BB: USAC: USA South Athletic Conference

Started by narch, December 30, 2005, 10:58:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

narch

ferrum vs. mc game summaries (ferrum release)

interesting to note that the fc sid didn't think enough of coop's performance to merit more than a "small blurb", either - he's an impressive pitcher, though - he hits his spots, changes speeds and works fast

Coop4POY

That ticks me off. The Ferrum SID wraps up the whole weekend with one small page. If Brandt did what Coop did they'd write a stinkin' book. Props to Methodist for having a seperate release for each game and standing up for their guys. How is anyone supposed to find out about his performance? Narch, "interesting" is a nice way to say it.

PrideFan1986

Quote from: Coop4POY on February 27, 2006, 04:53:48 PM
That ticks me off. The Ferrum SID wraps up the whole weekend with one small page.  How is anyone supposed to find out about his performance?

I tell u coop if you only know how much work there was to be a SID you would understand. I know some about what goes on in that department so I know how it is writing reveiews. So I would suggest u think if you could do it having to deal with 12 plus sports with stuff coming in year round and then you can say something.

cnufan

Ya the Ferrum SID is a one-man show who also happens to coach a sport there. Id think about cutting him some slack. He does the best that he can and does a better than adequate job at it too.

Coop4POY

I wish I worked for you two. We're talking about a PAID PROFESSIONAL not a DIII athlete. So let me summarize what your excuses are......... his job is hard.........he's busy........but he tries hard............. Who's job isn't hard and who's isn't busy? Is the Methodist SID's job difficult? Is the Methodist SID busy? I'm not attacking this SID or his character, I simply made the observation that the Methodist SID's coverage of the weekend was far better and much more in depth than the Ferrum SID's. This isn't rec league - the reason this board even exists is because its a competitive sport where somebody wins and somebody loses. Can we not hold adult administrators to the same standards? So the Methodist SID outdid the Ferrum SID - It doesn't mean he's some kind of terrible guy - but don't try to act like he gave his ace enough credit. 

cnufan

I think you should share this with the Ferrum SID and let him know how you Ferrum fans feel. Then report back to us and let us know what he said.

cnufan

Plus, I could give two sh!t$ about Ferrum and its baseball program and your so called Player of the Year, but thats just my opinion. Maybe he doesnt think highly of your so called ace, maybe you're making him out to be better than he actually is.

cnufan

I do know this. The Captains, who were down last year, went 1-1 against your beloved Cooper. He shut out CNU in nine allowing three hits walked three and struck out six.

In the game CNU won, Kenny Moreland showed why he was USA South's Rookie Pitcher of the Year striking out 12 ferrumites while your beloved Coop went the distance, allowed nine hits, three runs and struck out nine.

I think Moreland is better than him. Cooper was 6-2 in 13 apps. with a 2.52 ERA and 40 ks and 82 hits in 82.1 innings. Moreland was 6-2 with a 1.52 ERA in 12 apps with 78 ks in 65 innings pitched. Plus he allowed less than one hit per inning.

Im anxious for the April 1-2 meetings at the end of the earth and see how it really pans out.

Coop4POY

Goose, I'm concerned that you're having trouble exercising your brain without using profanity....but regardless:
1. the "POY" reference is to pitcher of the year - hence the poll at the top of the page......get it?
2. Coop and Moreland played big roles in CNU's conference tournament. Coop's shutout sent CNU to the losers bracket and Moreland's lone tournament decision sent them to the house!
3. Coop continued to step up in big games as he SHUTOUT the #7 team in the country in the opening round of the regional tournament.
4. Coop vs. Brandt - we've talked enough about it.
5. Talk all the numbers you want. Give me the guy who steps up in the biggest games of the year - Coop
5. To not care about Ferrum, you sure do keep up with the SID and his "better than adaquate job" - or was that an uninformed decision?
6. Any "down year" that CNU has is its own fault. If you lose a regular season game with that tuition, those facilities, and that recruiting base you should be fired!
7. Congrats to Moreland for POTW.

narch

coop - your son (or brother, or roomate, or self...i haven't figured out which you are) didn't even get his own team's nomination for pitcher of the week after his sterling performance...hmm, interesting

as far as the job the ferrum sid does, i'll say this...it's better than a lot of others, especially some of those outside of this conference...maybe he just wasn't as impressed with cooper's performance as you were - as his dad/brother/roomate/him, you've got to admit you're a bit biased, right? - i think for the most part this conference has been blessed with pretty good sid's - i hear your point re: being a paid professional, but brother, if you had to walk in those shoes for a week for the little pay that they make, i think you'd have a bit more empathy - i was the roommate of the previous methodist sid and he was ALWAYS working - at mc it's a one man show, as well, and with 18 sports, game management for home contests, website maintenance, and all the other stuff you have to do...let's just say i wouldn't THINK about doing that job at a place like mc...but most sid's do it because the love it

mc's sid has just resigned to take a job at clayton state in ga and i'm VERY nervous...he's done a great job the last 3 years or so, and you just never know if you're going to get someone who can do the job as a replacement...

cnufan

SeanTaylorisKing

Coop, 
Saying that Kenny's only decision in the conference tournament sent CNU home last year is ridiculous because it was a 1-0 loss.  Pitching a complete game while giving up 6 hits is stepping up in a big game.  The hitting at CNU has been down since the big boys left in 2003.  Ferrum chokes every year in the conference tournament when they are the #1 team.  Last year when they were the underdogs is when they got hot.  So maybe you dont want to be the big dawg in the regular season this year.

Coop4POY

Sean, glad to see your 1st post. Good point about Moreland. I didn't say he pitched bad - I said his only decision was a loss - is that fact or not? Shutouts are a little better than 1 run performances - is that fat or not? I'm not saying ANYTHING negative about Moreland - he's sick. I simply said that I think Coop steps up in big games bigger than any other pitcher - I wouldn't expect you to agree.

SeanTaylorisKing

Those are facts but so are the numbers of the two from last year and kenny had better numbers across the board.  Don't pick and choose the games you want to compare.  A whole season is a better comparison of the two.  Same record, Kenny with a run better ERA, and 38 more strikeouts in 17 less innings.  Kenny is definetly more dominating of a pitcher. 

Coop4POY

Narch, you've had 1500 posts and I'm sure most of them were MC biased. I've had 13 posts which were Ferrum baseball biased. I've posted about Coop, Methodist, CNU, SID's, etc. I can't have a strong opinion about Cooper w/o being his dad? Were you Ryan Brandt's dad before he started getting shelled? How about Rock during football season, are you his brother? I'm a Ferrum baseball fan, I have no relationship with Cooper, and its sad that I have to say that. Most of my posts are about something different. I chose that screenname b/c of the POY poll that Brandt was walking away with before Saturday. Watched the game (Cooper vs. Brandt) and thought it would be appropriate.
Last weekend: like your insight, keep posting, blah, blah
Today: your biased b/c you're Coop's girlfriend!
Sorry, I thought this was to post your thoughts and opinions. You know like the unbiased opinions that you formed while being the roommate of an SID.
There is probably a reason why not many other people have a zillion posts. More MC spin - if they don't agree, speculate about their identity and run them off.