Shirts, and stickers and decals oh my!

Started by cawcdad, November 01, 2007, 05:28:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ADL70

Late on these two:  Brandeis hoodie and MIT visor at USGP in Austin.

Today, Tufts t-shirt in IKEA, Round Rock.
SPARTANS...PREPARE FOR GLORY
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO
Think beyond the possible.
Compete, Win, Respect, Unite

Ralph Turner

NYU decal and a decal for  University of North Texas on an SUV in Tyler.  What do those have in common?

My first thought is that they have very good performing arts programs, especially UNT's One O'clock Lab Band.

cave2bens

Red Carnegie Mellon hoodie at my local, Atlanta grocery - and it sure as heck wasn't Ex-Tartan sporting it!   ;D
"Forever more as in days of yore Their deeds be noble and grand"

HSCTiger74

Johns Hopkins window decal (with Blue Jay) on an SUV at my favorite grocery store in Charlotte.
TANSTAAFL

02 Warhawk

Macalester bumpersticker in Milwaukee.

HSCTiger74

Personalized license plate with "USMMA 68" while driving through Strasburg, VA on Saturday.
TANSTAAFL

badgerwarhawk

Dude in an Earlham College sweatshirt in Manual Antonio National Park, Costa Rica. 
"Just think twice is my only advice."

cawcdad

Today one of my physics students showed up for the final wearing a Calvin College Knights shirt. Another had on a Lewis & Clark Pioneers shirt she said was for motivation.  :)

02 Warhawk

This doesn't really fit this thread, but nevertheless a random DIII moment occurred when I wasn't expecting it. I met my wife for lunch at a local Buffalo Wild Wings outside of Milwaukee today. And of all the sports stations and TVs they have at their disposal, they were displaying the replay of the Linfield/St. Thomas semifinal game from last week in the bar. Not only that, it was being displayed on the largest flat screen they had. Usually that TV is reserved for the big games or local games...anything but a D3 semifinal replay! I got a kick out of the patrons looking up at the screen with the "what the hell is this" look on their face.

I would have even found it odd if they were re-airing a previous UWW game (at least that's kind of local being that it's instate)....let alone a replay of D3 football game that had little to no interest to anyone miles from where I was.

That had to have been the first time where I've seen a D3 sporting event - of any kind - being aired in a bar, when I wasn't expecting it. And it was a replay...not even live! I just found that fascinating.

(Then again if they were re-airing the other semifinal game instead, I would have turned to my wife and said "We're eating someplace else" before sitting down)  ;)  :'(

pg04

Quote from: 02 Warhawk on December 18, 2015, 03:39:56 PM
This doesn't really fit this thread, but nevertheless a random DIII moment occurred when I wasn't expecting it. I met my wife for lunch at a local Buffalo Wild Wings outside of Milwaukee today. And of all the sports stations and TVs they have at their disposal, they were displaying the replay of the Linfield/St. Thomas semifinal game from last week in the bar. Not only that, it was being displayed on the largest flat screen they had. Usually that TV is reserved for the big games or local games...anything but a D3 semifinal replay! I got a kick out of the patrons looking up at the screen with the "what the hell is this" look on their face.

I would have even found it odd if they were re-airing a previous UWW game (at least that's kind of local being that it's instate)....let alone a replay of D3 football game that had little to no interest to anyone miles from where I was.

That had to have been the first time where I've seen a D3 sporting event - of any kind - being aired in a bar, when I wasn't expecting it. And it was a replay...not even live! I just found that fascinating.

ESPNU replayed the game (I think they also replayed your game at some point). Likely the bar just had on ESPNU and paid no attention other than OH FOOTBALL

02 Warhawk

Quote from: pg04 on December 18, 2015, 03:47:26 PM

ESPNU replayed the game (I think they also replayed your game at some point). Likely they just had on ESPNU and paid no attention other than OH FOOTBALL

That's not "my game"...I want no part of it.  ;D

pg04

Quote from: 02 Warhawk on December 18, 2015, 03:48:46 PM
Quote from: pg04 on December 18, 2015, 03:47:26 PM

ESPNU replayed the game (I think they also replayed your game at some point). Likely they just had on ESPNU and paid no attention other than OH FOOTBALL

That's not "my game"...I want no part of it.  ;D

Yeah, I actually phrased it in a way that usually annoys me. Like when people say "We" are going to win today. Well, you aren't actually on the team so....

HSCTiger74

Several D3 sightings as I was driving around Charlotte doing last-minute shopping on Monday:
     Hampden-Sydney sticker on the rear window of an SUV in the southern part of the city.
     Denison College sticker on another SUV about two miles farther along the same road.
     Hopkins Blue Jays sweatshirt and W&L tee shirt in the crowds at our largest local mall.
TANSTAAFL

Gray Fox

A Sweet Briar sweatshirt in Cafe Brazil in Dallas this noon.

She was with her freshman sister.  See story in General section.
Fierce When Roused

Ralph Turner

Wash U StL license plate holder, seen outside the NorthPark AMC in Dallas.

Probably watching "The Force Awakens".