WBB: Landmark Conference

Started by Dave 'd-mac' McHugh, February 20, 2007, 07:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ronk

My annual choices for the members of Scranton's pod strictly from the viewpoint of having teams with former prospects of mine:

NE - MIT or Middlebury or E. Conn
E - Ithaca or Geneseo or New Paltz
A - TCNJ or Marymount or Misericordia

Last year in the Scranton sectional I had players on Tufts, Bowdoin, and Messiah.

saratoga

We're all waiting for the day you can add your alma mater to that list!  :'(

ronk

Quote from: saratoga on February 24, 2019, 11:30:45 PM

We're all waiting for the day you can add your alma mater to that list!  :'(

There is 1 - Sofia Recupero - so it hasn't all been in vain.  ::)

ronk

Lady Royals got a good draw in the bracketing; I'll have to check out New England College later but E. Conn will be a challenge in 2nd round - they beat us in the 1st round 4 years ago @ home with Mesaris, Payonk, and Roman - very good defense.
Gettysburg would be manageable in the 3rd round, leaving Tufts in the 4th. Prefer facing Tufts to Bowdoin or Thomas More.
  For hosting in the sectional, CNU winning the Gettysburg regional(and they easily could) would mean Scranton should host since CNU is 600+ miles from Tufts.
   There is a path to the Final 4 in Roanoke; we'll see if we're up to it.

Rofrog

Difference Ronk was the Coach !!!!!

Rofrog

I just don't understand  how Middlebury or Smith gets in before Etown? Etown is well deserving of a spot in the tournament.

ronk

Only explainable if Hopkins was the last choice, blocking E-town from the table; Miseri beat Mt st. Mary so Miseri should have been ranked higher in the Atlantic than MSM and gotten their pool C berth.

Rofrog

Compared the 3 teams from the 3rd regionals rankings. Smith was 5th ,Middebury was 6th in the NE while Etown was 6th in the MA.Middebury doesnt make there Championship game  not sure about Smith.Middlebury 19-7 sos 569 Smith 21-6 sos 523 Etown 19-7 sos 549.

gordonmann

Smith lost to Springfield in the NEWMAC semifinals.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

rofrog - you are also using older data. Middlebury's SOS was better than that for example. The data changes every week.

And all but 44 teams will lose a game in the final week of the season and 88 don't make the conference tournament championships. It is pretty common not to get to those games.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Rofrog

Will we see that data or at least final regional ranking? would love to see those!

gordonmann

We hope, too, yes.

Nothing yet.

Rofrog

NEPAFAN

Belated congrats to the Lady Royals and everyone associated with the program!
A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall.
Vince Lombardi

saratoga

What is absolutely remarkable is that in 4 years, Trevor & his teams have lost a TOTAL of 6 league games!

109/9 & counting over 4 years...incredible.