WBB: Landmark Conference

Started by Dave 'd-mac' McHugh, February 20, 2007, 07:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ronk

Quote from: Pat Coleman on March 09, 2020, 10:17:11 AM
I'm just surprised that this is what the focus is coming out of that game.

There's been an inconsistent (non)application of the rule which could affect any game in the future. Consistency of officiating across D3 has been the objective according to whomever Dave McHugh has interviewed in the recent past concerning the subject. This fails that objective.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: ronk on March 09, 2020, 12:16:40 PM

There's been an inconsistent (non)application of the rule which could affect any game in the future. Consistency of officiating across D3 has been the objective according to whomever Dave McHugh has interviewed in the recent past concerning the subject. This fails that objective.

Maybe it does ... but it STILL doesn't take away from the responsibility the institution has to have things in order. You guys keep trying to force the blame elsewhere. Sure, officials haven't called it and I am not sure why ... BUT institutions should always be checking their equipment, buildings, whatever to be sure things are up to "code" as it where. Settings can get changed as well, but that doesn't mean "we checked it four years ago and it was fine" is permissible.

Maybe we find out why it wasn't called by officials in previous events ... but that doesn't remove any responsibility from the school. Do we only wait for the infraction to be brought up or deemed an official violation before we check things?
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

ronk

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on March 09, 2020, 02:16:10 PM
Quote from: ronk on March 09, 2020, 12:16:40 PM

Maybe it does ... but it STILL doesn't take away from the responsibility the institution has to have things in order. You guys keep trying to force the blame elsewhere. Sure, officials haven't called it and I am not sure why ... BUT institutions should always be checking their equipment, buildings, whatever to be sure things are up to "code" as it where. Settings can get changed as well, but that doesn't mean "we checked it four years ago and it was fine" is permissible.

Maybe we find out why it wasn't called by officials in previous events ... but that doesn't remove any responsibility from the school. Do we only wait for the infraction to be brought up or deemed an official violation before we check things?

Haven't forced the blame elsewhere at all; if it's with the AD - fine; it just hasn't been stated at this time if it's with Scranton, the refs, or the NCAA.

Pat Coleman

Honestly, this subtopic has gone on a page too long. Nobody's responsibility but University of Scranton to make sure that the Long Center meets requirements.

Everything else is really irrelevant.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

NEPAFAN

Quote from: Pat Coleman on March 09, 2020, 02:32:01 PM
Honestly, this subtopic has gone on a page too long. Nobody's responsibility but University of Scranton to make sure that the Long Center meets requirements.

Got it. See you next year!  ;D
A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall.
Vince Lombardi

ronk

Quote from: Pat Coleman on March 09, 2020, 02:32:01 PM

Here's the memo from the NCAA(Dec 2018) wrt the shot clock light situation:
https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/championships/sports/basketball/rules/common/Dec2018PRXBB_ShotClockRedLEDMemo.pdf

The directive was sent to ADs and basketball head coaches; a waiver of compliance could be granted for the rest of the 2018-19 season but it would be required starting with the 2019-20 season. Scranton's women's HC was new after this directive, but the AD and the men's coach should have known about it.

saratoga

Good find Ronk.

Mystery solved.

Dave should thank his lucky stars the Lady Royal loss was greater than 2. ::)

Rofrog

Ronk great find!I just think it is terrible when a guy that says let's talk sports in a positive way,Tells you that this topic has been going on way to long because he or his staff had no idea how to explain it.So they throw in this subject has been going on way to long!First it is a posting up board weather you run the site or dont like what people say it says posting up!Second it really disturbed me the other day when Dave said to Ronk I cant believe you questioned me another words how dare you question me!I will be back next season unless Coleman decides to throw me off because I speak the truth.Good luck to the National champs in Women it will he one of the nescac teams because they have a monopoly on the NCAA and it showed that when they said we will not let fans in and Karin Harvey and her clowns said okay that is fine.Maybe next year they will have nescavin the final four it is a disgrace to the game for not allowing fans attend their Daughters last game.Way to go Amherst your a joke.Need not apply!See you next year done with d3 hoops this year I feel sorry for the fans.

kate

Holy smokes, Rofrog, my beloved Aggies won just one game this season, but i hope somebody will throw me off the site if i come across with such sour grapes!

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: Rofrog on March 10, 2020, 03:00:45 AM
Ronk great find!I just think it is terrible when a guy that says let's talk sports in a positive way,Tells you that this topic has been going on way to long because he or his staff had no idea how to explain it.So they throw in this subject has been going on way to long!First it is a posting up board weather you run the site or dont like what people say it says posting up!Second it really disturbed me the other day when Dave said to Ronk I cant believe you questioned me another words how dare you question me!I will be back next season unless Coleman decides to throw me off because I speak the truth.Good luck to the National champs in Women it will he one of the nescac teams because they have a monopoly on the NCAA and it showed that when they said we will not let fans in and Karin Harvey and her clowns said okay that is fine.Maybe next year they will have nescavin the final four it is a disgrace to the game for not allowing fans attend their Daughters last game.Way to go Amherst your a joke.Need not apply!See you next year done with d3 hoops this year I feel sorry for the fans.

Please show me where I said "I can't believe you questioned me." I can't seem to find it.

And we have had extensive coverage of the decisions made with Amherst and others. It is a constantly changing story - one that is giving me an ongoing headache. I think you have either rushed to judgement on some things (because I clearly stated on Hoopsville I felt that Karin Harvey and her committee appear to have their hands tied a bit on this) or not getting the entire story. It is one that is still changing to this day.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

saratoga

UofS recruits for 2020/21 are now posted on their Twitter site.
Let's play 2.

NEPAFAN

Quote from: saratoga on May 07, 2020, 08:40:46 PM

UofS recruits for 2020/21 are now posted on their Twitter site.
Let's play 2.

Nice to see.
A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall.
Vince Lombardi

ronk

Family of Jamie Roberts(former Catholic U asst bball coach) sponsors a full-time assistant position for the Catholic women's program:

https://www.catholicathletics.com/sports/wbkb/2019-20/releases/20200616o194ta

I first met Jamie when she was working out 1 summer at the fitness center to which I belonged; never passing up a possible prospect, I found out that she was already in college and playing for St. Mary's(MD). As luck would have it, that winter Scranton played St. Mary's in the Gettysburg Holiday tourney and I got to talk with her again at the game. She then graduated and hired on as the CU assistant coach and I would talk with her each recruiting summer @ AAU tourneys and @ the Scranton-Catholic game in the winter.

ronk

No news yet on the bball schedule; we did hear last year about this time so maybe in the next week or so. One of the Poinsettia Classic teams canceled recently so there's an open spot at this time.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: ronk on June 20, 2020, 01:27:31 AM
No news yet on the bball schedule; we did hear last year about this time so maybe in the next week or so. One of the Poinsettia Classic teams canceled recently so there's an open spot at this time.

Remember ... a number of schools (including Scranton) have furloughed staff. There very likely could be delays in things like schedule releases and the like because staff are not allowed to be doing any work while furloughed.