MBB: Coast 2 Coast Athletic Conference

Started by Mr. Ypsi, March 27, 2005, 10:16:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swish3

Quote from: CNU85 on October 23, 2018, 08:23:04 AM
Quote from: Swish3 on October 22, 2018, 01:37:05 PM
Quote from: CNU85 on October 20, 2018, 05:02:30 PM
Watching alumni game at CNU. Interesting. Competitive. Then I was made aware the alumni team has 4 of the top 10 scorers in team history. Just saw a CNU Freshman commit a foul and one of the alumni was coaching him on the court during the game. Way cool.

Who won?

CNU team beat the Alum.....80-73. Funny thing... Mike Cherry had 8 fouls!!! hahahaha!!!! CNU has enough players for hockey line changes. the bench looks like loooong!!!!

I'm hoping Carter will lead a nice group of returning players and newcomers to a strong season...time will tell.

GO CAPS!

CCHoopster

Still no update at Salibsury on what happened? A local high school coach said (Salisbury is recruiting one of his players) the firing/leave or whatever you'd wish to call it, was in fact due to misrepresenting either camp revenue and/or misrepresenting camp insurance and it's payment. Any clarification here?

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: CCHoopster on October 24, 2018, 09:35:35 AM
Still no update at Salibsury on what happened? A local high school coach said (Salisbury is recruiting one of his players) the firing/leave or whatever you'd wish to call it, was in fact due to misrepresenting either camp revenue and/or misrepresenting camp insurance and it's payment. Any clarification here?

First, we have not gotten an answer on where things stand, though I expect it to be wrapped up soon (of course, I've said the same thing about the UWSP investigation going on two years now).

Secondly, I cannot confirm or deny the last part. There are parts of this that are caught up in the process and not available for public comment. What I have learned is off the record ... for now.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Pat Coleman

That's totally the sort of thing that a school would get all up in arms about, a state school probably even more so. When I first heard about the situation and the timing, that was one of the things that came to mind.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

CCHoopster

My "still no update" was not directed towards D3H. I thought after 3 weeks there would be something put out, especially now that teams are a week into the season, by the institution. 

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: CCHoopster on October 24, 2018, 02:51:47 PM
My "still no update" was not directed towards D3H. I thought after 3 weeks there would be something put out, especially now that teams are a week into the season, by the institution.

Can't put anything out if the process isn't over. The process isn't over. Being a state school, they have a far more specific way things have to be conducted in the system than private schools. From what I'm gathering, it may be another week or two before it is all wrapped up.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

CNU85

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on October 24, 2018, 02:54:57 PM
Quote from: CCHoopster on October 24, 2018, 02:51:47 PM

Can't put anything out if the process isn't over. The process isn't over. Being a state school, they have a far more specific way things have to be conducted in the system than private schools. From what I'm gathering, it may be another week or two before it is all wrapped up.

Unless you are CNU.....work one day, gone the next. And to this day, when I ask, I get funny looks and shrugs from CNU athletic department folks. And that happened 7 years ago. Kudos for those folks keeping it under wraps.

Pat Coleman

Probably depends on what the "offense" was. Surely there are some things which can get you walked from a state school, too.

I'm sure if this had come up in May or June they would have done their investigation and then announced the change at the end of it. But because it was basically days before practice started, it made sense to do it this way.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

cmackowiakSGSN

Salisbury University Athletics announced Tuesday morning that Andrew Sachs will not return as the men's basketball head coach. Here's the latest:

https://thesuflyer.com/2018/10/25/breaking-sachs-will-not-return-to-su-mens-basketball-program/

Swish3

Okay, so what's the scoop here?  Can anyone elaborate at this time?  If he agreed not to return, does that mean Salisbury may have offered him some sort of conditional job?

sunny

Quote from: Swish3 on October 25, 2018, 02:19:20 PM
Okay, so what's the scoop here?  Can anyone elaborate at this time?  If he agreed not to return, does that mean Salisbury may have offered him some sort of conditional job?

I know nothing about the particulars here, but generally, it means there is some sort of severance/financial agreement in exchange for walking away and keeping mum instead of a termination that could have an appeal, lawsuit, etc.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Swish3

Went to midnight madness Friday...hardly any basketball...is that what these have become?

CNU85

The reasoning I heard was they don't want injuries. But then....Alumni games.....Midnight Madness is now about pizza and students.