FB: North Coast Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:05:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wally_wabash

And another.  The stars of this fun play are back. 

"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

Dr. Acula

I was checking out the front page of d3football and I was surprised by the poll results.  44% don't even think Wabash will make the playoffs this year?!  I'm a big ER fan, but let's pump the brakes a little on the pending collapse of Wabash football.  IMO, there is no way that the 2016 team should finish anything but 10-0.  Not with the players they have back and not with what Witt lost.  Monon Bell week is obviously a different animal, but I would think the vast majority of you guys are confident that DePauw isn't quite there yet.  I think 10-0 is the expectation this year.  Maybe you guys feel differently though. 

wabco

Just keep ranking as you like. 

However ... Wabash WILL BE 10-0 IN REGULAR SEASON and WILL MAKE A SERIOUS RUN IN PLAYOFFS. Just left the campus.  Anticipated Frosh out for football is north of 60.  Returners are anticipated at around 80+.  Graduation, while losing some very fine people, holes ARE FILLED.  Hello .......  Witt and Dannies are the marque games but should be Ws . Period.   Dannies play at Wabash.  HELLO ...

Do not know what is being smoked by the "rankers" ... but it sure ain't Marlborro.

Joe Wally

There is no wrestling forum on this site, so I will post this here along with a note of congratulations to Riley Lefever who was named a first team academic All-American.

http://sports.wabash.edu/news/2016/6/7/wrestling-lefever-named-to-academic-all-america-first-team.aspx

jknezek

Quote from: Joe Wally on June 08, 2016, 12:19:35 PM
There is no wrestling forum on this site, so I will post this here along with a note of congratulations to Riley Lefever who was named a first team academic All-American.

http://sports.wabash.edu/news/2016/6/7/wrestling-lefever-named-to-academic-all-america-first-team.aspx

He pretty much destroyed W&L's wrestler early in the NCAA tournament. I was very impressed. Congratulations to him.

matblake

He's tough as nails.  He finished 5th in freestyle at 74 kg at University Nationals. http://www.d3wrestle.com/?p=9084

Dr. Acula

Quote from: wabco on June 08, 2016, 11:40:05 AM
Just keep ranking as you like. 

However ... Wabash WILL BE 10-0 IN REGULAR SEASON and WILL MAKE A SERIOUS RUN IN PLAYOFFS. Just left the campus.  Anticipated Frosh out for football is north of 60.  Returners are anticipated at around 80+.  Graduation, while losing some very fine people, holes ARE FILLED.  Hello .......  Witt and Dannies are the marque games but should be Ws . Period.   Dannies play at Wabash.  HELLO ...

Do not know what is being smoked by the "rankers" ... but it sure ain't Marlborro.

In all fairness, it's just the poll question on the front page that anyone can vote on.  However, normally this particular neighborhood of the internet has largely informed participants so I was just a little surprised.  I just thought it was interesting and it's June so I figure what the heck let's talk about something at least!     

wally_wabash

Quote from: Dr. Acula on June 08, 2016, 11:24:33 AM
I was checking out the front page of d3football and I was surprised by the poll results.  44% don't even think Wabash will make the playoffs this year?!  I'm a big ER fan, but let's pump the brakes a little on the pending collapse of Wabash football.  IMO, there is no way that the 2016 team should finish anything but 10-0.  Not with the players they have back and not with what Witt lost.  Monon Bell week is obviously a different animal, but I would think the vast majority of you guys are confident that DePauw isn't quite there yet.  I think 10-0 is the expectation this year.  Maybe you guys feel differently though.

I mean, 56% do think Wabash will make the playoffs, which I think is probably a fair assessment regardless of who is coaching the team.  It only takes one loss to wind up outside of the tournament.  DePauw will have a good team.  I have no idea what Wittenberg has, but I know Wabash has to go to their place and they'll be particularly salty.  Neither will be easy games- and neither would have been easy games had there not been some coaching turnover.   I think Wabash is the superior side in both instances, certainly, but if somebody wants to say Wabash would lose one of them and wind up out of the tournament, that's not an unreasonable take. 

It would be interesting to see from that 44% what kinds of predicted records people see for Wabash.  I think that's where you would really get a feel for how the D3fb community is viewing this spring's changes at Wabash. 
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

oldtiger

Coaching changes at Witt. Not a lot of experience:

http://www.springfieldnewssun.com/news/sports/reed-florence-returns-to-wittenberg-tigers-coachin/nrbMB/

Also baseball and basketball coaches resign, both with 20+ in the position.

DPU3619

Quote from: oldtiger on June 09, 2016, 01:04:43 PM

http://www.springfieldnewssun.com/news/sports/reed-florence-returns-to-wittenberg-tigers-coachin/nrbMB/

Reed's been around. Marian & Millikin are both good jobs. He must have really wanted to come back home. He was OC at Milikin, but is taking the safeties job at Witt.

wally_wabash

Quote from: Old Pal Wes on June 10, 2016, 03:01:18 AM
Quote from: oldtiger on June 09, 2016, 01:04:43 PM

Reed's been around. Marian & Millikin are both good jobs. He must have really wanted to come back home. He was OC at Milikin, but is taking the safeties job at Witt.

Lesson 1 for Witt safeties may need to be how to not get dump trucked by the other guys' quarterback.  They failed at this last season. 

This clip will never die. 

WooClone15

So this is completely unrelated, but days like today are when I'm glad for D-3 football. Baylor's BOR will vote today on whether to just give Briles a one year suspension. Granted I've only sort of followed D-3 football for four years, but I feel like the Baylor situation wouldn't happen at d3, and if it did, there would be no doubt the coach would be fired

wabco

Aren't we about at that time of year when Finchem and the Springfield News advise us concerning the marvelous crop of Witt recruits?

oldtiger