MBB: Landmark Conference

Started by Dave 'd-mac' McHugh, February 20, 2007, 07:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGrove

To be fair, I've worked on a few site redesigns now, and it ALWAYS takes longer than anticipated. There is a ton of work to do on the back end, and it's hard to get done in addition to multiple other duties. If you can have someone(s) dedicated only to a redesign, more power to ya.

The best thing to do is not to announce a launch date til you're almost ready to launch!

TheGrove

Day 1 of the Pepsi/Weis Markets Tip-Off Tournament at Susquehanna:

King's 64, SUNY Morrisville 47
Susquehanna 70, Penn College 61

TheGrove

Susquehanna falls to King's, 88-80 in OT of the championship game of the tournament. Joel Patch and Spenser "Casanova" Spencer named to all-tourney team.

NEPAFAN

Quote from: TheGrove on November 22, 2008, 06:10:34 PM
Susquehanna falls to King's, 88-80 in OT of the championship game of the tournament. Joel Patch and Spenser "Casanova" Spencer named to all-tourney team.

Spenser Spencer? Is that a real name? If so best in the conference....

Scranton 73
Ramapo 49

Paul Hawk with 7 blocks. Nice turnaround from the disaster at Cabrini.
A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall.
Vince Lombardi

TheGrove

Quote from: NEPAFAN on November 22, 2008, 07:17:30 PM

It is real. Not sure where the "Casanova" nick came from though.

saratoga

Nice job regrouping today by the Royals. The first half was close because Ramapo simply scored pretty easily inside & got far too many second & third attempts. Nice adjustment by the Royals starting the second half packing it down deep & forcing them to hit from the outside...which they never did. At that point Scranton was able to compete underneath & Paul Hawk...as NEPAFAN stated, established himself in the paint & took it right to them with block after block. Ramapo has some athletes & they do well from within 6 feet of the basket...push them outside of that comfort zone...which the Royals did in the 2nd. half, & their weakness was most certainly exposed. Good win...arn't they all though?

Matt Letourneau

Catholic improved to 82-62 with a win over Stevenson (Villa Julie to the rest of us) at home.  This game was really never close, as the Cardinals pulled away early and coasted.

Former head coach Mike Lonergan--fresh off a tough OT loss to Maryland--was in the house, along with his family.

Its early, but I was impressed by the intensity of Catholic.  The personality of this team is MUCH different than last years.  Last year's team probably had more talent, but you know what?  This looks like a better team and a more cohesive and complimentary roster.  Sometimes you get an addition by subtraction type of situation. 

Catholic is lacking size, and that's the one thing that Stevenson wasn't lacking, but rebounding was even.  Breakout game for Matt Fazzini (22) points, and another 20+ game for Jason Banzhof--is anybody paying attention to what this kid is doing every time out?  Its unreal.  He's averaging 21.3 and shooting 65 percent.

Guard play is much improved, particularly RJ Dixon.

Obviously lots of freshman in the mix.  Some tough kids in that group.

Should be interesting.  Catholic has Haverford on the road before a tournament at Carneige Mellon and then an intriguing league game at Goucher.

ronk

Matt,
  While at Dickinson for the Lady Royals game in their tournament Saturday, I saw the rosters for the men's side which included Salisbury and Chris McGrew along with assistant coach Mike Wasilenko.
   Hope u meet Carnegie Mellon in their tournament so we can get a line on the Landmark vs. UAA.

Matt Letourneau

I knew McGrew was down there, but I didn't know Was was on the coaching staff.  Good for him, he was a good guy and I'm glad he got a shot someplace.

It will be interesting to see how McGrew develops. 

Phillystreetster

What day of the week do the d3hoops rankings come out?

mailsy

Quote from: Phillystreetster on November 24, 2008, 01:01:26 PM
What day of the week do the d3hoops rankings come out?

The top 25 rankings usually come out on Tuedays.  (You can look up top 25 rankings on the front page.  If you look a little you could find the explanation.)  But Pat Coleman said in another thread there will be no rankings this week. Hope that helps.  :)
Cabrini Cavaliers 2012 National Runner-Up.
First official poster on the Atlantic East forum board.

TheGrove

Quote from: TheGrove on November 22, 2008, 09:50:10 PM
Quote from: NEPAFAN on November 22, 2008, 07:17:30 PM

It is real. Not sure where the "Casanova" nick came from though.

To answer my own question... I just found out today that his middle name is Casanova. It's not just a nickname. His parents have quite the sense of humor.

NEPAFAN

Scranton loses to Misercordia, they are see-sawing sandwiching two loses in between a great win vs. Ramapo.

Happy Thanksgiving to All , Enjoy the food and football!
A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall.
Vince Lombardi

BCannon

Tough night for the Landmark, 7 of the 8 teams lose with USMM having their game postponed. I had the opportunity to take in the Salisbury at Goucher game tonight which going into I thought the Gophers would win going away, however that did not prove to be the case. Couple of random thoughts

-The Gophers are pretty athletic, but very undisciplined and lack any true post players (if you thought they were small last year wait till u see them this year)
-I thought certain players got lost on the bench. Dada and Cotton are two of their best players and although they didn't have their best game and were in foul trouble, should have been on the floor
-Bailey who started for them last year, and was a solid player from what I saw barely played tonight which left me somewhat miffed
-They play a lot of freshman. Two fresh start and two others were in the rotation. Along with them Desouza and Cotton both sophomores play so overall a lot of youth
- Negron had a good game shame he was in foul trouble early
-Freshman Perry shoots to much. I never saw a shot I didn't like, but this guy made me even feel good about some of the shots I used to take. Says he only took 13 shots and had 4 tos but those numbers have to be generous

D-Mac would be interested to hear your thoughts on the game. I think you were the announcer for the game and if you were kudos to you, you were on top of everything.

G-manWU

Kudos to the Royals faithful for a very good win over Ramapo. However, in other recent developments........

The new boys to the MAC Freedom (who are VERY happy to be in the league, I should add) send the Royals (whose administration, as we all know, thought they were a cut above the MAC) back to the Landmark with an "L" that is sure to raise some eyebrows in the administration buildings on Jefferson Avenue :o Now, I know from seeing the Cougars several times in recent years that they have a solid, well-coached group, and could probably pound on some of the bottom-tier Landmark teams a bit. 

But for those of you who just go on name recognition (and probably still think of the school as "College Misericordia") I should ask...how bad do you rank this one?

Say, perhaps, with the Marywood loss from five or six seasons ago ???