New Conference

Started by pillowhands, April 07, 2015, 12:21:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pillowhands

Can anyone tell me why Keuka, Canton, Suny IT, SUNY Morrisville, Medaille, Suny Cobbleskill, Cazenovia, and Wells just don't break away from the NEAC and form there own conference?

Ralph Turner

Who knows? They might in a few years.  They would be pulling Medaille from the AMCC, and maybe even invite Hilbert, too.

Canton has to be happy with how they are helping the E8 get to a Pool A bid in baseball in a couple of years. Canton probably would not want to break up that move by withdrawing.

If there are new additions to the conference in Pennsylvania, then it might happen.

Every AD and President is watching to preserve the AQ. I am skeptical at this time.

Bishopleftiesdad

Quote from: Ralph Turner on April 07, 2015, 11:22:55 PM
Who knows? They might in a few years.  They would be pulling Medaille from the AMCC, and maybe even invite Hilbert, too.

Canton has to be happy with how they are helping the E8 get to a Pool A bid in baseball in a couple of years. Canton probably would not want to break up that move by withdrawing.

If there are new additions to the conference in Pennsylvania, then it might happen.

Every AD and President is watching to preserve the AQ. I am skeptical at this time.
Now that Ithaca has left the empire 8 to join the Liberty league. Is there any reason for Canton to stay.

Ralph Turner

Quote from: Bishopleftiesdad on April 15, 2016, 03:52:38 PM
Quote from: Ralph Turner on April 07, 2015, 11:22:55 PM

Now that Ithaca has left the empire 8 to join the Liberty league. Is there any reason for Canton to stay.
What conference would be a step up for Canton?

Travel?
Mission and Vision?
Chance for winning program?

I do appreciate your thoughts on the subject.

D3SportsFan

Would Canton fit into the SUNYAC?