Eastern Collegiate Football Conference

Started by ccd494, August 24, 2009, 09:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ccd494

Just a question without somewhere else to ask, but is there any way to get an ECFC thread started?

union89

Quote from: ccd494 on August 24, 2009, 09:37:04 PM
Just a question without somewhere else to ask, but is there any way to get an ECFC thread started?

I was going to ask the same question a couple of weeks ago....I'm sure Pat will set it up since you have requested it....

Pat Coleman

Appreciate the heads-up. Consider it created.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

AUPepBand

Pep wants to be one of the first to welcome all the ECFC fans to their very own Post Patterns!
On Saxon Warriors! On to Victory!
...Fight, fight for Alfred, A-L-F, R-E-D!

Boxer7806

Ralph Turner

Quote from: AUPepBand on August 27, 2009, 03:49:21 PM
Pep wants to be one of the first to welcome all the ECFC fans to their very own Post Patterns!

Seconded!  Welcome aboard!

Congratulations on the leadership that your presidents have provided to bring this conference into being.

'gro

I know this has been hashed out on other boards, but does this conference have what is needed to have an AQ in a few years?

Boxer7806

Husson is a team on the rise and the conference does have some wins against mediocre E8 teams and top NEFC teams... In my mind they will be on par with the NEFC when the conference recieves their AQ.

In fact I believe the conference has the distinct advantage over the NEFC in the fact that they do not have as many teams in conference and geographically they will be able to reach out and play a tougher non conference schedule.

One huge problem does come up in recruiting because many of these teams are going to be competing with NEFC teams with recruits which could water down the east region more then it already is.

Teams like Plymouth are going to run into trouble now competing for recruits against the likes of Husson and Norwich and Castelton which can use the same pitch Plymouth used to become relevant again: Early Playing Time and Easier Road to the Playoffs.

dlippiel

Quote from: Boxer7806 on August 29, 2009, 06:26:00 PM
Husson is a team on the rise and the conference does have some wins against mediocre E8 teams and top NEFC teams... In my mind they will be on par with the NEFC when the conference recieves their AQ.

In fact I believe the conference has the distinct advantage over the NEFC in the fact that they do not have as many teams in conference and geographically they will be able to reach out and play a tougher non conference schedule.

One huge problem does come up in recruiting because many of these teams are going to be competing with NEFC teams with recruits which could water down the east region more then it already is.

Teams like Plymouth are going to run into trouble now competing for recruits against the likes of Husson and Norwich and Castelton which can use the same pitch Plymouth used to become relevant again: Early Playing Time and Easier Road to the Playoffs.

Husson should have a pretty solid team this year right? At least in comparison to the NEFC and some lower epchilan E8, LL, and NJAC teams. They played SJF well and beat Springfield last year dlippiel thinks.

Boxer7806

that is correct ... I like Husson this year and think they have a chance to run the table in the conference... if that does happen do they have  a chance at an at large Pool C Bid?

Pat Coleman

It would be Pool B, but I would think yes, if they run the table they would have a shot. But they would need to win all of their games, not just the conference games. There's just not much there.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Boxer7806

Ralph Turner

Quote from: 'gro on August 29, 2009, 10:52:47 AM
I know this has been hashed out on other boards, but does this conference have what is needed to have an AQ in a few years?
Yes, 'gro.

The ECFC is on track to take a bid from Pool B and move into the group of Pool A conferences in 2011.

ccd494

Thank you for creating the thread.

Hopefully some ECFC fans find their way here.

Ralph Turner