Pick time

Worcester over Framingham, WSC steps it up
Bridgewater over Fitchburg, BSC is simply better
UMass Dartmouth over MIT, Bad MIT
Maine Maritime over Westfield, Maine hung with a good BSC team
Endicott over Nichols, EC wins the Boyd
WNEC over Plymouth, Why not
Coast Guard over Mass MA, CGA will run the table
Curry over Salve Regina, Curry is good, or at least compared to Salve.

bignefcfan15

Worcester over Framingham
UMass Dartmouth over MIT
Maine Maritime over Westfield
Endicott over Nichols
Plymouth over WNEC
Coast Guard over Mass
Curry over Salve Regina

GOW: Bridgewater romps Fitchburg 35-7, FSC has no offense.

InTheMix

EC over Nichols....looks like EC is starting to play opportunistic football and converting on turnovers

Worcester easily over Framingham

UMD over MIT....a close one possibly but give the edge to a home team

Westfield over Maine Martime..another possible close one, but hopefully westfield wakes up

WNEC over Plymouth.....this is where WNEC tends to shock some people

Coast Guard over Mass Maritime

Curry in a blowout over Salve

Lastly, Bridgewater shows how weak fitchburg is with a blowout

Diablo981

wow the talk aboout bsc vs. fsc is just too good on this page. I have to chime in. the bad blood between these two teams has gotten worse since the 2 games they played last year. the clock malfunction when bsc was on the verge of a game tying drive, the trash talk by both sides, the big win by bsc in the ecac game. my prediction: bsc over fsc 28-6. Bears defense is too nasty. they cover well, they hit hard, and their front line is big, strong and fast.

Teck

I've heard enough about Bridgewater, they lost to UMD, they're not this super-powerhouse of a team in the league. They are near the top of a poorly talented league. The NEFC has been so decimated from the loss of last years seniors that there's about 5 teams who could potentially win the bogan division. This is the year of the coach, and it is coaching that will ultimately win this year, regardless of talent on the field, because basically it's lacking. As far as Fitchburg goes, their offense is better this year than it was last year, and they still managed to pull out one victory against them last year. Let's face it, while Bridgewater's defense has improved, their offense is at a loss. This is a very evenly matched contest, and it's probably going to be one of the better games this season let alone this week. I give the edge to Fitchburg, expect big a big game from Bruce Rogers and Kelton Francis. This defensive back tandem is just ready to have a breakout game with their respective athletic abilities. Haverty did a great job managing the game against Bridgewater the first game last year and I expect the same tomorrow.
One Brick

Gr8Day2BaBear

so u'r point is that u have no clue, bridgewater's defense was nasty against umd considering they kicked 3 field goals and the offense is just now gelling together...the umd loss has no bearing on how good bsc is.....and after tomorrow u'll know

63Center

I realize that stats can be misleading, but so can selecting teams based on emotions. Looking at the NEFC stats for both FSC and BSC it should be a close game.  They are tied for 6th in scoring offense,  BSC is 6th and FSC is 7th in scoring defense.  However the big differences comes when you look at total offense,  BSC is 2nd while FSC is 6th.  If BSC's defense is nasty, I guess FSC defense must be nastier since the stats for total defense have FSC 4th and BSC 5th.   So based on stats,  give this one to BSC.

Diablo981

game over. bsc wins 15-7. tastes like chicken

Gr8Day2BaBear

hey teck, leave the good calls to miller light would ya

bignefcfan15

Anyone watch the ending of the BSC and FSC game? I can summarize for you quick; 15-8 BSC w/ 1 minute to go, FSC has ball on BSC 12ish (inside twenty), 3rd and 1, FSC gets the first down and goes into "clock it position," qb gets the ball and spikes it, refs call it a fumble, BSC jumps on it, game over.  I think the refs took the game from the players. Would have been an exciting ending. Well worth the price of the ticket and travel.
Side note: I'm a BSC fan but what the team did before the game was unsportsman like to say the least. The players were running over to, basically the FSC 40, taunting the falcon players during warmups. I hope the BSC coaching staff can get a better handle on their players. I know the emotions were high after last season's games and I expected both sides to be fired up but that was uncalled for. Still no flag though while the refs just watched. Guess it isn't no penality till you get a flag.

gullgrad

wOW, I was not aware of the ending just from reading the news online, huh, seems as if that was left out of the write-ups.  Anyway, how about that gull defense, they are working their butts off right now.  I am very impressed.  But I will say that NC gave them more than they were ready for, that school is improving.  These next two weeks shoudl really tell us how powerful EC really is!

Gr8Day2BaBear

actually bignefcfan15 bsc has been doin that for years, they actually use to go all the around the field which the new coaching staff does not allow anymore so get a clue....and i don't know where u were standin, but the quarterback dropped the snap and never had possession of the ball, it's kinda hard to spike something your not holding...bsc's d played amazing don't down play it

p.s. unsportsmanlike is ripping the quarterbacks helmet off in the pile on the third play of the game....but i guess u missed fitchburg doing that too

Daddio

Was at the Bridgewater game--the QB definitely fumbled before he tried to spike the ball---
If the officals missed one, it was the first fumble by Fitchburg. I thought the runner was down by contact. However, Bridgewater ended up punting after that turnover.

d3fanoffootball

made the trip to the BSC FSC game ... probably won of the worst signs of sportsmanship by the BSC players in the pregame.... not a big fan of either team, but the boys of FSC where screwed by the refs in this one

Diablo981

I will admit that there was some bad sportsmanship by the bsc players in the pregame, but this goes back to before last weeks game. last year when bsc played fsc away the fitchburg players were just as bad and the officiating was horrible. bsc was screwed in that game by the refs, who allowed a 5 minute stoppage in time because the scoreboard shut off as bsc was making a potential game tying drive. the referees have the official time on thier watches, there was no need to stop the game and essentially take away bsc's momentum. and after the game it was got worse. the refs ran off the field while fsc fans lined the walkway where the bsc players had to walk through to the locker room and continued to taunt the players. then there were a select few who hoppen in a truck and circled the bsc bus in the parking lot chanting "overrated". so if the bsc players were a unsportsmanlike before the game started they got it out of their systems, because when the game started the only personal fouls were against fsc. karma is a beast.