FB: Middle Atlantic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:15:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PBR...

Quote from: bman on July 02, 2013, 10:01:10 AM
Quote from: PBR... on May 15, 2013, 08:25:42 AM
Ran a 5K race at DVC last weekend and football field is really taking shape. Will be nice when all the other upgrades are done as well... Here is a story in the local paper with some pix  http://www.phillyburbs.com/news/local/the_intelligencer_news/a-generous-donation-produces-new-football-field/article_d3fa5e53-cb36-5a37-8163-af3b7df044bd.html

Is the fieldwork done?

bman...Turf is being installed and put down now... Looks pretty good... http://athletics.delval.edu/news/2013/7/10/FH_turf_update.aspx

D3MAFAN

Quote from: PBR... on July 10, 2013, 11:44:10 AM
Ran a 5K race at DVC last weekend and football field is really taking shape. Will be nice when all the other upgrades are done as well... Here is a story in the local paper with some pix  http://www.phillyburbs.com/news/local/the_intelligencer_news/a-generous-donation-produces-new-football-field/article_d3fa5e53-cb36-5a37-8163-af3b7df044bd.html

Is the fieldwork done? Any idea how the logo will be put onto the field? Will the endzone be striped or have school name or mascot?

bman...Turf is being installed and put down now... Looks pretty good... http://athletics.delval.edu/news/2013/7/10/FH_turf_update.aspx

Field looking good! Any idea on where the team logo will be placed? Is the endzone going to be striped or will the school or mascot name be in the endzone?

Dutchman70

Good Afternoon guys, I'm new to the boards, but am looking forward to talking MAC football this upcoming season with all of you as I'm sure it will be another fantastic season.

And always:

Go Dutchmen

D3MAFAN

Quote from: Dutchman70 on July 10, 2013, 03:49:56 PM
Good Afternoon guys, I'm new to the boards, but am looking forward to talking MAC football this upcoming season with all of you as I'm sure it will be another fantastic season.

And always:

Go Dutchmen

Welcome to the boards Dutchman, its good to see another fan from the MAC.

Dutchman70

Quote from: D3MAFAN on July 10, 2013, 04:07:35 PM
Quote from: Dutchman70 on July 10, 2013, 03:49:56 PM

And always:

Go Dutchmen

Welcome to the boards Dutchman, its good to see another fan from the MAC.

Thanks D3MAFAN, and on another note it is very interesting to see the progress on DVC's new turf making them the final MAC football school to get a turf playing surface. Can't wait to see it in person as i will be traveling to Doylestown this year for the LVC vs DVC game. Should be a great season!

D3viewer

This will be year 2 for the MAC NJAC challenge. Last years 8 game series ended in a 4-4 draw. All games took/take place on the opening weekend. The same matchups for this year..but the venues are reversed.  Note * the NJAC;s top team from last season.Cortland..does not/did not participate. Also.. W CONN is not a member of the NJAC this season.
Looking back..the best matchups (based on final records) last season were 1. Del Val vs Rowan and 2. Lyco v. Brockport St. Both games were won by the NJAC team. Biggest mismatch was/ is Widener v W Conn.

Dutchman70

Quote from: D3viewer on July 10, 2013, 09:24:05 PM
This will be year 2 for the MAC NJAC challenge. Last years 8 game series ended in a 4-4 draw. All games took/take place on the opening weekend. The same matchups for this year..but the venues are reversed.  Note * the NJAC;s top team from last season.Cortland..does not/did not participate. Also.. W CONN is not a member of the NJAC this season.
Looking back..the best matchups (based on final records) last season were 1. Del Val vs Rowan and 2. Lyco v. Brockport St. Both games were won by the NJAC team. Biggest mismatch was/ is Widener v W Conn.

That DVC vs Rowan game is something to look forward too, also the LVC vs Montclair St. game will be the first night game at LVC underneath their new lights.

PBR...

Quote from: D3MAFAN on July 10, 2013, 11:48:57 AM
Quote from: PBR... on July 10, 2013, 11:44:10 AM

Is the fieldwork done? Any idea how the logo will be put onto the field? Will the endzone be striped or have school name or mascot?

Field looking good! Any idea on where the team logo will be placed? Is the endzone going to be striped or will the school or mascot name be in the endzone?

No idea where the logo will be placed assuming there is 1 placed I would assume mid field...not sure if anything is going in the endzones...no sure if they have decided that yet

D3viewer

Self correction. Widener/ W Conn will not play this year. Makes sense. Saw on the home page Widener opens w Wesley. Haha ..what a difference. But makes a much better game. That's a tough opener Coach Acosta. Old NJAC guy.

D3MAFAN

Huge drop for Widener, I think they fell a little to far, I would have maybe put them at 11-15 until the first couple weeks of the season. Nevertheless, the first game will tell it all.

Pat Coleman

The offense was really decimated -- just three starters back. Don't forget the coaching change as well. I think Delaware Valley is better on paper but not enough voters agreed with me.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

SBMC

Whats the outlook on Stevenson, Kings and Lycoming?

bman

Re: Widener - fair assessment, although one of the 3 starters is Anthony Davis so there is a lot to build around.

Dutchman70

I'm pretty sure Stevenson didn't graduate many players from last years team, and their outlook is very positive. The team is extremely athletic and last season they were a better team then their record showed. Going into their 3rd year this season I think they have the potential to surprise some people. Not sure about kings, I know they lost a few key members of their linebacking core but not really sure about the rest, and Lyco also not sure but you can always bet they will have one of the best defenses in the MAC.

D3MAFAN

Quote from: Dutchman70 on July 19, 2013, 09:07:19 AM
I'm pretty sure Stevenson didn't graduate many players from last years team, and their outlook is very positive. The team is extremely athletic and last season they were a better team then their record showed. Going into their 3rd year this season I think they have the potential to surprise some people. Not sure about kings, I know they lost a few key members of their linebacking core but not really sure about the rest, and Lyco also not sure but you can always bet they will have one of the best defenses in the MAC.

I agree Stevenson was indeed a better team than the record showed. Honestly, I can see them being very good, if not this year, definitely next year. Since I am currently in the DMV area, Stevenson appears to be doing a great job overall within building their athletic program and that's starting with its facilities. With that they are taking some recruits from both Maryland (Frostburg, Salisbury, McDaniel, etc...) and PA teams.