WBB: Middle Atlantic Conference board archive

Started by delvalfan, July 13, 2005, 06:59:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

delvalfan

O.K., new server in place thanks to Pat, so could Lebanon Valley College please post their 2005-06 schedule - i really want to see who we might be playing in November.  Thank you!

adkfan

I must hit a nerve with Sir Pat... sorry but I don't blog  faithful to "post"  I like the people  anonymous and not so
No dig intended just was curious about possibles for the vacant coaching position at Kings..
No one up man ship intended... just a curious fan
would never assume that the SID would reveal the candidates prior to interviews... just ADK wondering
So Sir Pat I am ever so sorry if my post hit a raw nerve.
We must never take ourselves so seriously that we fail to really read a post in the intention it was written  
Just curious
ADKfan

Tim Flynn

delvalfan:

I'm willing to bet you'll be waiting until the end of the summer for LVC's basketball schedules to be released, unfortunately. Nobody would love to see them more than me though!  (I've only heard some of the teams on the men's side of the tournament, and it will be a doozy).

I'm really, really glad LVC decided to move the Rinso tourney to a tip-off so it gets the attendence figures it deserves. There has been some top-notch play the last few years, especially last year, and unfortunately nobody was around to see it with the student body on break. They always seem to do a good job of bringing in good, entertaining teams. The women's tournament is only two years old, but the men's tournament, for example, has had two out of the last three championship games hit OT, and I think the last four title games were decided by a combined 12 points or something ridiculous like that.

delvalfan

Thanks, Tim - we're REALLY anxious to know (i spend the remainder of the summer scouring the opposing team's stats http://discus.d3hoops.com/discus/clipart/happy.gif" ALT=":-)" BORDER=0>.

Bob Ziadie

ADK, been away for a few weeks.  Not sure exactly what you mean about giving parts of the gym away. Just to clarify, nothing is being torn down, not the bleachers, the press box. or even the floor.  The gym floor was stripped of all the finish and paint, and then totally repainted. The wood floor is the same wood floor as before, just stripped down to the original wood color.  If the woden bleachers evern get torn down, I will invite you and Saratoga and we can celebtrate no more splinters together  ;-)

And don't count on the King's SID to drop hints about candidates or anything like that. There are privacy issues that need to be respected for people who already have jobs. God forbid anyone comes out looking like Larry Brown.  Plus I always find it fun to try and battle with our local media as they come to me with the rumors they hear through the "grapevine".  Some of the names I have heard with our last two men's basketball openings have provided me with a lot of entertainment.

Mike Dougherty aka Knightstalker

Bob mentioned Larry Brown in his post, he must be interviewing for the Kings job.  Man this guy just loves to coach basketball.  http://discus.d3hoops.com/discus/clipart/happy.gif" ALT=":-)" BORDER=0>

Bob Ziadie

Mike:

Nice........haha.    Yeah it would make sense. He has coached at most levels of basketball. Now it is time to move onto D-III.......then we can start another coaching search in another two years at King's after he leaves us for the junior college circuit.

Mike Dougherty aka Knightstalker

I just read this week in the NY papers that Larry Brown has been running a summer camp and clinic for 10-15 year olds on Long Island and has been doing it for several years.  This is a man who really does love to coach, he will probably be coaching elementary school kids on the playground when he is 90.

adkfan

Bob thanks for the pdate my local source told me that Kings was just doing some surface changes and not major reconstruction yet  Yes maybe just a recoat of varnish could hold down the splinters for one more year.  
Not expecting you Bob to drop any hints just a curious fan you know how I am... Just saw the schedule whichj I understand is not set in stone I am however looking for a time at court side.  
Thanks for the info and have a good summer
ADK

delvalfan

Pretty much just two more months - i don't count October cause rosters come out that month, & if schedules make me happy, you can only imagine what a roster does http://discus.d3hoops.com/discus/clipart/happy.gif" ALT=":-)" BORDER=0> - CAN NOT WAIT!!!

Roy Alexander

Kate, Any chance on a full roster, more than 9-10 players, for this years' team? I have always beleived that you have a good coach, players who never quit, and atleast 1-2 very talented players. The only problem is depth... any chance that will be corrected this year?

delvalfan

If Del Val has NO defectors, we should be O.K. Juli's head injury should be completely better, the twins & Ashley should bring their experience to the court, Rachel will be ready to play & the dynamic duo of Shannon & Moira will be really fun to watch.  Hopefully Brooke will step into Bridget's shoes & at least two of the recruits will be spectacular!

Roy Alexander

If I didn't know better I would say that the Aggies were a contender...I think the loss of Jackie Hartzell may be bigger than you might thinkThe Lady Royals have 3 nice recruits, take a peak at their website and you can read about them.I am anxious as well...

delvalfan

There's no two ways about it, Jackie & Bridget will be very much missed, great players & most importantly, lovely people - we wish em the BEST.  You guys at Scranton are fortunate (i read about the recruits) - here's hoping that DVC has some potential All-Americans - Just as long as the MAC prevails, especially in all our opening tournaments!!!

Roy Alexander

Has anyone checked out the new UoS website in thelast couple of days? It's great...Take a minute when you get a chance.