MBB: University Athletic Association

Started by Allen M. Karon, February 21, 2005, 08:19:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fcnews

Congrats to the Wash U. Bears. Bring the title back home to the STL. West of the Mississippi. ;D

Titan Q

Quote from: pabegg on March 15, 2009, 12:09:08 PM
Quote from: jagluski on March 14, 2009, 10:40:26 PM
Quote from: pabegg on March 14, 2009, 09:57:27 PM
Congrats to Coach Edwards and my Bears on another run to Salem.

If I'm not mistaken, they're now 8-0 on CCIW courts in this three-year run.

It's hard to believe just how much this team steps up when they have to.

I wish that I was healthy and could make the drive to Salem.

The first loss for our Bears this year was at Elmhurst.  Congrats Bears!
Sorry, I meant in the NCAAs.

Wash U's tournament results from this run...

Fontbonne (home), 77-58
Whitworth (home), 63-61
@ UW-Stevens Point, 78-66
vs Hope (@ UW-Stevens Point), 58-55

Virginia Wesleyan (Salem), 65-67 (L)
Wooster (Salem), 92-84

Wooster (@ Augustana), 79-74
@ Augustana, 70-67 (OT)
Buena Vista (home), 85-77 (OT)
Millsaps (home), 57-46

Hope (Salem), 89-74
Amherst (Salem), 90-68

Lawrence (@ Elmhurst), 67-65
Whitewater (@ Elmhurst), 73-70
@ Wheaton, 55-52
St. Thomas (@ Wheaton), 79-64

So 6-0 on CCIW courts during the run (4 were neutral court games).

Wash U is 15-1 in the NCAA tournament in this span.

pabegg

Quote from: Titan Q on March 15, 2009, 05:48:41 PM
Wash U's tournament results from this run...

Fontbonne (home), 77-58
Whitworth (home), 63-61
@ UW-Stevens Point, 78-66
vs Hope (@ UW-Stevens Point), 58-55

Virginia Wesleyan (Salem), 65-67 (L)
Wooster (Salem), 92-84

Wooster (@ Augustana), 79-74
@ Augustana, 70-67 (OT)
Buena Vista (home), 85-77 (OT)
Millsaps (home), 57-46

Hope (Salem), 89-74
Amherst (Salem), 90-68

Lawrence (@ Elmhurst), 67-65
Whitewater (@ Elmhurst), 73-70
@ Wheaton, 55-52
St. Thomas (@ Wheaton), 79-64

So 6-0 on CCIW courts during the run (4 were neutral court games).

Wash U is 15-1 in the NCAA tournament in this span.

Thanks, Bob. For some reason I was thinking that the UWSP sectional was at a CCIW site.

CCIWchamps

Congrats Wash U!  As a Wheaton fan I'm pulling for you to win in Salem.  I just hope you have a larger following than those boys in the fatigues on Saturday.  If they travel with you, teach them some class in their cheers and jeers.  Other than that, congrats on a great weekend in Wheaton.  Good luck next weekend!

quaj

Quote from: CCIWchamps on March 15, 2009, 10:54:28 PM
Congrats Wash U!  As a Wheaton fan I'm pulling for you to win in Salem.  I just hope you have a larger following than those boys in the fatigues on Saturday.  If they travel with you, teach them some class in their cheers and jeers.  Other than that, congrats on a great weekend in Wheaton.  Good luck next weekend!

Thanks for your well wishes. I was in Wheaton for the Sweet 16 game but not the Wash. U./St. Thomas game and I must say I really admired the spirit of Wheaton fans. When Wheaton took the lead with three minutes to go for the first time, the spectacle of an entire gym erupting into cheers and people leaping to their feet was amazing. I especially enjoyed the little kids in front of the stands trying to distract Wash. U. players when they were shooting free throws. When I first saw the line for tickets on Friday evening, I was shocked especially considering that Wheaton was on Spring Break. Several people even asked to buy a ticket off me.

I was also impressed after the game was over when both teams formed a circle on the court and prayed together. I don't know what would be the proper word to describe it but it was nice to see that things were left out on the court.  That was one memorable game and could have easily been played in Salem. I'm sure there will be a larger following for Salem especially if fan buses pull through. But students are faced with the tough choice between Salem for the men, Holland for the women and participating in Relay for Life.

hopefan

ok -  I'm thinking of going down to Salem - but my rider from last year has just gotten too burned out on SLIAC hoops this year to take the trip from St Louis - so readers....

what are my options?
is there a bus going down for parents, grads, adults  -  no, I won't be the old guy on a student bus...

anybody need company going down to help pay costs?   Big Wash U fan, non smoker - talkative or quiet, whatever you want

I'll even drive, but I need a rider to keep me alert....

Really would hope to make arrangements by Tuesday.....

