Game cancellations and postponements

Started by PlaySimple, September 02, 2021, 08:05:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PlaySimple

In looking over the men's and women's scores from last night (9/1), the opening games of the season for a lot of teams, it seems as if there was an unusually large number of cancellations and postponements. Does anyone know if those are related to covid, rain/weather from Hurricane Ida remnants, or a combination of the two?

I'm also wondering what sort of policies are being put in place for cancellations due to covid. We're now getting close to being two years into this and it doesn't look as if it's going away anytime soon. There is a multitude of reasons why covid is not more manageable now than it should be but I don't want to get into all of that here.

Personally, I feel that if teams and schools don't have policies in place that err on the side of caution to help keep student-athletes safe, and the end result is that there are outbreaks that are large enough so that they are not able to field a team and must cancel the match, that team should forfeit. Players that disregard the rules and are careless should be given very little leeway before their position on their teams is jeopardized. Many D1 schools are getting very firm about this and it is time that all schools do.

As I mentioned, we're nearly two years into this. Unfortunately many are still taking it too lightly and monkeying around. It is that attitude that is the main cause of why things are still as bad as they are.

NEPAFAN

It was the historic flooding on the east coast.
A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall.
Vince Lombardi