WBB: GSAC

Started by coachwgh, November 09, 2005, 07:30:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GSAC Killer

The Lady Scots will go undefeated in the conference again and reach the NCAA Tournament for a record 10years in a row??

scottiedoug

GSAC Killer:  Can you tell us about Dee's recruits and will Plemons get out of whatever doghouse she fell into?  I thought she was going to be a big part of why your previous post makes sense to me.

GSAC Killer

Dee will be successful with or without Plemmons.. Although she is an exceptional player her lack of commitment to her academics and consistency on getting better as a basketball players have got her in the doghouse and basically kicked off the team for good...
  Dee can possibly make it to the Final Four next season. He has a recruit I helped him out with coming in from Miami and a big girl he recruited from Seymour who will be impact players this season.. 1st Team All Freshman and one of them will be Freshman of the Year...

scottiedoug

It is too bad about Plemmons.  She is great fun to watch play!  Then again, Maryville College is also a pretty serious school and I would not want it otherwise.

Good luck in Sevier County!

GSAC Killer

Its a 50-50 deal with Coach Bell.. You take care of your business in the classroom then the other 50 you deserve. Its a priviledge to play College basketball but education always has to come first..

Hopefully we can turn around GP to a winnning ball club...  Coach Beaty and I have a lot to work on... It should be fun! Thanks for the luck we will need it..

scottiedoug

If you two cannot do it, then it cannot be done.

GottaHaveHeart

GSAC Killer:

Seems as if last year MC didn't have a problem scoring, but had problems, especially in the NCAA tournament stopping people. What has he done to upgrade on the defensive end and who will take up the scoring slack since Plemmons seems to be history?

Final Four? Wow....will the 5 new peeps make that much of a different combining with the returning players?

GSAC Killer

I think Coach Bell has learned a lot in mixing up defenses.. In my opinion we got bette ron defense as teh season went along. We went from strictly a pressing team to a team who mixed it up  a lot. I believe the system we both implemented last year will benefit even more this year just because its a core group coming back doing it for a second time.

The offensive slack will be picked up by Natalie and the surprise of the upcomign season Beth Reed.. If she works on her game the way I think she would you might be talking about the player of the year in the Conference this year.. Melissa Uner also needs to shoot the ball more...
  I think the recruits and returning players have a legitimate chance at making the Final Four...
  And then hopefully someoen will see how TALENTED COACH BELL IS and give him a Full Time Coaching job which he so deserves...

GottaHaveHeart

Pretty high expectations for a team who got bounced in the 2nd round last year by 20+ and lost their second leading scorer.

You only spoke of 2 freshman, the guard from Miami and the post from Seymour. What about the 2 kids from Farragut and the kid from Walker Valley. What do they bring and will they get any minutes? Will he have the depth to play 10 deep again this year, which I felt helped and hurt at times last year.

Since you and the young lady have moved on, congrats also, who will assist Dee?

GSAC Killer

I dont think the 10 player rotation hurt us at all... Are mind set in the beginning of the year was a little different than towards the end..
  The guard from Faragaut is good.. I like her size...
    Starters in my opinion of course:
Beth Reed                      Karina Gass
Melissa Uner                   Jenny Hinds
Collen                             Faragaut Guard
Summer                          Seymour Forward
Natalie Munday               Katie Saxe
   Thats my Top 10... On his assistant dont have a clue...

GottaHaveHeart

Isn't Whitney returning? If so, didn't she play alot last year and even started a few games. Where does she fit in the picture?

GSAC Killer

My comments are based on what I see and would do if I was the man in charge.. I dont like Whitney's game... Does not fit with what I would like to do...

GottaHaveHeart

Have you been to any of their open gyms so far?  How far away is Natalie from being ready to play with that foot?

Why would you start Collen in front of Katie when Katie was a starter last year? Who would run the point in the second group, thats knows the offense well enough, if Collen started?

Also, looking at last season's cumulative stats, scoring could be a problem, if someone doesn't step up. They should get tested in the Va tournament, don't you think?

GSAC Killer

No I have not... Work has got me away from the MC life.. I would start Colleen at the 2 because I think it fits her game more. I don't think she makes the best decisions in the world.. The PG coming in from Miami is as good or better than all of the freshman PG's who have come to MC in 5 to 6 years..
With a line-up of Collen, Beth, and Uner you have 3 lock down defenders at the wing.. It also provides a preesing team.. Katie Saxe in my opinion , if she did not get better this summer should be replaced in the starting line-up..

Scoring won't be an issue because Dee will put the girls in the right situation to score points.. Trust me losing Andy, Rese, and Parton is a big deal becasue of there maturity and strengths but the line-up I put out there will be a succesful one !!! But remember I am not the man in charge...
  Dee and myself learned a lot about coaching in the beginning of a season and I know you will see a better start this season with the Lady Scots!!

scottiedoug

Killer;  You never mention Stache.  Can she fit Dee's system and contribute?