2014 West Regional - McMinnville, OR

Started by Westside, May 07, 2014, 03:09:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colorado

Quote from: SoCalSoxFan on May 08, 2014, 11:16:23 AM
Quote from: Whatagame on May 07, 2014, 11:27:00 PM
[
Chapman can't host a regional because there is no snack bar at Hart Park.  Weak!

But there are always fiesta's and party's going on in the Park.  Somebody is always cooking carne asada...
I've been tempted to ask to buy some because it smells so good.

Plus, the ice cream/snack guys who push their carts selling to all the kids and parents at the Park... that should count!

Hart Park has its limited charms of which the ice cream guy may be the highlight. But if Chapman ever hosted again, then I would suggest: Get a permit, round up a half dozen gourmet food trucks and put them up in the grass area behind the stands. Other than avoiding a few foul balls, the city gets some income, the trucks do well and the fans get fed a pretty broad menu of odd delights. And to make it even more festive/profitable, I'd invite every little league and pony league in the area, have a clinic, autograph sessions, HR Derby's, get Mickey, Donald and Goofy to throw out the first pitch and let the kiddies run out with the fielders to start the game.

Whatagame

Quote from: Colorado on May 08, 2014, 01:28:09 PM
[
Chapman can't host a regional because there is no snack bar at Hart Park.  Weak!

But there are always fiesta's and party's going on in the Park.  Somebody is always cooking carne asada...

Plus, the ice cream/snack guys who push their carts selling to all the kids and parents at the Park... that should count!

Hart Park has its limited charms of which the ice cream guy may be the highlight. But if Chapman ever hosted again, then I would suggest: Get a permit, round up a half dozen gourmet food trucks and put them up in the grass area behind the stands. Other than avoiding a few foul balls, the city gets some income, the trucks do well and the fans get fed a pretty broad menu of odd delights. And to make it even more festive/profitable, I'd invite every little league and pony league in the area, have a clinic, autograph sessions, HR Derby's, get Mickey, Donald and Goofy to throw out the first pitch and let the kiddies run out with the fielders to start the game.

Now you're talkin'!!  I like it, I like it.  Next year!

Jack Parkman

Quote from: Colorado on May 08, 2014, 01:28:09 PM
[

Seriously, that would be great if that could happen, especially the clinic to give some exposure to d3 in So Cal.

tigerfan_2001

Because Money factors into the regional bids, I am going with this as the final West Region

Linfield
Cal Lu * flight
Trinity *Flight
Pac Lu *Bus
ASC Winner * Flight
Chapman *Flight

I could see Chapman out and someone flown in, but I can't see Pac Lu not getting a bid since they are a bus team

108 Stitches

What sense does that make? You still have to fly a team in.

Chapman has a higher regional ranking than PLU, the fact that PLU is local likely gets them in over someone else because of this. 

tigerfan_2001

Quote from: 108 Stitches on May 08, 2014, 04:24:44 PM

Chapman has a higher regional ranking than PLU, the fact that PLU is local likely gets them in over someone else because of this.

Because Chapman is a flight and PLU is a bus, PLU is in, in my opinion.  If the committee chooses to keep the west an All West Region, then Chapman is in also.  If, however, there are more deserving Pool C teams out there, then someone gets shipped in to the West and Chapman stays home

Jack Parkman

Quote from: tigerfan_2001 on May 08, 2014, 04:33:46 PM

Because Chapman is a flight and PLU is a bus, PLU is in, in my opinion.  If the committee chooses to keep the west an All West Region, then Chapman is in also.  If, however, there are more deserving Pool C teams out there, then someone gets shipped in to the West and Chapman stays home

I think the Regional Rankings ill tll the story and if George Fox and PLU are both in the top 6 I could see Chapman getting bumped out.  If not, I see it as this:

1. Linfield
2. Cal Lu
3. Trinity
4. PLU
5. ASC Winner
6. Capman

OR

1. Linfield
2. Cal Lu
3. Trinity
4. PLU
5. George Fox
6. ASC Winner

tigerfan_2001

Quote from: Jack Parkman on May 08, 2014, 04:46:43 PM

I think the Regional Rankings ill tll the story and if George Fox and PLU are both in the top 6 I could see Chapman getting bumped out.  If not, I see it as this:

1. Linfield
2. Cal Lu
3. Trinity
4. PLU
5. ASC Winner
6. Capman

OR

1. Linfield
2. Cal Lu
3. Trinity
4. PLU
5. George Fox
6. ASC Winner

agreed.  I just hope the committee sets it up so that the first round games are all new matchups. 

Jack Parkman

Quote from: tigerfan_2001 on May 08, 2014, 04:53:54 PM
Quote from: Jack Parkman on May 08, 2014, 04:46:43 PM

1. Linfield
2. Cal Lu
3. Trinity
4. PLU
5. ASC Winner
6. Capman

OR

1. Linfield
2. Cal Lu
3. Trinity
4. PLU
5. George Fox
6. ASC Winner

agreed.  I just hope the committee sets it up so that the first round games are all new matchups.

I believe it is a rule that o conference opponents will face each other in the 1st round.

108 Stitches

Jack makes sense, I can see GF in and Chapman out based on cost. We will know once they get regional rankings done.

Jack Parkman

And PLU's bubble just shattered.

1. Linfield
2. Cal Lu
3. Trinity
4. George Fox
5. Concordia
6. Chapman

Unless Concordia loses the ASC tournament I think this is exactly how it ends, unless Concordia wins more games and they get the 4 seed and GF is the 5.

108 Stitches

Chapman is a CTX fan right now. If CTX loses then Chapman could be forced down and out. CTX is up 1-0 right now on UMHB top 3. They had a runner thrown out at home also so they are hitting the UHMB pitcher.

Colorado

Suddenly, I have become a big fan of the Tornados. They are up 2-1 at the end of 6.  I think Jack's analysis is dead on. For Chapman to stay ranked in the West and hopefully lock in their selection chances, Concordia needs to win the ASC.

tigerfan_2001

Quote from: Jack Parkman on May 08, 2014, 06:28:13 PM
And PLU's bubble just shattered.

1. Linfield
2. Cal Lu
3. Trinity
4. George Fox
5. Concordia
6. Chapman

Unless Concordia loses the ASC tournament I think this is exactly how it ends, unless Concordia wins more games and they get the 4 seed and GF is the 5.
jack-

PAC Lu was 4th in last weeks regional ranking and GF wasn't ranked. Why do you think GF jumps back in when plu took 2 of 3 from GF in conference play.

NWBaseballFan10

Quote from: tigerfan_2001 on May 08, 2014, 10:11:24 PM

PAC Lu was 4th in last weeks regional ranking and GF wasn't ranked. Why do you think GF jumps back in when plu took 2 of 3 from GF in conference play.

IMO, the quality of wins is the difference. PLU went 0-4 against Linfield and lost a single game to Cal Lu. Fox went 2-3 against Linfield and with the respect that Linfield has been receiving all season, those 2 wins are going to carry a lot of weight. Aside from this, their resumes are pretty similar (It's unfortunate for PLU since they took the season series against Fox).