MBB: Northwest Conference

Started by The Show, March 06, 2005, 08:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UWPSUPERFAN77

On Whitman: I saw you lost last year at Platteville to NW,the national champs! I think you guys lose because of the schedule you play and always being on the Road! I know the NCAA is cheap, but always playing on the road is unfair to you,considering your record! You play an unfair uphill battle! my sympathy to you!

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: UWPSUPERFAN77 on March 12, 2019, 02:32:40 PM
On Whitman: I saw you lost last year at Platteville to NW,the national champs! I think you guys lose because of the schedule you play and always being on the Road! I know the NCAA is cheap, but always playing on the road is unfair to you,considering your record! You play an unfair uphill battle! my sympathy to you!

Feel free to read the post I put in the NESCAC board about this. It will help.

When you left the boards, the idea of anyone getting to host three teams all flown in to the same pod was unheard of. It happens now. A lot has changed with the "cheap NCAA."
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

D O.C.

d-mac....PC knows I'm a NWC honk.  I don't want an advantage, I just don't want to be disadvantaged.

I might be stirring up an outside fluid or written in stone constitution argument, but I reason before the island conferences were accepted into NCAA III someone should have anticipated having to cross the Rockies.

I'm also tired of getting 3.18 % on my savings and TSAs.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: D O.C. on March 13, 2019, 12:59:19 AM
d-mac....PC knows I'm a NWC honk.  I don't want an advantage, I just don't want to be disadvantaged.

I might be stirring up an outside fluid or written in stone constitution argument, but I reason before the island conferences were accepted into NCAA III someone should have anticipated having to cross the Rockies.

Those conferences applied, knowing the rules and restrictions.  I think the problem is too many people compare d3 to d1 and get upset, when they should be comparing 2019 to 2009 or 1999 and they'd be ecstatic.  I also believe Whitman wouldn't want excuses like travel made for them.  Yeah, it's more difficult, but I can't believe it's what Brigdeland or any of the guys would point to as a difference in that game.

Honestly, CNU might want to thank Whitman; I'm not sure they'd've gotten by Williams without the fatigue from the night before.  Whitman would've beaten Williams with two or three more minutes on the clock.  It looked like a lot of their competitive games this year, Williams simply held out just long enough.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

Pat Coleman

Quote from: D O.C. on March 13, 2019, 12:59:19 AM

The SCIAC has been in D-III forever.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Gregory Sager

Yep. The first appearance by a SCIAC team in the tourney was by Whittier all the way back in 1979. Whittier even hosted during the first weekend.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

D O.C.

UWPSUPERFAN77

When was the sectional on the west Coast! You win a sectional to get to the Big Dance! has it ever been? just asking!

Pat Coleman

Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

UWPSUPERFAN77

Thank you Pat! That was long time ago,even for an old guy like me! My Point being made!

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: Pat Coleman on March 14, 2019, 01:14:13 AM
Yes! It has! In 2004!

GREAT post. ;D

Quote from: UWPSUPERFAN77 on March 14, 2019, 06:25:49 AM
Thank you Pat! That was long time ago,even for an old guy like me! My Point being made!

But obviously a bit too subtle for some posters. ;)

BluesBrother

In other NWC news:

Whitman men's basketball senior guard Austin Butler is a finalist in the "Darkhorse Dunker" contest. On the line is a trip to the NCAA Division I Final Four in Minneapolis, Minn. to compete in the 2019 College Slam Dunk contest broadcast live on ESPN.

Voting starts today and ends Friday, March 22. You can vote once per day and do so on each of your devices and on each of the browsers installed on those devices. (Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, etc.) Several browsers feature an "incognito" mode which you can also use to vote, and do so up to three times per day.

If you'd like to see Austin represent D3, go to http://www.darkhorsedunker.com/ and click "VOTE NOW" under Austin's headshot.

Ralph Turner

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on March 14, 2019, 09:12:09 PM
Quote from: Pat Coleman on March 14, 2019, 01:14:13 AM
Yes! It has! In 2004!

GREAT post. ;D

Quote from: UWPSUPERFAN77 on March 14, 2019, 06:25:49 AM

But obviously a bit too subtle for some posters. ;)
+1! 

My frustration with that tournament is that Sul Ross had a big lead on Larry U and lost in OT in Round 3, there at Puget Sound in Tacoma WA.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Surprised  no one mentioned it. Matt Airy has left Whitman to take over the reigns at Aurora.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Greek Tragedy

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on April 12, 2019, 08:25:36 PM
Surprised  no one mentioned it. Matt Airy has left Whitman to take over the reigns at Aurora.

I don't think anyone outside Whitman or "in the know" would know that. I didn't see anything on the basketball home page or on their Twitter and certainly not on this site. He's also "just" an assistant. May not be newsworthy? And what did you say in the SLIAC board? You can't write a release on every job change, "especially low-profile ones."
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!