2016 NCAA Tournament

Started by Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan), February 26, 2016, 08:10:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Ypsi

Probably everyone who cares is already watching the game, but just in case:  at the half, Amherst 29, Benedictine 25.

Greek Tragedy

On the video link, was watching it before...took a shower and came back. All I'm getting is a frozen ad.  ???

I'm refreshing...
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

David Collinge

Quote from: ronk on March 18, 2016, 03:43:33 PM
Quote from: Greek Tragedy on March 18, 2016, 06:07:03 AM
I would feature my Muskies in my signature if there was actually something to feature.

As previously mentioned on the NACC board, the only claim to fame the Muskies have is winning the NACC tournament as a 6th seed (all the road wins were in OT)...but during a year the conference tournament champion didn't receive the NCAA AQ!

I spent my childhood growing up at Pointer games as my dad was a professor at UWSP and led the pepband (this includes 3 trips to Kansas City as a member of the NAIA). I spent 3 years at Lakeland. If the Muskies ever do accomplish anything on the hardwood, I'll probably be the 2nd person to let you know. My personal claim to fame as a Muskie was being a member on the only conference championship in Lakeland history in soccer.

Well, there was Senator Ed Muskie of Maine.

Stop, you're making me cry.

Greek Tragedy

Well, not sure if I was the only one with problems, but it would've been nice to see the 2nd half!  :'( Not sure what happened as the 1st half worked fine. Looked (by live stats) a great 2nd half.

No need to worry about the 2nd semifinal as the Wisconsin Badgers are on at 6 pm Central time and then my high school alma mater is playing in the State semifinals for boys basketball on TV around 8:30 pm.

I'm assuming the championship game is on CBS Sports again?
Pointers
Breed of a Champion

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Gregory Sager

Benedictine 63
Amherst 60

Amherst's Connor Green missed a potential game-tying trey at the buzzer. Defensive-oriented contest, but neither team shot well even when they had open looks. As one would expect from a game in which both defenses were sharp, neither team enjoyed a double-digit lead at any point in the ballgame.

Benedictine outrebounded Amherst by 20, which was the most tell-tale stat of this contest.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

Ryan Stoppable

Quote from: Greek Tragedy on March 18, 2016, 06:55:10 PM

Yes it is. Starts at 6pm Eastern tomorrow night. And go Eagles!
Lakeland Muskies: Fear the Fish!

NCAA Appearances
Football: 17, 16, 15, 09, 05
MBB: 04
WBB: 17, 10, 06, 04, 02, 01, 99
Baseball: 03, 02 (College World Series)

Greek Tragedy

I restarted my laptop and I'm watching the rest of the 2nd semifinal.

I was watching the Badgers so I wasn't on the laptop anyway.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Gregory Sager

St. Thomas 66
Christopher Newport 62
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

magicman

St. Thomas defeats Christopher Newport 66-62. So the Bennies meet the Tommies for all the marbles.

Gregory Sager

Tomorrow it'll be suburban Chicagoland versus the Twin Cities, so yet again we're going to have a champion from the heartland.

This will be the first appearance by an undefeated team in the national championship game since UW-Platteville went 30-0 and won it all back in '98.

This will also be the first time that two Catholic schools have met in the D3 national championship game.

ronk

CNU loses only 2 games this year, to the U of St. Thomas Tommies tonight and to Scranton, which, before it was taken over by the Jesuits in 1945, was the St. Thomas College Tommies. 

David Collinge

Quote from: ronk on March 18, 2016, 10:38:47 PM
CNU loses only 2 games this year, to the U of St. Thomas Tommies tonight and to Scranton, which, before it was taken over by the Jesuits in 1945, was the College of St. Thomas Tommies.
I don't doubt you're right. +1

frodotwo

Well, not sure if I was the only one with problems, but it would've been nice to see the 2nd half!  :'( Not sure what happened as the 1st half worked fine. Looked (by live stats) a great 2nd half.

No need to worry about the 2nd semifinal as the Wisconsin Badgers are on at 6 pm Central time and then my high school alma mater is playing in the State semifinals for boys basketball on TV around 8:30 pm.

Sorry Tom, my high school alma mater smoked yours by 27.  ;D

Greek Tragedy

Quote from: frodotwo on March 18, 2016, 11:03:19 PM

I went to SPASH, Steve.  ;D
Pointers
Breed of a Champion

TGHIJGSTO!!!

frodotwo

Quote from: Greek Tragedy on March 18, 2016, 11:12:56 PM
Quote from: frodotwo on March 18, 2016, 11:03:19 PM

I went to SPASH, Steve.  ;D

Then......WE WON  ::)