MBB: University Athletic Association

Started by Allen M. Karon, February 21, 2005, 08:19:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BUBeaverFan

Good luck Bears! 

I hope lots of Wash U fans will be able to make it to the west suburbs of Chicago for tonights game.  Wash U had a great contingent last Saturday night in Elmhurst.

hopefan

Wash U Wheaton     Great game, great atmosphere  -  first time I ever sat amongst the Wash U family - finally worked up the 'courage' to introduce myself to some people and was immediately taken in as one of the gang - really fun knowing which parents belong to which players - and the Wheaton crowd - any misgivings regarding the seating problems of last week were quickly erased - it was handled this weekend perfectly, and all the great impressions I had of Wheaton from my visits 15 years ago played out - wonderful crowd, even with many students on Spring break, and I especially loved how many young kids were there, painted up, cheering for Wheaton....  a packed house of really nice people.....  For whoever wins St T - Wash U, beware of the upset in Salem...  after seeing the quality last night, the winner will be a huge favorite in Salem.
The only thing not to be liked in Florida is no D3 hoops!!!

quaj

Quote from: hopefan on March 14, 2009, 10:04:15 AM
   Wash U Wheaton     Great game, great atmosphere  -  first time I ever sat amongst the Wash U family - finally worked up the 'courage' to introduce myself to some people and was immediately taken in as one of the gang - really fun knowing which parents belong to which players - and the Wheaton crowd - any misgivings regarding the seating problems of last week were quickly erased - it was handled this weekend perfectly, and all the great impressions I had of Wheaton from my visits 15 years ago played out - wonderful crowd, even with many students on Spring break, and I especially loved how many young kids were there, painted up, cheering for Wheaton....  a packed house of really nice people.....  For whoever wins St T - Wash U, beware of the upset in Salem...  after seeing the quality last night, the winner will be a huge favorite in Salem.

I couldn't agree more. There was a fairly large number of Wheaton fans looking to scalp tickets despite it being Spring Break. I was very pleased with the Wash. U. turnout and could hear the chants of 'We are Wash. U.' Lots of parents and alumni out there.
The kids down near the baseline were fun as well taunting Wallis and Nading when they were at the line.  Props to Wheaton for putting up a great fight especially with that lay-up at the 3 minute mark for the lead. King Arena went crazy with Wheaton fans shooting to their feet and cheering their lungs out.  It's going to be a close game tonight as well so Go Bears!

Marty Peretz

My feed gave out...anyone else having the same problem/know how to fix it? ahhhhhhhh.

magicman

Quote from: Marty Peretz on March 14, 2009, 08:11:36 PM
My feed gave out...anyone else having the same problem/know how to fix it? ahhhhhhhh.

No but Wash U is up 53-48.

Scrub023

Wash U.-72 St.Thomas-57 with 3:00 left

Scrubbalicious...

magicman

Washington U just dominates St Thomas in the 2nd half to come away with a
79-64 victory. Tyler Nading with a huge game  Wallis  and Thompson also come up big .

Wash U women advance to the Final Four as well.

Tyler Nading with 28 pts. Aaron Thompson with 17 pts and 9 rebounds. Sean Wallis with 13 pts and 10 assists.

pabegg

Congrats to Coach Edwards and my Bears on another run to Salem.

If I'm not mistaken, they're now 8-0 on CCIW courts in this three-year run.

It's hard to believe just how much this team steps up when they have to.

I wish that I was healthy and could make the drive to Salem.

pbrooks3

I believe Wash U has got to be the favorite again. Though Guilford is a sleeper looking to slay another!
🏀🏀🏀

Marty Peretz

Salem here we come! More thoughts to come later...

jagluski

Quote from: pabegg on March 14, 2009, 09:57:27 PM

The first loss for our Bears this year was at Elmhurst.  Congrats Bears!

BUBeaverFan

Glad I got to be in Wheaton to see the Bears clinch another trip to the final four in Salem.  AT's Dad's team won their district championship in overtime on Saturday afternoon and we were able to scurry down the turnpike to Chicago.  We missed the first 10 minutes of the first half but we were there for the Bear's big run.  Congrat Bears!  Tyler had a monster game, AT and Sean played really well. Cam Smith had a great defensive weekend.  GO BEARS!

quaj

Quote from: WashU33Fan on March 15, 2009, 01:29:02 AM
Glad I got to be in Wheaton to see the Bears clinch another trip to the final four in Salem.  AT's Dad's team won their district championship in overtime on Saturday afternoon and we were able to scurry down the turnpike to Chicago.  We missed the first 10 minutes of the first half but we were there for the Bear's big run.  Congrat Bears!  Tyler had a monster game, AT and Sean played really well. Cam Smith had a great defensive weekend.  GO BEARS!

I'm a little sad I missed it because I was at Wash. U. last year when they clinched their ticket to the Final Four. On the other hand, I did get to see the Wash. U. women clinch on the way back to St. Louis and their game went to the last second. Wash. U. in the Final Four for both men and women. I still can't believe it. GO BEARS!

y_jack_lok

Article on last night's game, with some very nice comments by the St. Thomas players and coaches, on the St. Thomas website.

http://www.tommiesports.com/mbb/news/Final_3-14.html

pabegg

Quote from: jagluski on March 14, 2009, 10:40:26 PM
Quote from: pabegg on March 14, 2009, 09:57:27 PM

The first loss for our Bears this year was at Elmhurst.  Congrats Bears!
Sorry, I meant in the NCAAs.