Pool B

Started by Ralph Turner, October 01, 2005, 02:12:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d-train

Quote from: Bob.Gregg on October 10, 2007, 11:35:19 AM
d-train,

You're thoughts on Willamette are right on.  They are part of the "rest of my list" (that's part of the reason I didn't do this until after 10/15 last year).

Willamette (2-3/2-1) Loss to Gustavus Adolphus, 34-25, Loss Western Oregon, 23-9 (non-DIII), Loss to Southern Oregon, 34-27 (non-NCAA)
At Puget Sound
At Menlo
Whitworth
At Lewis & Clark
Pacific Lutheran

Here's the rest of the "list"
Need lots of help:
Husson (4-2)
Martin Luther (4-2)
Rockford (4-2)

Gotcha, thanks. Oh...and +k for the work you've put into this.

I think Willamette will win the next two weeks (and beat L&C), so they'll be floating around on the bubble for a bit longer. Are the two losses for those other three teams all D3 losses?

Ralph Turner

Bob's excellent summary gives the impression that the NWC winner stands a good chance of getting one of the three Pool B bids.

Also, please remember that Pool B is eligible for Pool C bids after the Pool B's have been designated.

I appreciate his posting this after week #6.

smedindy

The "B" list looks pretty strong, especially since they're fighting for three spots now.

I can see, perhaps, the winner of the UAA, NWC and Salisbury / Wesley getting the bids, whilst the NWC and Salisbury may have a legit "C" chance if they don't get the "B".

ADL70

+K, too Bob

BTW is there any signifigance to the order teams are listed?
SPARTANS...PREPARE FOR GLORY
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO
Think beyond the possible.
Compete, Win, Respect, Unite

Bob.Gregg

The "list" that I've posted includes all of the teams I think are in the running for the three Pool B spots, and, failing there, in the Pool C group.

The current list isn't in any real order.  Give me a week or so, maybe two and I'll start ranking them.

Thanks for the +K's.  I hadn't really paid attention to that stuff, but then realized I was -15 or something.  I don't usually get into issues with smackoffs who would do that.  Maybe there's a bunch of people out there who think I don't know what I'm writing about....oh well.
Been wrong before.  Will be wrong again.

footballfan413

Quote from: Bob.Gregg on October 10, 2007, 07:52:08 PM

Thanks for the +K's.  I hadn't really paid attention to that stuff, but then realized I was -15 or something.  I don't usually get into issues with smackoffs who would do that.  Maybe there's a bunch of people out there who think I don't know what I'm writing about....oh well.

Well, I just got rid of that nasty little negative sign in front of your karma number.  Let's hope it stays away!   ;)
"Of course, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong!"  Dennis Miller

"Three things you don't want to be in football, slow, small and friendly!"  John Madden

"You can learn more character on the two-yard line than anywhere else in
life." Paul Dietzel / LSU

Bob.Gregg

This week impactful Pool B matchups:
Case Western Reserve (5-0/4-0)
At CMU

Wesley (5-1/5-1)
At Newport News

Whitworth (4-1/4-1)
At Lewis & Clark

Pacific Lutheran (4-1/4-1)
Menlo

Washington (5-1/5-1)
Chicago

Chicago (3-1/3-1)
At Washington (MO)

Willamette (2-3/2-1)
At Puget Sound

njlincolnlion

Bob.Gregg:

Salisbury could go undefeated with a win over Wesley, or Wesley & Salisbury could finish the year with one loss each.  If Salisbury beats Wesley, I don't know if two losses will get Wesley in.

I agree with smedindy, take on how things could unfold.
Hold fast to dreams,
For if dreams die,
Life is a broken-winged bird
That cannot fly.

Langston Hughes, '29      
Supreme Court Justice Thurgood Marshall, '30

17 NCAA DIII Championships

Bob.Gregg

nj,

I didn't say a two-loss Wesley team would get in.

I specifically said the "B" list wasn't ranked yet, and wouldn't be for another week, maybe two.

njlincolnlion

Bob.Gregg:

What do you think will happen if both Wesley and Salisbury finish the season with one loss?
Hold fast to dreams,
For if dreams die,
That cannot fly.

Langston Hughes, '29      

Bob.Gregg

All depends on whatever else happens.

I wouldn't think Salisbury's staff would sleep all that well that Saturday night.

In a week or two, I'll get into more of what might happen if this or that occurs.

IT'S TOO EARLY!

Knightstalker

NJLL, remember that Salisbury and Wesley are also eligible for a Pool C bid if they do not receive a Pool B bid.

"In the end we will survive rather than perish not because we accumulate comfort and luxury but because we accumulate wisdom"  Colonel Jack Jacobs US Army (Ret).

njlincolnlion

Knightstalker:

How have you been?  I agree that Salisbury and Wesley have possibly shots with a one loss record.  Right now, the pressure is on Wesley to win out.

I know this is the wrong board, but how do the Gothic Knights look for the upcoming season in B-Ball?  We're all going to miss Coach Brown.  Btw, Ive seen alot of NJCU commecials on TV lately, great job by the PR department.
Hold fast to dreams,
For if dreams die,
That cannot fly.

Langston Hughes, '29      

Ralph Turner

Quote from: Bob.Gregg on October 12, 2007, 03:20:47 PM
This week impactful Pool B matchups:
Case Western Reserve (5-0/4-0 6-0/5-0)
At CMU 20-17 OT over CMU

Salisbury (6-0/5-0 7-0/5-0)  including win over Christopher Newport (35-21)
Defeated Morrisville State, 50-7

Wesley (5-1/5-1 6-1/5-1)
At Newport News  Wesley wins 50-7

Whitworth (4-1/4-1 5-1/5-1)
At Lewis & Clark Whitworth wins 48-7.

Pacific Lutheran (4-1/4-1)
Menlo

Washington (5-1/5-1 6-1/6-1)
Chicago WUStL 31-10 over Chicago

Chicago (3-1/3-1 3-2/3-2)
At Washington (MO) Lost to WUStL 10-31

Willamette (2-3/2-1 2-4/2-2)