MBB: Landmark Conference

Started by Dave 'd-mac' McHugh, February 20, 2007, 07:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cold_case

Quote from: bballfan10 on July 10, 2008, 10:51:23 AM
Well I have only seen him twice in person (1 of those games he was pretty impressive) so it may be an unfair judgement on my part, I am just speculating on why he wasnt playing. Injuries problly should have come to mind first now that I think back he had a huge brace on his leg.

Pretty impressive? You must have seen him play volleyball. He was all-state in that sport in high school.

NEPAFAN

Yes, Scranton has had some bad luck with injuries. Luke Hawk going down in practice last year, and an injury to Bogovich.

There was an article somewhere about everything Londo over came injury wise, I'll try and find it..
A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall.
Vince Lombardi

cuabigdog

i know this has nothing to do with D III baskeball and most who read this will really care less but ,, for anyone interested , former CUA coach  Mike Lonergan will be in town on Nov 21, Friday  when the Univ. of Vermont takes on the Univ. of MD ...
CUA 2001 NCAA  DIII Basketball National Champions

Wydown Blvd.

NEPAFAN

A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall.
Vince Lombardi

BCannon

Juniata posted an article on their website about their incoming class. It's a large class that looks like it will be able to contribute a little bit of everything from the sound of it (size, shooting, etc.) The most important thing is for there to be a PG that emerges from this group to run the team. Here is the link.

http://www.juniata.edu/athletics/mbasketball/news.html?SHOWARTICLE+3392

NEPAFAN

Quote from: bballfan10 on July 27, 2008, 11:43:31 PM
Juniata posted an article on their website about their incoming class. It's a large class that looks like it will be able to contribute a little bit of everything from the sound of it (size, shooting, etc.) The most important thing is for there to be a PG that emerges from this group to run the team. Here is the link.

http://www.juniata.edu/athletics/mbasketball/news.html?SHOWARTICLE+3392

Thanks for the link. Juniata lands a Catholic transfer huh?

Ryan Jones
F, Coudersport, Pa./Coudersport

Ryan will be transferring to Juniata College from Catholic University of America, where he has been a member of the Catholic men's basketball team for the past two seasons. He will have junior athletic eligibility at Juniata

So Scranton is really only bringing in two players in this year's recruiting class?
Vince Lombardi

BCannon

I'd be very surprised if that was the case for Scranton. Coming off another NCAA year and having lost a very good senior class I would have thought this one would be at least 4 or 5 good soild players.

Supposedly there is another Catholic player transferring to Salisbury University in MD. I didn't get a name but I was told he was 6'8. Possibly McGrew? If so that would be a huge loss.

NEPAFAN

Quote from: bballfan10 on August 01, 2008, 10:26:22 AM
I'd be very surprised if that was the case for Scranton. Coming off another NCAA year and having lost a very good senior class I would have thought this one would be at least 4 or 5 good soild players.

Supposedly there is another Catholic player transferring to Salisbury University in MD. I didn't get a name but I was told he was 6'8. Possibly McGrew? If so that would be a huge loss.

Interesting, something to watch for.........Salisbury is a lot cheaper, right?
Vince Lombardi

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Salisbury is FAR cheaper than CUA (one of the reasons CUA and GOU left the CAC for the Landmark - financially they couldn't compete with SAL and others). However, surprised if the move was made for team-reasons. I would put CUA above SAL right now (and over the last 10 years).
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

cold_case

Quote from: Dave "d-mac" McHugh on August 03, 2008, 05:22:49 PM
Salisbury is FAR cheaper than CUA (one of the reasons CUA and GOU left the CAC for the Landmark - financially they couldn't compete with SAL and others). However, surprised if the move was made for team-reasons. I would put CUA above SAL right now (and over the last 10 years).

Losing players should not happen to one of the two teams that are the future of the league.

Cardinal guy

Catholic lost John Ginnity (sp?) when he transferred to Clark and still managed to win the national title, beating Clark in the Elite 8 on Clark's home floor in the process.

Kids transfer for many reasons. Not all of the kids who transfer are ... shall we say ... impact players.

BCannon

CG- Do you know who it is that supposedly transfered to Salisbury? Also, do you have any news about who Catholics new recruits will be this year? Something I found interesting that I heard about CUA recently was that they continued to practice even after the game against Goucher until the last day the NCAA permits it. Could have been some valuable time and lessons learned in that stretch, I was just interested if anyone else had heard of their team doing this?

Pat Coleman

I have heard of some coaches threatening to do it but none that actually did so, at least not all the way up through the final four.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

BCannon

I have heard of being threatened as well before, however it never came to frutition. I'm not sure if it was through the Final Four I just assumed it was 2 weeks extra or something close to that. If they practiced through the Final Four then I could see why some guys may choose to leave.

DMAC- Who is the player from Goucher that I believe is from Walbrook or Woodlawn (I know it was with a W) who sat out last year with a knee injury? I don't know if you have seen him recently but looks to be in great shape and will be one of Gouchers best players next year if not the best. He will be a real tough matchup for teams in the league next year.