Shirts, and stickers and decals oh my!

Started by cawcdad, November 01, 2007, 05:28:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: Caz Bombers on August 08, 2018, 10:58:03 PM
this last page got me looking at the D3Hoops standings page to see if I could pronounce every name...there are some interesting ones out there in Division III for sure, I think I can say all the New York/New England/New Jersey, most of the Mid-Atlantic, but I got stuck on ones like Redlands and Northland, do you hit that A or is it like Maryland...nothing sounded right when I tried to say Gustavus Adolphus, Fontbonne or Averett.

You are overthinking it... and mispronouncing Maryland :) Though, your hard A works for Averett, but there is a hard a in Gustavus, but NOT in Adolphus. :)

Quote from: FCGrizzliesGrad on August 08, 2018, 11:33:50 PM
That should be the next feature to be added to team pages. A little audio button like on wikipedia where you can hear a clip of the pronunciation.

Easier said than done... tried this project for years just as a behind the scenes thing ... takes a lot to put it all together. It's been a brain child of mine for quite some time.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

HSCTiger74

Swarthmore Athletics sticker on the rear window of an SUV at my church in Charlotte yesterday.
TANSTAAFL

jknezek

Trinity TX sticker on a Lexus SUV in Birmingham AL this a.m.

Bishopleftiesdad

On the Amazon Prime series Bosch. His daughter gets accepted into Chapman University.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bosch_(TV_series)

gordonmann

I saw a University of Mount Union window decal in the parking lot at Delaware Valley University during the Aggies' football game against Alvernia.

Maybe someone on one of the coaching staffs went there?

JCUStreaks70

Last week driving through Wheaton, IL. on my way to Dry City Brew Works (shameless plug for any Western Suburban Craft Beer drinkers out there), and the car in front of me had both a Wheaton (not a surprise in Wheaton) and Capital U. bumper sticker. Fun to see another car repping the OAC
AMDG

2016 OAC CHAMPS! AND MY OWN SELF-PROCLAIMED RUNNERS-UP TO THE RUNNERS-UP.

sigma one

Linfield t-shirt on a guy in a deli in Tubac, Arizona.  We talked DIII FB for 10 minutes.

NCF

John Carroll football shirt in the Target in Tinley Park, Illinois.
CCIW FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13
CCIW  MEN"S INDOOR TRACK CHAMPIONS: TOTAL DOMINATION SINCE 2001.
CCIW MEN'S OUTDOOR TRACK CHAMPIONS: 35
NATIONAL CHAMPIONS: INDOOR TRACK-'89,'10,'11,'12/OUTDOOR TRACK: '89,'94,'98,'00,'10,'11
2013 OAC post season pick-em tri-champion
2015 CCIW Pick-em co-champion

JCUStreaks70

Quote from: NCF on October 06, 2018, 07:12:54 PM

It wasn't me, but I have a very good idea who that SOB was! lol Onward On!
AMDG

NCF

Quote from: JCUStreaks70 on October 08, 2018, 10:03:32 AM

And I was going to say hello. If I ever see him again I will. :D

CCIW FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13
CCIW  MEN"S INDOOR TRACK CHAMPIONS: TOTAL DOMINATION SINCE 2001.
CCIW MEN'S OUTDOOR TRACK CHAMPIONS: 35
NATIONAL CHAMPIONS: INDOOR TRACK-'89,'10,'11,'12/OUTDOOR TRACK: '89,'94,'98,'00,'10,'11
2013 OAC post season pick-em tri-champion
2015 CCIW Pick-em co-champion

JCUStreaks70

Quote from: NCF on October 08, 2018, 10:17:38 AM
Quote from: JCUStreaks70 on October 08, 2018, 10:03:32 AM

And I was going to say hello. If I ever see him again I will. :D

You should... We Streaks are a friendly people!
AMDG

Pat Coleman

On a major road in the Eagle Rock area of Los Angeles on Saturday, less than a mile from Occidental's campus, I parked behind a car which had a Western Connecticut State University alumni sticker. That was unexpected! It's a long way from Danbury.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

roocru

A Carnegie Mellon alumni sticker on the back windshield of a female driver on I-10 in Houston, Texas.
Anything that you ardently desire, vividly imagine, totally believe and enthusiastically pursue will inevitably come to pass !!!

02 Warhawk

In anticipation of the big game tomorrow, I saw a guy in my office (who I had no idea went to SJU) rocking a Johnnie shirt. Of course I had to stop him in the hallway and talk about the game and the passing of Gagliardi.

ADL70

While watching a program on PBS about volcanoes in DR of Congo, there was a young African boy wearing an Ithaca College t-shirt.
SPARTANS...PREPARE FOR GLORY
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO
Think beyond the possible.
Compete, Win, Respect, Unite