MBB: Landmark Conference

Started by Dave 'd-mac' McHugh, February 20, 2007, 07:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Letourneau

I certainly will be a very active participant on this board, but since Catholic is still going strong--and just notched its TENTH consecutive 20 win season, I'm going to wait until the end of the season...

mwgoonie

Does anyone know if CUA or GOU will play non-conference games with CAC teams?
Would love to play CUA out of conference! Plus its easier  for me to get to!

Warren Thompson

Who, me, a "detractor? Not really, but I am bemused by so many venues leaving the MAC for what they anticipate will be greener pastures.

Pat Coleman

Quote from: mwgoonie on February 21, 2007, 11:30:12 AM
Does anyone know if CUA or GOU will play non-conference games with CAC teams?
Would love to play CUA out of conference! Plus its easier  for me to get to!

I would be surprised if Catholic doesn't play many of the CAC schools in non-conference games, including Mary Washington.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Matt Letourneau

Well, there's a few I could do without ever seeing again...

NEPAFAN

Quote from: Matt Letourneau on February 21, 2007, 11:17:27 AM
I certainly will be a very active participant on this board, but since Catholic is still going strong--and just notched its TENTH consecutive 20 win season, I'm going to wait until the end of the season...

So am I going to have to hear this every 5th post or so like on the CAC board?
A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall.
Vince Lombardi

Salem, VA

York is trying to play Catholic as a non-confrence opponent.   i know they are trying to keep a semi rivalry that has been building over the last couple of years with the cardinals.

Ralph Turner

Quote from: ronk on February 20, 2007, 10:50:12 PM
Who decides and how in which region the Landmark(men and women)will be?
Does the MAC Commonwealth lose its pool A by retaining only 5 teams?
Will they move the women's final this year to Mass Mutual instead of Blake?

Yes it will.  In fact, 5 members is not even an official conference.

Whom will they invite to join them?

Warren Thompson

Quote from: Ralph Turner on February 22, 2007, 01:37:06 PM
Quote from: ronk on February 20, 2007, 10:50:12 PM
Who decides and how in which region the Landmark(men and women)will be?
Does the MAC Commonwealth lose its pool A by retaining only 5 teams?
Will they move the women's final this year to Mass Mutual instead of Blake?

Yes it will.  In fact, 5 members is not even an official conference.

Whom will they invite to join them?

Ralph:

I've been told that Lycoming is moving to the Commonwealth from the Freedom.
No official word on the new seventh member.

At the same time, who knows just how this will shake out? Or, perhaps, those who do know aren't talking ... yet.  ;)

Matt Letourneau

Quote from: NEPAFAN on February 22, 2007, 10:19:40 AM
Quote from: Matt Letourneau on February 21, 2007, 11:17:27 AM

So am I going to have to hear this every 5th post or so like on the CAC board?

Nah.  Maybe a few times in the beginning of the year, but until/unless we get to #11, probably not.

Next year, Catholic is going to have (literally) no seniors, and like 2 juniors, so...that's going to be interesting. 

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Ah... I believe the MAC has a couple of years to fix things before losing the AQ. They will still have it next year. And Warren... I don't think anyone in the MAC (higher-ups) knows what's going on or how to fix it. They have been very SLOW to react to something we have now known for over a year and half.

And the NCAA decides which region. Pat Coleman thinks Atlantic... I think Mid-Atlantic... and I personally think the regions need to be redrawn and conferences moved across the country. That may just be my off season project!
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Coach K

I know I am asking a lot, but can someone assemble a list of the new alignments in the MAC as they stand right now?

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: Coach K on February 23, 2007, 05:40:45 AM
I know I am asking a lot, but can someone assemble a list of the new alignments in the MAC as they stand right now?
Why don't you ask that in the MAC rooms... not the Landmark!
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

ColonelJohn4Life

Quote from: Warren Thompson on February 21, 2007, 03:12:05 PM
Who, me, a "detractor? Not really, but I am bemused by so many venues leaving the MAC for what they anticipate will be greener pastures.

Warren, you have this knack for saying what I'm thinking...
Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes.

cold_case

Quote from: Dave "d-mac" McHugh on February 23, 2007, 06:46:37 AM
Quote from: Coach K on February 23, 2007, 05:40:45 AM
Why don't you ask that in the MAC rooms... not the Landmark!

Mr. Know-it-all, instead of being a sarcastic boob, why don't you just tell Coach, unless you don't know tha answer yourself, hence, the Mr. Know-it-all tag must be lifted?