Big games today

Started by hopefan, January 13, 2016, 01:47:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caz Bombers

Quote from: Gregory Sager on October 15, 2018, 07:02:21 PM
I'm going to guess New Rochelle. I think that the SID there must've tripped over the ottoman after he walked in the front door of his house.

I doubt that it'll be Thomas. ;)

I'll second the CNR pick, they have no SID. An undergrad intern/MBB team manager holds the title according to their website, but they don't have a real one at the moment. Might be no small part of why they haven't found a real conference to take them in yet.

hopefan

And then there were 3...Student Intern Daniel (John) Hancock gets it done for New Rochelle.... the 25 game schedule is complete and up...
GIVE THAT MAN A JOB!!!!!

So New England lays claim to the last schedule to be posted....  will it be Emerson, Wheaton, or Thomas?
The only thing not to be liked in Florida is no D3 hoops!!!

gordonmann

Thomas Emerson Wheaton sounds like someone from Ye Olde New England Towne

Pat Coleman

Quote from: gordonmann on October 16, 2018, 03:31:15 PM
Thomas Emerson Wheaton sounds like someone from Ye Olde New England Towne

I think we want to just drop an Esq. on the end of it!
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

hopefan

Oct 18.. Still no action from Emerson, Lake and Palmer... er.. Emerson, Thomas and Wheaton....

ronk

Hopefan,
  Can your app tell when schools have posted their 2018-19 rosters? I'm interested in the newcomers to the teams, where my prospects end up going, and former prospects who stop playing at a school(transfer or give up playing).

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: ronk on October 18, 2018, 04:01:15 PM
Hopefan,
  Can your app tell when schools have posted their 2018-19 rosters? I'm interested in the newcomers to the teams, where my prospects end up going, and former prospects who stop playing at a school(transfer or give up playing).

He usually does what we all do ... browse. LOL

I'm noticing more rosters wait until more of practice is underway before posting anything. I appreciate that. Anything earlier could change six ways to Sunday before the season starts. :)
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Greek Tragedy

I was going to say that I'm sure hopefan doesn't have an actual "app"... ;D
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

ronk

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on October 18, 2018, 09:15:15 PM
Hopefan,

I'm noticing more rosters wait until more of practice is underway before posting anything. I appreciate that. Anything earlier could change six ways to Sunday before the season starts. :)

I didn't think he'd make 400+ independent school schedule accesses and then multiple delinquent return accesses w/o some software help.  :o

Pat Coleman

Quote from: ronk on October 19, 2018, 08:53:20 AM
Hopefan,

I didn't think he'd make 400+ independent school schedule accesses and then multiple delinquent return accesses w/o some software help.  :o

I do think hopefan is crawling pages. ::shrug::
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

ronk

Quote from: Pat Coleman on October 19, 2018, 12:36:55 PM
Hopefan,

I do think hopefan is crawling pages. ::shrug::

And what is " crawling pages" in layman's terms?

Pat Coleman

And I actually meant to say scraping pages. You can write a script or something which will go to pages and pull information from them -- it's beyond my knowledge but I know people scrape our site to get data.

Greek Tragedy

Unfortunately, beyond mine too. Wonder if a smart guy could show me a program that would fill in all the stats from boxscores for me.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

hopefan

Hopefan,

I think (know) he would... ;) ;)

hopefan

Incidentally.... While checking a possible game date mismatch, I noticed a 4th New England school has not posted their 18-19 schedule (it's hidden behind the posted 17-18 schedule)...

Albertus Magnus joins Emerson, Thomas and Wheaton to make an inglorious quartet....