Big games today

Started by hopefan, January 13, 2016, 01:47:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

I actually did the "replace the date" trick awhile back and nothing was there for the schedule... so they finally updated it in reality (or published the link).
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

hopefan

Quote from: Pat Coleman on October 31, 2018, 12:00:21 PM
I discovered yesterday in clicking around that Mount St. Vincent's page defaults to its 2016-17 schedule. Why isn't that worthy of the same hopefan dig?

A new discovery!!!   We still have a ballgame!!!!!  Their situation is exactly the same as Wheaton's.. except they go back TWO seasons!!!
The only thing not to be liked in Florida is no D3 hoops!!!

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: hopefan on October 31, 2018, 04:45:55 PM
I discovered yesterday in clicking around that Mount St. Vincent's page defaults to its 2016-17 schedule. Why isn't that worthy of the same hopefan dig?

A new discovery!!!   We still have a ballgame!!!!!  Their situation is exactly the same as Wheaton's.. except they go back TWO seasons!!!

Not sure if they have new SIDs... but maybe they don't realize they have to change the defaults? What do other schedule pages look like for other teams on those sites?

BTW - here's another reason why I tell you, hopefan, to do that date trick with Presto websites ... instead of waiting for an SID to change the default link. :)
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

magicman

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on October 31, 2018, 11:29:55 PM
Quote from: hopefan on October 31, 2018, 04:45:55 PM

Not sure if they have new SIDs... but maybe they don't realize they have to change the defaults? What do other schedule pages look like for other teams on those sites?

BTW - here's another reason why I tell you, hopefan, to do that date trick with Presto websites ... instead of waiting for an SID to change the default link. :)

I've been doing that date trick with the schedules for a few years now and discovered that sometimes you win and sometimes you lose.

Changing the date also works many times when you're looking for last year's stats and all they show is the current year. Also works for past year's  rosters.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: hopefan on October 31, 2018, 08:56:40 AM
Quote from: Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan) on October 31, 2018, 07:57:07 AM
Quote from: hopefan on October 31, 2018, 05:10:59 AM
Wheaton (Mass.) wins!!!...errr...Loses..... Albertus Magnus schedule is posted... Leaving Wheaton as the only school NOT to have their 2018-19 schedule posted...  I guess the Staff was just too busy covering Wheaton's Football team

oh wait..... Wheaton doesn't have football.... ::) ::) ::)

https://athletics.wheatoncollege.edu/sports/mbkb/2018-19/schedule

I found this a few seconds ago.  Was it not up before?  Or are you dinging them because it says "tentative?"

Because it's "hidden".. if you hit schedule on their site, it still comes up the 17-18 schedule... most people wouldn't know to change the years in the title to get to the 18-19 schedule...

It's not hidden.  I clicked "Roster" on the menu and it came up.  The main drop down - "sports" then "men's basketball roster"  Maybe it's not linked properly on the men's basketball page, but it's public on the main athletic site and the main drop down.  Probably has been for a while.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

hopefan

Quote from: Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan) on November 01, 2018, 07:47:37 AM
Quote from: hopefan on October 31, 2018, 08:56:40 AM
Quote from: Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan) on October 31, 2018, 07:57:07 AM
Quote from: hopefan on October 31, 2018, 05:10:59 AM
Wheaton (Mass.) wins!!!...errr...Loses..... Albertus Magnus schedule is posted... Leaving Wheaton as the only school NOT to have their 2018-19 schedule posted...  I guess the Staff was just too busy covering Wheaton's Football team

oh wait..... Wheaton doesn't have football.... ::) ::) ::)

https://athletics.wheatoncollege.edu/sports/mbkb/2018-19/schedule

I found this a few seconds ago.  Was it not up before?  Or are you dinging them because it says "tentative?"

Because it's "hidden".. if you hit schedule on their site, it still comes up the 17-18 schedule... most people wouldn't know to change the years in the title to get to the 18-19 schedule...

It's not hidden.  I clicked "Roster" on the menu and it came up.  The main drop down - "sports" then "men's basketball roster"  Maybe it's not linked properly on the men's basketball page, but it's public on the main athletic site and the main drop down.  Probably has been for a while.

Ok Ryan.. I'll go through it.. D3hoops.com... Teams, Northeast... Wheaton...Men's Basketball (gets you to the Wheaton basketball site)... schedule..gives you the 17-18 schedule...
The same thing happens if you go through Wheaton College, Athletics Men's Sports, Basketball (goes to the Basketball page), schedule gives 17-18

Now then I agree, if you hit sports, then schedule listed next to the Basketball choice, it comes up correctly to 18-19..

My point is if you use D3 hoops to the school basketball site and then hit schedule, it's wrong.....and that's the natural way and first way a d3hoops fan would take...

we're both right...

Pat Coleman

Or if you go to the Wheaton site, click "basketball" under men to get to the men's basketball page, then click the schedule, you get the old one. But they've fixed it.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

hopefan

Quote from: Pat Coleman on November 01, 2018, 12:50:39 PM
Or if you go to the Wheaton site, click "basketball" under men to get to the men's basketball page, then click the schedule, you get the old one. But they've fixed it.

I'll bet someone gave them a quick call... ;) ;) ;)    That same someone may have also called Mount St. Vincent and left a message.... not yet fixed....

warriorcat

Not really a big game except it is first.

Nation wide season opener on Thursday at 12:01 am

Clark U  vs Worcester State

Are there any others who open this way?

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: warriorcat on November 05, 2018, 10:05:44 AM
Not really a big game except it is first.

Nation wide season opener on Thursday at 12:01 am

Clark U  vs Worcester State

Are there any others who open this way?

In the past, one of the NWC teams has done this as well (though, three hours later LOL)... it doesn't appear they are doing it this year. Will have to double-check.

I have actually had conversations with my alma mater about doing it instead of their "traditional" Midnight (no longer midnight) Madness. It has some interest. We shall see.

7express

I seem to recall a women's school in the central part of the country doing it 2 or 3 years ago too (I want to say Illinois College??)

hopefan

I'll try to do this as often as possible...

Here are today's "BIG GAMES"

Greenville at Loras               Greenville #1 preseason poll SLIAC, Loras #2 in ARC

John Hopkins at Moravian        Hopkins #1 preseason poll in the Centennial Conf,  Moravian (20-8) last year

Mary Hardin Baylor at Schreiner      MHB #2 preseason poll in ASC division, Schreiner #3 in SCAC

These are the games where both teams met my criterion looking at early season matchups....

hopefan

Saturday Nov 10 big games

Simpson (H)  PS #3 in the ARC vs Bethany Lutheran   PS #1 in the UMAC

Wheaton Ill (H)  PS #3 CCIW   vs Ripon  PS #2  MWC

Keene St (H)  PS # 2 LEC  vs Salem St  PS #2 MASCAC

hopefan

Nov 11 Big games

Johns Hopkins  (No 1 Centennial conf poll) at  York Pa  (No 3 Colonial AC)

Albright  (2 MACC poll) at F&M  (3 Centennial)

Letourneau (No 1 ASC Division  at Whitman (No 4 D3hoops.com)

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: hopefan on November 11, 2018, 07:05:48 AM
Nov 11 Big games

Johns Hopkins  (No 1 Centennial conf poll) at  York Pa  (No 3 Colonial AC)

Albright  (2 MACC poll) at F&M  (3 Centennial)

Letourneau (No 1 ASC Division  at Whitman (No 4 D3hoops.com)

Colonial AC? hopefan?! Typo?

Capital Athletic Conference - Capital AC :)