Atlantic Central Football Conference/Independents

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:14:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toby Taff

Quote from: Conrad on December 17, 2011, 09:21:43 PM
Quote from: Toby Taff on December 15, 2011, 01:21:33 PM
Quote from: Ralph Turner on December 13, 2011, 12:24:18 AM
Quote from: Toby Taff on December 13, 2011, 12:01:09 AM
I would not be in favor of stacking the brackets, but I wouldn't mind a random draw for bracket seeding. If polls really have nothing to do with it and all records are equal for the #1s put them in a hat and draw for seedings. 1st out = 1, 2nd = 2, etc. then at least people would stop griping about it favoring UWW and UMU unfairly.
I would only have the random drawing amongst "undefeated" #1's.
I agree, but how often is there a 1 loss #1
Wesley, UMHB, Linfield, McMurry, Cal Lutheran, Hobart, Trinity Redlands. I think they stacked the wrong bracket if they wanted UMU and UWW out...lol
You're right but I would say that any of the four highlighted would have given UMU a good game and would have had a chance in alliance. So it may be that stacking the bracket created a situation that most insured a potential for upset, or it may have created the most attrition to contend with.
My wife and I are Alumni of both UMHB and HSU.  You think you are confused, my kids don't know which Purple and Gold team to pull for.

Teamski

Well, Wesley ends the season at #3 on both national DIII polls.  Well done to the Wolverines for overcoming the loss to Kean to return to the semi's and give MU a good game.  This was the first time that Wesley had a regular season loss and reached the Semi's.  It was fun to see all of the different teams and locations that Wesley has had to play through the last couple years.  From the Virginia University of Lynchburg with its HUGE offensive line to the D1 FCS Charleston Southern with it's nice grass field, Wesley has one of the most unique schedules anywhere in DIII, that is for sure.  This is not the last of it either.  Next year will be quite interesting for the team.  Your turn Justin!

Now what to do in the meantime.   :o ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :'(

-Ski
Wesley College Football.... A Winning Tradition! A Coach Mike Drass Legacy.

Raider 68

To wesleydad and Teamski, I wish each of you and your famlies a Merry Christmas!
13 time Division III National Champions

Teamski

Quote from: Raider 68 on December 22, 2011, 04:38:50 PM
To wesleydad and Teamski, I wish each of you and your famlies a Merry Christmas!

And the same to you!  +k!

-Ski
Wesley College Football.... A Winning Tradition! A Coach Mike Drass Legacy.

wesleydad

to all the wesley faithful, traveling to see my son in Tennessee, so have a great xmas and I will talk to you some time soon.

thewaterboy

Merry Christmas to all! About an hour late but i was busy  ;) And a Happy New Year!

SUADC

I was bored at work. So I decided to come up with a solution to Wesley and Huntingdon possibly joining a conference. I think this could go into effect after this upcoming season. I know there are many factors and issues with conference alignment and the sorts. But, like I said I was bored so this is what I have to say.

I think the USA South Conference should invite both Wesley and Huntingdon into the conference, as well as invite Salisbury*, Frostburg*, and Newport News Apprentice** to join the confernce and split it into two divisions.

USA South (N)                          USA South (S)
Wesley                                             NC Wesleyan
Salisbury*                                         Huntingdon
CNU                                                 Maryville (Tenn.)
Ferrum                                              Averett
Frostburg State*                                LaGrange
Shenandoah  ***                               Methodist
Newport News Apprentice**                 Greensboro   

*Subject to Empire 8 Contract
**Not considered NCAA institution
***Leaving for the ODAC

DGPugh

this 'idea' of the USA conference looks awesome
wish it would happen
i think Huntingdon would be competitive in that conference
keep the faith
"Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes." 
Ephesians 6:11

jknezek

Shenandoah is a member of the ODAC in all sports starting next year. They have wanted to be in the ODAC for years and you can bet they won't be going anywhere. The ODAC might be willing to release Catholic, who is an associate member for football only, although I think the ODAC is pretty happy having 8 teams for football for scheduling purposes going forward.

SUADC

Quote from: jknezek on December 30, 2011, 11:23:07 AM
Shenandoah is a member of the ODAC in all sports starting next year. They have wanted to be in the ODAC for years and you can bet they won't be going anywhere. The ODAC might be willing to release Catholic, who is an associate member for football only, although I think the ODAC is pretty happy having 8 teams for football for scheduling purposes going forward.

Now with Shenandoah out the picture, you can release Newport News Apprentice and have 12 teams in the conference having 6 in each division, having each team play every team within each division and two games in the other division, leaving two OOC games.

Ralph Turner

Quote from: SUADC on December 30, 2011, 03:01:26 PM

Now with Shenandoah out the picture, you can release Newport News Apprentice and have 12 teams in the conference having 6 in each division, having each team play every team within each division and two games in the other division, leaving two OOC games.
I appreciate your grappling with the Huntingdon and Wesley questions. They have pestered me for a long time.

The disadvantage is that the playoff loser really hurts its chances at a Pool C bid, as few as they are in football.

And the USA South has never gotten a Pool C in football.

Pat Coleman

Quote from: Ralph Turner on December 30, 2011, 04:14:06 PM

I appreciate your grappling with the Huntingdon and Wesley questions. They have pestered me for a long time.

The disadvantage is that the playoff loser really hurts its chances at a Pool C bid, as few as they are in football.

It did in 2004 -- both Shenandoah and Christopher Newport got in.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Ralph Turner

Quote from: Pat Coleman on December 31, 2011, 02:16:43 AM
Quote from: Ralph Turner on December 30, 2011, 04:14:06 PM

It did in 2004 -- both Shenandoah and Christopher Newport got in.
Oh thanks...the same year that the ASC had 2...Champion HSU and the UMHB Stagg Bowl team as the Pool C bid.

thewaterboy

Check out Shane McSweeny's highlight tape. Wow! Will have to admit that its the first time I've seen a QB highlight tape that features his blocking too lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIJ7D9CCfHs

Enjoy!

PA_wesleyfan

Football !!! The ultimate team sport. Anyone who plays DIII football is a winner...