Big Sky' of Montana (Manitoba, etc.) and the pine forests/lake country of Maine (Ontario, etc.).  They're both fantastic, just in different [understatement!] ways.

Sorry for the diversion - no new sightings to report. :P

AF4

Brother Ypsi...
no diversion...i agree

Ralph- i spent the night in Uvalde....the sky was clear and i could see forever
         - an interesting note the Frio river, the Blanco river, and the Dry Blanco   
           river...were all  the same color (grey rock), not cold, and dry...unfortunatly

today...on I-70 between St Louis and KC a big sign advertising Westinister as one of Americas 50 best colleges

keep the faith

Ralph Turner

Upper Iowa University license plate holder on the back of a Chevy Blazer in Dallas.

When that license plate holder was issued, UIU was a member of D3.   :D

K-Mack

Pulled in behind a Middlebury Panthers license plate frame on the 14th street bridge yesterday.

I think I've seen the entire NESCAC in D.C.

Nothing beats the St. John Fisher bus though :)
Former author, Around the Nation ('01-'13)
Managing Editor, Kickoff
Voter, Top 25/Play of the Week/Gagliardi Trophy/Liberty Mutual Coach of the Year
Nastradamus, Triple Take
and one of the two voices behind the sonic #d3fb nerdery that is the ATN Podcast.

retagent

Today I saw an SJU sticker in Lake Geneva, WI> If it wasn't snowing, I would have jumped out and introduced myself.

Ralph Turner

Smith College (MA) pull-over sweater on a guy in the DFW airport.  He was flying home.

AF4

An Emory & Henry sticker on the rear window of a Jeep Patriot on I- 85 south, near the Tacoa, Ga exit

keep the faith

Mr. Ypsi

An Illinois Wesleyan bumper sticker spotted on Santa's sleigh last night.

[Oh, all right, I made that one up! ;D]

Joe Wally

Oberlin College gear appeared under my Christmas tree this year.

My cousin's daughter is on the Yeoman (Yeowomen?) swim team and writes for the school newspaper.

Toby Taff

AF4,
Del Rio can't be the edge of the world it's only 4 hours from abilene
My wife and I are Alumni of both UMHB and HSU.  You think you are confused, my kids don't know which Purple and Gold team to pull for.