MBB: USA South Conference

Started by CNU85, March 16, 2005, 12:28:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scottiedoug

And if anyone can use extra money, it's Maryville's athletic department (and the entire school, for that matter!)

Scots13

They announced a $3.5M-ish renovation of Alumni Gym to include a new baseball locker room...didn't they come out in the Daily Times in 2016 that they had a 10 year plan to move the baseball field next to the softball field, add a natatorium, and "rotate" the football field? I guess that plan is out of the window?
Where Chilhowee's lofty mountains pierce the southern blue, proudly stands our Alma Mater
NOBLE, GRAND, and TRUE.
TO THE HILL!

scottiedoug

I always thought that plan was a pipe dream that would cost a huge amount of money....Apparently someone is paying for much of this alumni gym/baseball locker project.

scottiedoug

It was bound to happen.  Randy Lambert is retiring.  Raul Placeres is the new head coach.  The Maryville Scots will be fine!

http://www.mcscots.com/general/2018-19/releases/20180625ktsrk2

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

To be clear... he will retire after this season. Not gone, yet. :)
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

bballlover

praying all of our coastal friends stay safe

scottiedoug

Maryville ranked #22 in preseason D3 poll...who knows who knows what. May as well act like it, though.

Greek Tragedy

Teams like Pfeiffer and Berea have beaten up on some poor non-D3 teams, and some poor D3 teams as well. I'm looking forward to seeing if they can continue their ways into the conference season. I'm sure Pfeiffer's transfer Riddley isn't going to continue to average 36 a game, but that would be fun. Also, Berea's Torell Carter is off to a fast start as well, but his numbers dropped off considerably when the conference season kicked in. Hoping his freshman year helped him learn some things and he can continue his impressive play.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

scottiedoug

Covenant ran Maryville out of its own gym last night. The Real Scots have a lot of work to do if they expect to do well.  Maybe they already "expect" to and have not yet understood that they have to work to fulfill "expectations." Their senior post player appears no longer to be on the team.  Post work fallls to two freshmen.  Covenant shot lights out and their 6' 9" guy had a good game inside and out...he can shoot it and they have several guards who can too.

scottiedoug

Maryville's Colt Nokes, their senior post, has a torn ACL.  It has taken some time but maybe the Scots have figured out how to play without him.  It is not like Coach Lambert lacks experience with this kind of challenge.

scottiedoug

Anybody out there?  Maryville may have figured out what they need to be doing...beat NC Wesleyan handily at home.  They have found a rebounder, which they needed.  Covenant seems in control of their lock as the top seed but there are several who can finish second and have a decent placement for the tournament.

hasanova

Quote from: scottiedoug on January 25, 2019, 10:48:01 PM
Anybody out there?  Maryville may have figured out what they need to be doing...beat NC Wesleyan handily at home.  They have found a rebounder, which they needed.  Covenant seems in control of their lock as the top seed but there are several who can finish second and have a decent placement for the tournament.
Beating NCWC is a big deal this season.  Congratulations to the Scots!