Feel free to PM me (personal message)

This is a shot in the dark, but I would really like to go down

Last year we drove down--leaving at 3AM arriving at 2:30 well before the game...

The only thing not to be liked in Florida is no D3 hoops!!!

loveofthegameq

First time poster to the UAA message boards.  Alum of the Iowa Conference.  Saw where there was a posting for the University of Chicago assistant coaching position.  Wanted to see of there were any University of Chicago supporters or anyone from the league that could give me more info?  Did an assistant leave or are they adding a position? Any info on the style of play? Type of school? Thanks for your help!

Mr. Ypsi

I wonder if any school has ever had quite the d3 basketball day that Wash U had Saturday - both teams making the Final Four by downing undefeated #1-ranked teams! WOW! :o

pabegg

One of the things about this WashU team is their ability to string together runs. Here's what I've compiled:

For each game, I've listed runs of 8-0 or better (or longer runs that were slightly interrupted).

North Park 9-0, 11-0, 9-0
Colorado College 9-0, 12-0
Augustana 10-0
Aurora 16-0, 9-0
Hamilton 11-0 (18-2), 14-0
Illinois Wesleyan 8-0
Fontbonne 11-0
Eureka 12-0
Elmhurst 8-0, 8-0
Webster 9-0, 10-0
Chicago 8-0
Case 10-0, 9-0
Emory 12-0, 9-0
Rochester 14-0
Carnegie 9-0 (14-2), 17-0
Brandeis 7-0 (11-1)
NYU 21-0
Brandeis 10-0
Emory 9-0
Case 11-0, 9-0
Rochester 11-0
Chicago 14-0
Lawrence 10-0, 14-0
UW-Whitewater 11-0, 14-0
Wheaton 8-0
St. Thomas 15-0

In only three games they didn't have a major run: Anderson, 2nd NYU, 2nd Carnegie

BUBeaverFan

Quote from: pabegg on March 17, 2009, 04:16:24 PM
One of the things about this WashU team is their ability to string together runs. Here's what I've compiled:

For each game, I've listed runs of 8-0 or better (or longer runs that were slightly interrupted).

North Park 9-0, 11-0, 9-0
Colorado College 9-0, 12-0
Augustana 10-0
Aurora 16-0, 9-0
Hamilton 11-0 (18-2), 14-0
Illinois Wesleyan 8-0
Fontbonne 11-0
Eureka 12-0
Elmhurst 8-0, 8-0
Webster 9-0, 10-0
Chicago 8-0
Case 10-0, 9-0
Emory 12-0, 9-0
Rochester 14-0
Carnegie 9-0 (14-2), 17-0
Brandeis 7-0 (11-1)
NYU 21-0
Brandeis 10-0
Emory 9-0
Case 11-0, 9-0
Rochester 11-0
Chicago 14-0
Lawrence 10-0, 14-0
UW-Whitewater 11-0, 14-0
Wheaton 8-0
St. Thomas 15-0

In only three games they didn't have a major run: Anderson, 2nd NYU, 2nd Carnegie

Oh no! This is the sort of thing Darryl loves, I can see him incorporating something like this into a future program.  :D

Hugenerd

Congrats to Aaron Thompson for being named first team in the Midwest.  Sean Wallis only made the 2nd team, which may hurt his chances at 1st team all-america (has it ever happened where a player made 2nd team in the region and first team all-america?). Tyler Nading also made the 2nd team.

Big snub in the great lakes, as Ryan Einwag from CMU didnt make any team.

Preseason 1st team All-America Steve DeLuca did not make any of the region teams either, which I think makes him eligible for any of the all-america teams.

Mike C. made first team in the east

BUBeaverFan

Congrats to all of the All-Region selection.  AT had a great year as did the entire Wash U team. Congrats AT!

nescac1

These twins headed to NYU are a big pick-up for the UAA:

http://www.newenglandrecruitingreport.com/news/article/737/Stockmals-Make-Their-Pick.php

MIT was supposedly their other finalist, and they also received a lot of interest from NESCAC and some interest from the Ivy League.  Kyle Stockmal broke former teammate Anthony Coppola's scoring record, and he is one of the top players in NEWMAC as only a sophomore. 

mark_reichert

There's a nice writeup in Notables on the WashU programs by Andrei Berman, focusing on the closeness of the teams that UAA style road trips foster:

http://www.d3hoops.com/notables/2009/03/19/off-the-floor-bears-all-friends.html

woowashu

Well, looks like D.T. will get to see the games this weekend after all. 

Great season for Aaron Thompson's alma mater, the Elida Bulldogs!  But at least now, Coach/Father Denny and Manager/Brother Aric will get to see Aaron defend Wash U's title!
Proper Preparation Prevents Poor Performance