BB: NACC: Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference

Started by bodhi5, February 01, 2006, 10:47:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CoachKs

As for Ketter he was a really good College Hitter, but how was the rest of his game?

Im glad that some players are starting to get noticed out of the NIIC. Over the past few years there has been what about 3 or four 1st team all americans?  Id say its getting some pretty good players.

bodhi5

Quote from: CoachKs on February 07, 2006, 04:01:32 PM
I was thinking of a more recent player than paddock, he was really good also, paddockhad the lowest era in the nation for most of that season.

AUpitch1, can you describe this "more recent.....awesome" pitcher of whom you are speaking?  Nobody in the conference has come close to Paddock's talent/numbers in recent years.  I'm a little curious to hear who you are talking about?  Yourself maybe?

dueceme31

It's hard to be much better than an All-American and Division III Pitcher of the Year as Paddock was in 2002.  Only other pitcher in recent history that had some fantastic seasons in the NIIC was Deegan, Fike or Pfalzgraf from AU in the late 90's

CoachKs

Pfalzgraf was pretty good but uncontroled, this player pitched for BU and led the conference in ERA, SO, and Wins

bodhi5

CoachKs

No that name doesn't sound familiar. Ill know the name if I see it.

bodhi5

Some of the more successful NIIC pitchers in the recent past have been:

Aurora: Chapple (All-Region), Paddock(National POY, Drafted), Quieles (All-Region), Salter (Drafted), Salzmann (All-Region)

Benedictine: Mannering (All-Region), Murphy (All-Region), Lansu, Astrouski

Clarke: Wentzlemen (All-NIIC)

Concordia: Paduch (Drafted), Van Spankerin (All-NIIC)

Eureka: Van Winkle (All-NIIC)

Rockford: Durlack (NIIC POY), Miller

CoachKs

Murphy- that was the name I was looking for! What is that guy doing now?

bodhi5

Quote from: CoachKs on February 06, 2006, 04:43:00 PM
Those are good Numbers but nothing like a guy who graduated a few years ago! What was his name again? Man that guy was awesome?

Quote from: huskie19 on February 02, 2006, 05:39:15 PM
Brady Salter-RHP- (Aurora Univ.) 6'5-215
7-2
3.84 era
IP-63.1
SO-49
B/Avg.-.288

CoachKs, you might be mistaken with Murphy.  Here are some reasons why:

1.  Murphy just graduated in 2005.
2.  His best season came in 2004 with these stats, which aren't too far off from Salter:
     8-1; 3.81 era; 75.2 IP, 52 SO; .261 B/Avg.
3.  His senior season he posted these numbers with a depleated BU offense:
    4-6; 4.59 era; 66.2 IP; 33 SO; 73 H

Murphy would have had better numbers his senior season with a better squad around him, but that's how it goes in team sports.  Look through the list again, maybe another name will "ring a bell."

Ralph Turner

Welcome to the Baseball Message Board for the Lake Michigan Conference  (LMC).

BigPoppa

Who is expected to take the title this year?

Who are the top players in this conference?

Was Edgewood's title last year a fluke?

Can Lakeland get back to thier championship form?

Is Marian's run atop the LMC over?

I am hoping to get insider information on this conference... please help me out if you have anything to offer.
Baseball is not a game that builds character, it is a game that reveals it.

REDMENFAN

I went to Lakeland for a semester, i'll say this much, I know that them letting Webber go was the biggest mistake they ever made. Coach Webber completely turned that program around winning several conference championships in a row, and even finishing 5th in the nation a few years back. I heard it was over a dispute about Lakeland's AD not wanting to have his assistants back and Webber said he would leave if she didn't keep his assistants. Not sure if its true, but that's the story I've been told. About the conference itself, nowhere near a conference like the CCIW, but there are definately some great individual players on some teams.

BigPoppa

Does anyone think Lakeland can ever get back to the NCAAs without Weber at the helm? John Govek, who was the pitching coach under Weber, is starting his second seson as the skipper and brought in his first recruiting class.

BigPoppa

Check out this interesting list on the Carthage web page:

Do any of the teams listed surprise you?

http://www.carthage.edu/athletics/index.cfm?page=325

CoachKs

Hey when does the first team in the NIIC start their season?