Shirts, and stickers and decals oh my!

Started by cawcdad, November 01, 2007, 05:28:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cawcdad

Quote from: Ralph Turner on June 13, 2010, 09:15:38 AM
Quote from: cawcdad on June 13, 2010, 08:57:04 AM
At the Monterey Bay Aquarium I saw an SJU Intramural Champions. It was gone before I had a chance to ask which SJU.
If the T-shirt used a purple and gray color scheme, I don't think that it was our SJU.   ;)

St Joseph's University, Philadelphia, in the Atlantic-10 is also red and white.
Red shirt with white lettering. I've seen St. Joes play at St. Marys. That is why I was wondering.

cave2bens

Just left dental chair  :P, and returned to vehicle in the parking deck.  What are the odds to find three cars, in a row next to each other, sporting "Morehouse," "Hampton-Sydney," and "Wabash" stickers in urban Atlanta?   :o

As a topper, wife was returning from errands and spotted an adolescent cyclist on Buford Highway wearing an old (14+) Defiance College shirt - she recognized it (20 yr reunion) as a Salvation Army donation from last year.  :D
"Forever more as in days of yore Their deeds be noble and grand"

Knightstalker

Old man, well middle aged like me wearing an Oberlin College t-shirt in Phillipsburg Mall in Phillipsburg NJ.

"In the end we will survive rather than perish not because we accumulate comfort and luxury but because we accumulate wisdom"  Colonel Jack Jacobs US Army (Ret).

HSCTiger74

Quote from: cave2bens on June 22, 2010, 01:02:26 PM
Just left dental chair  :P, and returned to vehicle in the parking deck.  What are the odds to find three cars, in a row next to each other, sporting "Morehouse," "Hampton-Sydney," and "Wabash" stickers in urban Atlanta?   :o

As a topper, wife was returning from errands and spotted an adolescent cyclist on Buford Highway wearing an old (14+) Defiance College shirt - she recognized it (20 yr reunion) as a Salvation Army donation from last year.  :D

Morehouse is no real surprise since it's in urban Atlanta, but the other two aren't ones you'd expect to see there. And as a proud grad I should point out that it's HampDEn-Sydney.
TANSTAAFL

cave2bens

Quote from: HSCTiger74 on June 22, 2010, 09:37:31 PM
Just left dental chair  :P, and returned to vehicle in the parking deck.  What are the odds to find three cars, in a row next to each other, sporting "Morehouse," "Hampton-Sydney," and "Wabash" stickers in urban Atlanta?   :o

Morehouse is no real surprise since it's in urban Atlanta, but the other two aren't ones you'd expect to see there. And as a proud grad I should point out that it's HampDEn-Sydney.

My apologies, HSCTiger.  :-[ I know better than that, but there are times when the synapses between my addled brain, the gnarled, sausage fingers, and proofing aren't in sync - don't even throw walking and chewing gum into the equation.  ;D  Admitted shock (and initially suspected drug-induced hallucination) to see three, all-male stickered vehicles together and would have hoped for an Agnes Scott rose among the thorns.  ;)
"Forever more as in days of yore Their deeds be noble and grand"

HSCTiger74

Quote from: cave2bens on June 23, 2010, 07:53:24 AM
Just left dental chair  :P, and returned to vehicle in the parking deck.  What are the odds to find three cars, in a row next to each other, sporting "Morehouse," "Hampton-Sydney," and "Wabash" stickers in urban Atlanta?   :o

My apologies, HSCTiger.  :-[ I know better than that, but there are times when the synapses between my addled brain, the gnarled, sausage fingers, and proofing aren't in sync - don't even throw walking and chewing gum into the equation.  ;D  Admitted shock (and initially suspected drug-induced hallucination) to see three, all-male stickered vehicles together and would have hoped for an Agnes Scott rose among the thorns.  ;)

Speaking of addled brain, I can't believe I missed the all-male college connection! Definitely worth a +k to you for catching it.
TANSTAAFL

Ralph Turner

Quote from: HSCTiger74 on June 23, 2010, 09:38:09 AM
Quote from: cave2bens on June 23, 2010, 07:53:24 AM

Speaking of addled brain, I can't believe I missed the all-male college connection! Definitely worth a +k to you for catching it.
About the only connection for Morehouse to DIII that remains is the record time in the 400 Meter Hurdles that was set by Edwin Moses, when he was a student there.

Gray Fox

I was in a bagel shop in Santa Monica today eating breakfast and watching Brazil/Portugal play world cup.  I was wearing my Brazil jersey with my name, Ronaldo, on the back.  I saw an old guy my age with an Albright shirt.
Fierce When Roused

TheGrove

Quote from: Gray Fox on June 25, 2010, 01:14:32 PM
I was in a bagel shop in Santa Monica today eating breakfast and watching Brazil/Portugal play world cup.  I was wearing my Brazil jersey with my name, Ronaldo, on the back.  I saw an old guy my age with an Albright shirt.

In Santa Monica? Wow.

hickory_cornhusker

I saw a guy at a country music festival in Oshkosh, WI wearing a Bowdoin polo shirt.

ADL70

Trine University car at Woodland Golf Course 30 miles WNW of Columbus OH.  Not Trine sticker, it had Trine University painted on the sides.
SPARTANS...PREPARE FOR GLORY
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO
Think beyond the possible.
Compete, Win, Respect, Unite

Kira & Jaxon's Dad

Washington and Lee sticker on the back of an SUV on I-75, just North of Tampa.
National Champions - 13: 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017

HSCTiger74

Macalester College window sticker on the back of a small pickup in Charlotte.
TANSTAAFL

doolittledog

Family wearing Crown College Storm gear at a Subway in Center Point, IA this past weekend. 

TheGrove

Minivan with a Juniata College license plate holder heading north on I81 in southern PA.

Yeah, that's not weird, but it was a Florida license plate.