WBB: Coast-To-Coast Athletic Conference

Started by Clint Often, February 16, 2005, 03:20:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VT-Alum-NOVA

NCAA rigidity in mileage also plays here.  Tufts is 619 miles from CNU while CNU to Amherst is 560 miles?  so if computer had said 590 miles for Tufts, they would have been screwed.  In other words, 19 miles decided CNU losing home court and traveling 10+ hours on bus

Augie2020

Quote from: VT-Alum-NOVA on March 07, 2022, 12:52:49 PM
NCAA "rules" should be modified to give flexibility for sectional hosting over current 600 miles limit.  When you have 16 sites, I can see mileage limit helping to save money.  But when it is 4 sites, give some flight money up to give higher regional seed hosting rights. 
In this instance, it came down to one additional team having to fly and bureaucracy rules won.  they were quick to change to 600 miles to save money but unwilling to allow CNU to pay for flights and request buses from Bradley Airport to defray those costs?  that is asinine bureaucracy.  NCAA saves money with not paying flights for CNU but unwilling to allow buses from Bradley Airport because CNU willing to pay for themselves???
Agree 100%

CNU85

CNU flew into Boston today on CNU's dime.

D3Navy

Really looking forward to seeing the Trinity - CNU matchup.  Most of the discussion on this board is about travel, something TU understands.  CNU will face a fast, aggressive team in the Trinity women who, but for overtime and a 3-point bucket with 6 seconds to go in the first few games of the season, would also be undefeated. 

Gonna be a great game!

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: CNU85 on March 10, 2022, 04:24:24 PM

Does that really make sense?  I mean, if you're getting to the airport an hour before the flight, its an hour in the air, and then two hours by bus out to Amherst.  Are you really saving much time over an 8 hour bus ride?  Door to door the flying trip is maybe 5-6 hours, at best?  If there's a direct flight.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

Swish3

Quote from: Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan) on March 10, 2022, 08:47:30 PM

Does that really make sense?  I mean, if you're getting to the airport an hour before the flight, its an hour in the air, and then two hours by bus out to Amherst.  Are you really saving much time over an 8 hour bus ride?  Door to door the flying trip is maybe 5-6 hours, at best?  If there's a direct flight.

Perhaps CNU didn't want the NCAA involved w/them getting there?

D3Navy

CNU has a helluva team!  Really fun to watch them play.  A nailbiter to the end.

Happy to see the TU Tigers move on.

CNU85

You obviously have not been on a bus and on I-95 lately. Googlemaps has it a 9.5 hour drive in great conditions and no stops. This is easily a 12 hour venture by bus. So, yeah cutting it down to half or less makes sense.

CNU85

Quote from: D3Navy on March 11, 2022, 06:50:48 PM
CNU has a helluva team!  Really fun to watch them play.  A nailbiter to the end.

Happy to see the TU Tigers move on.

Thanks! I didn't get to see the game but when I noticed Trinity dropped 47 on CNU in the first half I knew they had figured out the Captains Chaos defense. Great run for the CNU seniors. At least the sweet 16 for their career (I believe that is correct) and a 76-11 overall record.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: CNU85 on March 14, 2022, 10:00:30 AM

You obviously have not been on a bus and on I-95 lately. Googlemaps has it a 9.5 hour drive in great conditions and no stops. This is easily a 12 hour venture by bus. So, yeah cutting it down to half or less makes sense.

Oh, I just assumed they'd take the bridge-tunnel and go up the peninsula.  I only venture down that part of I-95 if its the middle of the night.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

CNU85

The season is almost here. Top 25 is out. Good to  see the Lady Captains at #6. I also like the roster this year!

VT-Alum-NOVA

Quote from: CNU85 on October 31, 2022, 12:40:32 PM
The season is almost here. Top 25 is out. Good to  see the Lady Captains at #6. I also like the roster this year!

Grind out win against Santa Cruz helped CNU gain #1 ranking again this year.  I did not expect another possible undefeated regular season with the multiple senior losses from last year's team.  Looking forward to C2C tourney and possible rematch with Santa Cruz in final.

Swish3

Talk about a tough break for Anaya Simmons and CNU...hoping the team can step up and play inspired basketball.  It goes w/out saying that the games only get tougher the deeper you go in the tournament, and tonight will be no exception...any team that beats Hope on their home floor is really, really good, so it will be tough sleddin'...one game at a time!

GO LADY CAPS! 

Swish3

Great game from CNU...may very well have to play Tufts on their home court for the right to go to the final four...keep it going, and good luck, ladies!

Swish3

Wow, what a weekend...playing w/out Anaya and Katy, but still manage to get it done...hoping CNU can halt Rhode Island's magical run...amazing job, ladies!